The online racing simulator
Ice?
(26 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
Ice?
Does anybody know if there's any validity of this rather extraordinary claim on wikipedia?

Quote :Note 6: Ice is only used for internal testing, not present in the official tracks yet.

I doubt that's accurate. Probably just a bold assumption based on dynamic objects or some outer areas having next to no grip.
If it was dated as being updated today I'd be suspicious of it's validity

Could it be related more to an editable friction setting rather than actual 'ice'?
thats old it's from patch u
That's been on wikipedia for a long time. I doubt it's true tough.
Then again who knows what the devs have been testing internally, but they do seem to be mostly a "when-it's-done-release-it" kind of types.
Well, the grip level of the ramps is often referred to as "ice," but there's not really any telling as to whether it is ice or not.
#7 - Don
there is (or atleast was couple months ago) a small area on skidpad, where the surface felt like ice
... Back in the older versions (pre-released S2 / Leaked S2 beta), the surface beneath the tyres was listed, and the ramps were said to be "ice", so that's likely where that info has stemmed from.
That could as well have been a joke on Scawen's side
With the tyre physics back then...

Quite possibly.
Rumor mill ftw eh?
I think it had something to do with the Trophee andros edition of the LX8. Or was it the lemans prototypes at LFS-lemans with temperatures going below zero...
Quote from Hyperactive :I think it had something to do with the Trophee andros edition of the LX8. Or was it the lemans prototypes at LFS-lemans with temperatures going below zero...

Allright
Now, what was the release date of Lx8 again?
Quote from The Very End :I mean the one with 800HP and slicks

I think he meant official version or the one with Bobs tweak thingy
You are starting the rumor mill again!
Soon this topic will be ran over by lx fanboys :scared:
All i can really says is at least we know that it's either a really bad infrence or the devs are secretly modifing wiki content.

Lets hope it's the second choice.
it could mean areas like the never ending highway or the secret kart track.
No, they aren't for 'internal testing', they are just un-configured polygons, that are neither ground or scenery (or sky).
ah ok
WTH? Rain? :[
Attached images
rainlol.png
Only if you've paid £36 in total (i.e. preordered S3)

Ice?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG