The online racing simulator
LFS Server Control - Race Director
(79 posts, started )
Excellent program! A few suggestions: track/car change after a random number of laps... Car/track prefixed combinations... Good work, very usefull!
Quote from goldwing :Excellent program! A few suggestions: track/car change after a random number of laps... Car/track prefixed combinations... Good work, very usefull!

that's not what this program is for, but mcgas001 made one that does what you're wanting.
Excuse me, i was trying to remove my post, your proggy is excellent too!!
no problem, just trying to direct you to mcgas001's nice program.
I don't understand exactly what are the green, yellow and red flags? Is it automatic?
Quote from mcgas001 :You know, You should post that in program/InSim requests. Id be inrested in doing that

So would I actually. I'd have to get the buttons part of my InSim library finish first though.
Quote from DarkTimes :So would I actually. I'd have to get the buttons part of my InSim library finish first though.

Ooohhh, Sounds intresting. Let me know how you do dynamic button sizes please!
I see buttons CLOSED and RED but they not work when I press
Quote from ZolArT :I see buttons CLOSED and RED but they not work when I press

Quote from burnsy1882 at the beginning of the thread :You access the Race Director menu by combining the prefix and admin command from the config.ini file.

Burnsy: I have to ask this, How did you get that shade of green and orange in LFS? The only colours i know are 0-8.
Quote from mcgas001 :Burnsy: I have to ask this, How did you get that shade of green and orange in LFS? The only colours i know are 0-8.

for what part of the program?
Quote from burnsy1882 :for what part of the program?

The main admin screen, After you type the specified command, You get the screen to close/open pitlane etc etc..How did you get the dark green and the strange orange?
Quote from InSim Docs :#define ISB_C1 1 // you can choose a standard
#define ISB_C2 2 // interface colour using
#define ISB_C4 4 // these 3 lowest bits - see below
#define ISB_CLICK 8 // click this button to send IS_BTC
#define ISB_LIGHT 16 // light button
#define ISB_DARK 32 // dark button
#define ISB_LEFT 64 // align text to left
#define ISB_RIGHT 128 // align text to right

// colour 0 : light grey (not user editable)
// colour 1 : title colour (default:yellow)
// colour 2 : unselected text (default:black)
// colour 3 : selected text (default:white)
// colour 4 : ok (default:green)
// colour 5 : cancel (default:red)
// colour 6 : text string (defaultale blue)
// colour 7 : unavailable (default:grey)

since i'm using LFSLib, it's already in there as buttontextcolor or something like that, not looking at my code right now.
Version 1.0.5.0
Bug fix: buttons would show to new racers connecting to the server when the program is configured to hide on green.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Version 1.0.5.0
Bug fix: buttons would show to new racers connecting to the server when the program is configured to hide on green.

Nice.
Works as a charm. One thing, 'tho... Would it be possible that insim restarts race and changes the amount of lap when red flag is initilized (Meaning that if drivers have already driven 12 laps out of 30, race restarts [Starting order is the order when race restarted] and the race lasts 18 laps)?

Also, would it be possible to assign command for each button, so I can use controller to control the options instead of mouse?
Quote from Gekkibi :Works as a charm. One thing, 'tho... Would it be possible that insim restarts race and changes the amount of lap when red flag is initilized (Meaning that if drivers have already driven 12 laps out of 30, race restarts [Starting order is the order when race restarted] and the race lasts 18 laps)?

Isn't it easy enough just to type /restart and /laps=18
Quote from JO53PHS :Isn't it easy enough just to type /restart and /laps=18

Yes, but it would be easier if it would be done automatically. And /restart and /laps requires admin-password, race director doesn't.
Quote from Gekkibi :Yes, but it would be easier if it would be done automatically. And /restart and /laps requires admin-password, race director doesn't.

race director requires an admin-password to get it running. So if you want to run it, you have the admin-password, and when you have the admin password it shouldn't be the problem to do such things. If it wouldn't require an admin password, everyone could give redflags or cautions as he wants to.
Quote from TFalke55 :race director requires an admin-password to get it running. So if you want to run it, you have the admin-password, and when you have the admin password it shouldn't be the problem to do such things. If it wouldn't require an admin password, everyone could give redflags or cautions as he wants to.

If I understood it correctly, it requires that "$ovalAdmin", not admin password. So anyone can use it if he knows the proper command for it, right?
It requires an admin pass to RUN it, because the config file requires and admin pass. If it is already running, then anyone can USE it if they type $OvalAdmin
Quote from JO53PHS :It requires an admin pass to RUN it, because the config file requires and admin pass. If it is already running, then anyone can USE it if they type $OvalAdmin

Ya, and this what I meant. If I would like marshals to use race director, but not anything else, I would give hime the "$ovalAdmin", but not the admin-password. That's why it would be better to have automatic restart and lap-reduction.
Quote from Gekkibi :Ya, and this what I meant. If I would like marshals to use race director, but not anything else, I would give hime the "$ovalAdmin", but not the admin-password. That's why it would be better to have automatic restart and lap-reduction.

no, in order to use the command that you configured, the person who wants to use has to be an admin of the server, otherwise they will not see anything. just as he said above, it's a security thing. otherwise, anybody would be spamming the server with button clicks and all.

also, a Red Flag normally is to halt the race to speed up a cleanup after a wreck, and thus would not restart a race, so that's why it's just showing a red flag. you could also use the red flag for after a race to stop people driving around the track and get them into the pitlane or something.
Quote from burnsy1882 :no, in order to use the command that you configured, the person who wants to use has to be an admin of the server, otherwise they will not see anything. just as he said above, it's a security thing. otherwise, anybody would be spamming the server with button clicks and all.

also, a Red Flag normally is to halt the race to speed up a cleanup after a wreck, and thus would not restart a race, so that's why it's just showing a red flag. you could also use the red flag for after a race to stop people driving around the track and get them into the pitlane or something.

Thanks for clearing that out.

LFS Server Control - Race Director
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG