The online racing simulator
LX6 One-lap Head to Head Competition
(47 posts, started )
Just a reminder to everyone in the event: Race is Saturday so I hope you are getting your gear shined and ready because you WILL be seeing some great Head To Head Racing...
Our server "[SR]LX Fun" is online with AS1r since the event announcement.

And you can find me or Blackbird usually at [SR]Team Test - where we usually practice.
If the [SR]Team Test server has a password, the password will be: d4c

If I am testing private stuff the password will be different although the server should remain open for then next few days...
#30 - troy
i know i'm a bit late to sign up, but just had a quick go on that testing server and it turned out to be fun. so, i'm in if i can
We will be accepting sign-ups up until the event starts, so if you wanna join please sign up! Also if you know of people that might want to join please tell them because a 32 racer event would be very nice...

This event will most likely be filmed, and more Head-to-Head events will follow if the first is successful...
k im in
LFS Name - aLpine
LFS license - alpine159
HMm I can probably be there but im never 100% sure. I'll still sign up however

LFS license : evilpimp
Racername : MistaTea

See ya tomorow and hope its not too late to register
i would like to join in but my lag is not so good and with 32 cars I would have no chance off the start line
Event server is running: [SR]Event

Anyone is able to join, although sign up on the forum as well since the server will be locked at the start of the event, and only those that have PM'ed de Souza or signed up here will know the password...

Practice Starts (now)
Qualifying for Competition Starts: 19:00utc

Hope some people come!
Quote from ben_kennedy :i would like to join in but my lag is not so good and with 32 cars I would have no chance off the start line

It's just 2 cars on track, so I don't think anyone will have any problem.
#37 - troy
Thanks Troy, some great racings today.

We're working on the final results now.
I would like to thank all the readiness and organization of all member of this event.. I want to congrat the pilots of SR, they besides great pilots and they are very funny!

I has not time for begin my race, only qualified, but you know how mothers are .. When they want, does not stop!

After all .. Soon after that I had a commitment .. Less bad.

Thanks to all, especially to DeSouza and Blackbird.

PS: My english suck!!!!!!!!!
Well the racing was great, everyone was cooperative for the most part and I think we all had a good time. 16 racers showed up for qualifying, 15 qualified and started racing, aLpine159 suffered a disconnect after qualifying and hugoluis also suffered a disconnect. This left three racers in round one to take their a lonely trip around the track... Coming out of round one we had seen some decent races, as well as a MistaTea getting a 1sec penalty for talking. It was not much text, and was near the end of the race but rules are rules... This penalty seemed to want to cause a lot of controversy as the race between MistaTea and Niko ended in a TIE once the penalty was added... Thats right... So we did a rerun of the race, where MistaTea and Niko were involved in a slight racing / lag incident where MistaTea spun out. Niko ended the race with a twist that has added a rule to these events: No unsportsmanlike conduct near the race finish, its rude to the other player, and doesn't make yourself look so good on video.

The remaining races went smoothly with no disconnects and in the Finals the two competitors raced each other three times with the winner being the person who won two of the three races. The race proved to be very close and both DaveWS and Troy had a very good battle on all three of the final races... In the end DaveWS won two of the three races, although to be fair troy would have won by 0.05 if the overall times were added up for the final three races. Close...

The results are attached. When the video is done I will post links...
Attached images
H2H-LX6-AS1R-Qualify.jpg
H2H-LX6-AS1R-Results.jpg
-
(Simah) DELETED by Simah
Heh was kool for a first event The training was awesome I got to learn how to control that tricky LX6 a bit more :P good experience.

Definitly joining if theres another event like this.

My race was kinda weird :S wouldve passed if it wasnt for a smiley I put =/. And then there was very light contact with niko in the re race but lag made it go bad :S

Fun however hope to see you guys in other events!
Quote from evilpimp :My race was kinda weird :S wouldve passed if it wasnt for a smiley I put =/. And then there was very light contact with niko in the re race but lag made it go bad :S

You distracted me! I was under pressure! I WAS AGAINST THE GUY WITH THE WORLD FRICKIN' RECORD!
Sorry i couldn't be there my computer broke down a day before sorry all
For everyone that was in the previous competition I am holding another on next Saturday based off the same combo. This way your practice is still useful, and its a test competition. Meaning I want to test some of my new ideas before making a league. I had a lot of responses that seemed to want a league and I will run one if it seems that popular. The tracks and cars in the league will vary widely if there is a league but for now I am running a test competition next week. I do need 16 people again so I hope you sign up. The RAC and FZ5 may or may NOT be in the competition, the LX6 WILL be no matter what. If the other cars are not "fair" either advantages or disadvantages, then they will be removed because I don't want to add restrictions with only a week of testing...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=36378
Quote from Dalek0220 :You distracted me! I was under pressure! I WAS AGAINST THE GUY WITH THE WORLD FRICKIN' RECORD!

Heh sry? :S

I put the smiley when he passed u and u seemed to have lost control.

Sorry!!! :S
Its over, and no matter what happened with that smiley its all settled because it cost evilpimp / mistatea his race as well... Next competition will have that same rule so there will be no talking from the race countdown all the way until the race is finished... (Both racers finish, or 3 seconds after the first finished if there was a rollover etc...)... Rules are in the new post and a link in my signature for those that don't know!
Can I get a mod to move this and the other Head-to-Head threads into the Head-to-Head Racing Series sub-topic? Thanks!

LX6 One-lap Head to Head Competition
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG