The online racing simulator
REQ: RaceControl Message Manager
After posting the following in another thread in the Unnofficial Addons section of the forum, several programmers/developers expressed interest in such a project, and so, posting here as advised

Quote :

RaceMSG
Proof of Concept

-----------------

An insim applications to control the display and management of Race Control Messages (RCM's) within LiveForSpeed.
This would be used mainly by Event Managers and Race Directors to make the RCM Process easier.
Currently to display an RCM and remove it, the Race Director has to type the following:

/rcm THEYRE MESSAGE
/rcm_all - to display the message to all drivers
/rcc_all - to remove the message from all drivers

To do that while managing an event is hard work, considering the pace at which things develop within and LFS Race.

I propose an InSim Application to do the majority of the hard work for you, it would feature the following:

Features:

Button - "New RCM" - Brings up a text box in which the user types their message
Button - "Display RCM to All" - Displays the RCM to all Drivers in the server
Button - "Clear RCM to All" - Clears the RCM to all Drivers in the server
Button - "Display RCM to Username" - Brings up a list of users on the server, click the name of the driver to send RCM to
Button - "Clear RCM to username" - Brings up a list of users who the message is displayed to, click to clear the RCM
Button - "Save RCM" - A button which saves the RCM to a database

Extra's on a 2nd page: Saved RCM's

A list drawn from a saved file (text is fine), which are passed used RCM's. Each has two buttons next to it:

Button - "RCM All" - Sends the displayed message to all drivers
Button - "RCM Driver" - Display's a list of users to choose whom to send RCM to

Also needed on this page would be:

Button - "Clear RCM to All" - Clears the RCM to all Drivers in the server
Button - "Clear RCM to username" - Brings up a list of users who the message is displayed to, click to clear the RCM

------------------

Some initial ideas, and of course, would be totally open to other suggestions etc.

I am not a programmer, there are obviously some extreemly talented people here, and everyone else taps into that, so hey, why not. Posting this up cannot do much harm.

Any interest ?

Thank you.
*starts coding*
I know mcgas has been working on this, but I've been working on it too. It covers a few areas I've been interested in recently, mainly adding InSim buttons to my InSim library, and also having admin commands as onscreen buttons. It's about 80% complete at the moment and it seems to work well, although it still needs some testing.

The only real change I've made to the design doc is the with the Save RCM functionality. My version has two buttons, Save RCM and Load RCM. Save RCM saves whatever is the currently set message to file. Load RCM gives a list of all the saved messages in the file, selecting one then sets that as the main RCM message for the program. It's not a big change, and I can do it your way if you like, but it made more sense to me in terms of the design of the UI, and was also easier to code.

Anyway, I'm not sure it will be finished today, but it's coming along fairly well. Here is a screenshot...
Attached images
RcmManager.jpg
Wow

Glad that this has been picked up on as something which might be useful
DarkTimes is acutally more experinced then me, I think it would make sence to just let him do it. On the other hand i had fun making the little bit i done already. Anyway, DarkTimes - I think you should add an admin option like i have in my LFS Admin and Race Rotator program. It makes life a little easier, and is a handy extra option.
Quote from mcgas001 :Anyway, DarkTimes - I think you should add an admin option like i have in my LFS Admin and Race Rotator program. It makes life a little easier, and is a handy extra option.

You'll need to enlighten me, what does the admin option do?
Quote from DarkTimes :You'll need to enlighten me, what does the admin option do?

Gives people the ability to use certain commands based on if they are in a setup file under admins. Ive attached my setup file so you can see what i mean by the file.
Attached files
Setup.txt - 794 B - 306 views
Sean wanna hop on MSN?
#9 - Crady
Hi...

I just want to know how the standings are?

I would like to use such a program too...
VARY Nice idea can you please post it it would be amazing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG