The online racing simulator
The ture in Lhasa
(60 posts, started )
I meant the part where all wars and fighting were stopped for the Olympic games.
Quote from JJ72 :That's why it shouldn't be in my opinion........okay unevitably we all know it will most likely be political no matter how you avoid it, just like valentine's day will always be a consumerist and misogynist bullcrap, but as long as someone stands for correctness and believes in the original intention of the game, it should at least be politically free as a ideal.

What do you think of Taiwan? As far as Tibet goes, I don't really have an opinion about that, except that this wasn't just some fluke series of demonstrations, this was planned and timed to put China on the spot.

@ Scania....
China needs to hire a glitzy PR firm from Hollyweird to put a spin on things. Those guys are great! If hired to work their "magic", The Dali Lama will be exposed for having WMDs!!

Like what the dali lama has done, thanks to his PR network, we all are convinced that they are just an oppressed bunch of pacifists instead of a dangerous religious order wanting to impose a backward thinking theocratic regime on a group of people.

And when will people realize that once you've replaced one group of criminals controlling a region with a "new" government, all you've done is ...well replaced criminals.

And that's what Tibet really needs. Instead of hiding behind some dude in a robe from mindless goof balls from the Chinese Government, they need to realize they have about a billion potential customers in the form of heroin addicts. It would be so easy that way. Instead of throwing rocks at some soldier, hook him up with a skank and get him strung out on dope. Hell, if done right, the soldier would sell his AK for more - and maybe turn his friends on too.

LOL what the Chinese ought to do is bring in Shao-lin monks and let tham go at it with the Lama monks and make the worlds biggest martial arts movie. No one would care for the olympics - we'd all want live coverage of the action. and lets face it, the olympics are boring - let's see some people getting down with jet-li movesThumbs up

"the Dali lama doesn't want full independence from China" LOL of course not! he wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants control over the area, yet still have Chinese paying the bills.

And you know the real reason most people are upset about all this is because they can't blame George Bush for it.
So there's a lack of accuracy in journalism that the Chinese media are ready to point out. There's a way to improve MASSIVELY accuracy, Scania: let the journalists in Tibet instead of expelling them. Hell, even in Iraq they can do their job... why not in China, or Tibet?
Quote from Racer Y :@ Scania....
And that's what Tibet really needs. Instead of hiding behind some dude in a robe from mindless goof balls from the Chinese Government, they need to realize they have about a billion potential customers in the form of heroin addicts.

Racer Y, please give up with the dope, it hurts you. Tibet isn't a place renowned for heroin production. I'll refrain from commenting the rest to avoid wasting space.
Quote from JJ72 :valentine's day will always be a consumerist and misogynist bullcrap

What is "misogynist" about Valentine's Day?
And so, when will China let journalists in Tibet instead of expelling them? Is this question too hard to answer?
Quote from Albieg :And so, when will China let journalists in Tibet instead of expelling them? Is this question too hard to answer?

maybe when the journalists don't lie.
but, the Chinese government is very close-handed.
the local government was afraid that the central government will blamed them, so they don't want to do too many thing.
Quote from scania :maybe when the journalists don't lie.
but, the Chinese government is very close-handed.
the local government was afraid that the central government will blamed them, so they don't want to do too many thing.

So you know what they want you to know. It sounds like censorship, it is censorship. Sorry, but there's no way I could believe in your (pathetic, since you have NO source except propaganda) ideas. I'll stick to the imprecisions (and subsequent corrections) of occidental journalists and not to the total lack of news imposed by an oppressive regime that is too coward to let journalists in to have fresh footage.
Quote from scania :maybe when the journalists don't lie.

Of course, it's the entire rest of the world's fault... knew it couldn't be down to China...
#40 - JJ72
The government just made some pre-planned trips for selected journalists, interviewing selected individuals, typical rehearsed fake journalism.
The only non-sanitised piece of news was that the monks shouting "Tibet isn't free" to the journalists will not be punished.
Why should have they been punished: speaking to the journalists? Having a different opinion? What kind of Countries issue such public statements?
Quote from Albieg :The only non-sanitised piece of news was that the monks shouting "Tibet isn't free" to the journalists will not be punished.
Why should have they been punished: speaking to the journalists? Having a different opinion? What kind of Countries issue such public statements?

ya, isn't free
isn't free to kill, isn't free to rob, isn't free to arson, they are just free to cry with no tear.
Quote from scania :*picture*

What on Earth is that supposed to prove? So they cropped a picture, in a way that isn't entirely compromising to the picture's authenticity and meaning. What's the difference between showing an injured monk, and an injured monk who's being helped by other monks.

Now, I could understand your fuss if they'd cropped some Chinese-state ambulance/police staff out of the picture - but you're just spouting propaganda-laden irrelevance now.

Edit: Oh, and I wasn't really that surprised to notice that Anti-CNN.com is a Chinese website...
he lost all credibility anyway when he used the german "bild" as an example of bad journalism in the west
zomg the bild and the sun arent proper newspapers...
#47 - JJ72
Someone needs get his head out of his arse.
Quote from scania :

It's not really clear what they are up to in that image, but all I can say is ... Go for it buddhist types!! Rock that ****ing boat!!
#50 - JJ72
That's why this can be hard to define, from a neutral viewpoint having some culture and traditional overwhelmed by progress does not justify violence, as it happens everyday in a lot of places. But if you are in one or their shoes, seeing your heritage and your religion helplessly vanishing and you can do nothing to save it, it really calls for an revolution. Of course one can always argue why can't changes be made with peace in mind, however those who comments (like all of us here) are very likely those who had never make any difference or contributed in anyway.

The ture in Lhasa
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG