The online racing simulator
F****** Woodpecker Is Destroying My Car
(41 posts, started )
Quote from Technique :HERE'S THE EVIDENCE. You can clearly see two dings on my fender caused by this jerk.

Thats a robin not a woodpecker =)

I don't know what to say (Shoot the bloody bird and bury it in the backyard or something) I don't know what else you could do other than not polishing your car, the birds are attracted to their reflection and think it's a competitor so tries to peck at it. I have seen birds kill themselves trying to peck at their reflection. So if you can get the car in full shade to cut down the reflection that should help.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Thats a robin not a woodpecker

ah, thanks. Perhaps they aren't protected birds then! We do in fact have woodpeckers as well - they have a very odd shaped red head, but I have not seen them on my car. I thought this guy was just another type of woodpecker since all he does is go crazy pecking really fast.
Encourage your next door neighbour to buy a car that the woodpecker prefers (he may have to test drive several to find one), and hope the 'pecker moves across to it.
Quote from Technique :ah, thanks. Perhaps they aren't protected birds then! We do in fact have woodpeckers as well - they have a very odd shaped red head, but I have not seen them on my car. I thought this guy was just another type of woodpecker since all he does is go crazy pecking really fast.

I don't know about NY but Wisconsin they are protected birds too, you probably have both birds attacking your car =) Just let it get dirty and your pecking problem will go away
Ever read To Kill a Mockingbird? Neither have I, but I think the moral of the story is, if some bird is scratching your motor, shoot it.
An Idea!

I thought you might try something like a stuffed falcon. Google about scaring birds. I found this:

http://www.whirlybirdrepeller.com/

I'm sure you can find something scarier. I hope you don't have to resort to a scarecrow.
RX8 = birds car? Heres the proof.
#37 - JTbo
Get good net, pecking safe version of course, use it to bird and now you have bird in a net, pickup net and put it in foundry on your back yard, heat foundry well, 30mins should do it if you are using oil, enjoy sounds of problems converting to fine ashes.

If you like to get personal, instead of foundry use normal fireplace, put bird to stick (insert stick into bird from behind), wait until you have nice glowing fire and start frying bird slowly.

Naturally in both cases, remember not to kill bird, enjoyment comes from bird making hopeless attempts of escape from slow painful death.

Oh yes, I have got few similar dent's to passenger side door, but I think it is ape with very little hair that I have to cook from that.
Dam im looking to buy an rx8 but looking at what it attracts i might reconsider . as for the woodpecker leave a bit of wood out side or somin i dunno , im not a woodpecker person lol
Be careful with woodpeckers. You never know how much damage they can cause ....linkie

F****** Woodpecker Is Destroying My Car
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG