The online racing simulator
Quote from Woz :But anyway. What was the point you were trying to make with that quote above?

Answer: Someone are proud of insignificant things like how long have they done something (Hobbies, for example).

Solution: I apperciate intelligence over recklessness, so lets have a competition: IQ-test.
Quote from Woz :But anyway. What was the point you were trying to make with that quote above?

Sorry mate, I guess lfsforum doesn't list all the posts from the beginning then. I don't recall seeing your posts when I was active here tho. Never really posted much at RSC until lfsf moved to it's own server, RSC was far too anti-LFS back in 2002/2003.

Anyway, the point I tried to make. If you knew me from my movies that I used to post here in the old days, you'd know that I can handle driving a car and wouldn't be asking for a realistic steering lock "to make it easier", like I presumed you hinted in your previous post. Simple as that, no offence meant.

PS. You can catch up to my movies here and here.
#503 - Woz
Quote from Matrixi :Sorry mate, I guess lfsforum doesn't list all the posts from the beginning then. I don't recall seeing your posts when I was active here tho. Never really posted much at RSC until lfsf moved to it's own server, RSC was far too anti-LFS back in 2002/2003.

Anyway, the point I tried to make. If you knew me from my movies that I used to post here in the old days, you'd know that I can handle driving a car and wouldn't be asking for a realistic steering lock "to make it easier", like I presumed you hinted in your previous post. Simple as that, no offence meant.

PS. You can catch up to my movies here and here.

I took a break for a while when I moved from UK to NZ and had to wait to get life sorted here before LFS Look like it only shows the last 500 posts in the search

I am one of the non-drifters that understands the need for more lock for drifting. That is why I raised the poll about a drift oriented car a while back that would allow the more "extreme" settings required by drifters.

The people that spout the old "If you can't drift with the current lock..." don't understand.

I would prefer that the drift related setup options are kept for certain cars though, not global. I has taken so long to balance the current cars that I would not like to see that messed up with exploits etc. Also for the reason of stopping people catching mistakes that given race type locks would not be caught.

Also I am sure the drift community would prefer an FR car with the power of the FZ5 than an XRT with 45 lock
it is not possible to get more than 36 on XRT.
Quote from oddkirka :it is not possible to get more than 36 on XRT.

Good point. (Now the fights starts again)
:munching_
Fish Finger Sandwich!

Could some mod lock this thread already? Everything that is relevant has been said atleast a couple of times.

Please devs! Make a drift oriented car for the drifting crowd. It would bring an end to all these stupid threads. Pretty please.

If that's not possible then change the bleeding lock. But please leave the XRT alone as I like it the way it is.

But just in case I'm going to start learning to drive the RB4. Anybody got a good general purpose set for it?
Quote from March Hare :Please devs! Make a drift oriented car for the drifting crowd. It would bring an end to all these stupid threads. Pretty please.

Translation: "Make us (the drifters) a drift oriented car, or we (the drifters) keep making these stupid threads!!"
Quote from Renku :Translation: "Make us (the drifters) a drift oriented car, or we (the drifters) keep making these stupid threads!!"

Are you saying that March Hare is a drifter? Oh boy. Put your flamesuit on.

+1 for locking this thread before it starts all over again.
if it was possible to have more than 36 then the link was writed here^^

all your'e say is bullshit
:hbomb:
Quote from oddkirka :if it was possible to have more than 36 then the link was writed here^^

all your'e say is bullshit

Have you tought this is an "improvement suggestion" because this is in "improvement suggestions" subforum?

All we say are opinions (And some of them are bullshit, imho).
Quote from Renku :Translation: "Make us (the drifters) a drift oriented car, or we (the drifters) keep making these stupid threads!!"

LOL!
Have you red any other posts by me than the last one?

For the record. I am an anti-drift person. But I admit that there is a huge drifting community so maybe it would be easier for everybody if the devs made a drift car.

I'm laughin too much to flame you properly.
Quote from March Hare :LOL!
Have you red any other posts by me than the last one?

For the record. I am an anti-drift person. But I admit that there is a huge drifting community so maybe it would be easier for everybody if the devs made a drift car.

I'm laughin too much to flame you properly.

When you quit laughing, you can update something more hilarious to your signature..?
Sorry for the bump, I didn't want to create a new thread just for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2fJzioEP44

7th second. Good camera angle for display of mad steering lock. Certainly more than a london cab steering lock, and certainly more realistic than gear ratios adjustable by 0.001.
Quote from kamkorPL :Sorry for the bump, I didn't want to create a new thread just for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2fJzioEP44

7th second. Good camera angle for display of mad steering lock. Certainly more than a london cab steering lock, and certainly more realistic than gear ratios adjustable by 0.001.

Is that a stock road car, though? its like your trying to argue that the stock XRT needs adjustable downforce, just because the XRR has adjustable downforce? Its the same principle, unless I completely have misunderstood what your trying to say.
I'm going to write it for the 100th time just for you.

We don't drive stock xrts.

We have xrts with extreme suspension mods. Springs, dampers, rollbars, toe, camber, you name it. We can put extreme brakes in etc.

We can even adjust gear ratios by 0.001.

So there's no reason to have back the settings for - steering lock, tracking and caster.

And ofcourse it would be a real pity if all setup options dissapeared from xrt, fz5, fxo etc. Because then street cars would become utterly boring to drive and would handle like shit.

It's just - we can do extreme race setup for xrt. Why not let us do drift setup too. Why not also implement feature that forces people to race on stock setup.

And increasing steering lock to 45 degreese isn't extreme at all. It's an easy and most of all cheaper mod than buying adjustable suspension or getting super strong brakes. Having a steering lock like on that vid would be extreme. But so are other xrt setup options..

So to sum it up. You are a real hypocrite, unless you always drive lfs cars with stock "hard" setup.
i do have to ask though does lfs even have a car that has enough power to make drifting with this kind of steering angle possible? (without silly tyre choices like hybrids)
Yes.

Basically it will allow much more agressive entries and drift transitions.

And ofcourse it will be most appreciated by people drifting with 900 degrees steering wheel.
Even though I used to be a long time drifter I still don't think that more lock is needed. Sure, it would be better for drifters, but thats it really. In a racing situation other than catching a slide you won't need more than the lock we already have - and I think if you need more lock than we already have to catch slides when racing your not doing it right.

Would you not rather Scawen concentrated his time more on fixing the big issues with the game, such as tyre heat, the bouncy red barriers and buggy walls all over every track. And you should know by now that simply changing some values isn't Scawen's way of doing things, even though there are a lot of bugs that could be fixed simply and quickly he just doesn't really get round to it.
Changing the max lock of a car is literally a 5 minute job - theres nothing else he'd need to adjust at all...

I think it's more a case of the fact he won't do it - in the past he said he'd change it if someone showed huge amount of lock that comparable cars used AS STANDARD.

Yes, 0.001 gear adjustment isn't realistic - but i'd expect that to go rather than 45° of lock to come...
yer what he said :P

na if the road cars are ment to be road cars why not limit setups like road cars???

ie only allow things that can be altered with out replacing parts?
tyre pressure??

if they are going to be trackday cars why not make them adjustable like track day cars?

ie only allow things that can be altered with out replacing major parts?
tyres rims tyre pressure boost steering lock camber lsd tenssion? use ur imagination
Quote from kamkorPL :And ofcourse it would be a real pity if all setup options dissapeared from xrt, fz5, fxo etc. Because then street cars would become utterly boring to drive and would handle like shit.

OT: True, they would handle like shit, but IMO they would be more fun to race than now, as the current setup possibilities combined to the minor physic flaws make unrealistic driving a necessity if you want to keep up with the others.
Sure. Allow only tire pressures change in street cars. Make lfs even more boring. Limit the possibilites of having fun in lfs.

Lose the drift fanbase that gives quite a bit of $$$.

Because it's so much better to limit possibilites than to add new.

Because it's just so wrong to add more setup options (like steering lock, tracking, caster etc) and add an option to force stock setup for those who want to do "track days" in lfs, insteed of in real life.

p.s.: Jakg, I guess you're right. But well, that's devs lose. They achieved something very hard to achieve, realistic oversteer physics. It's their choice to put it down to waste.

Drift Max. Lock
(624 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG