The online racing simulator
"Did not retrieve guest info" Error
(7 posts, started )
Hello fellow drivers,

I dont realy want to act stupid or something but well heres the deal,everyone whos joining my server gets this "Did not retrieve guest info" while all ports are open (Godbless Upnp ) , any ideas? Ive searched around and got answers like "Its your firewall" but well if its the firewall it wouldnt even connect, rite?

Thanks in advance,

Niin aka Fatalion
It's "Did not recieve guest info" and I think you might need to port foward the LFS server? I'm not that good at this kinda stuff.
Quote:

"while all ports are open"

Thanks for correcting me.
Quote from Fatalion :"while all ports are open"

Either your ISP isn't providing you with a publically route-able IP somewhere on your systems, the ports aren't correctly open, or you've misconfigured the dedi and managed to ignore any errors it gives out, you've not actually got a properly working network connection, or whoever is trying to connect to your server is having problems.

Since very, very few people do actually have ISPs who dont give public IPs, it means that it's more likely to be improperly forwarded ports, or some firewall software. Can you double check any forwarding, thank you. Do not forget that both TCP and UDP, on the same port as you have configured in the server, must be forwarded to the correct internal IP.

If you're confident that it's setup correctly let us know the name of the server and we'll see if we can connect it to.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Either your ISP isn't providing you with a publically route-able IP somewhere on your systems, the ports aren't correctly open, or you've misconfigured the dedi and managed to ignore any errors it gives out, you've not actually got a properly working network connection, or whoever is trying to connect to your server is having problems.

Since very, very few people do actually have ISPs who dont give public IPs, it means that it's more likely to be improperly forwarded ports, or some firewall software. Can you double check any forwarding, thank you. Do not forget that both TCP and UDP, on the same port as you have configured in the server, must be forwarded to the correct internal IP.

If you're confident that it's setup correctly let us know the name of the server and we'll see if we can connect it to.

Im pleased too hear from you, my ISP gives a Static IP which means i can serve a SMTP , HTTP or FTP server. Is this different from a LFS server? Both UDP and TSP are open, on 63392 and 29339 and btw its Upnp. If you want too test it, its name is "ProStreet Beta" its not up all the time, but if you want too test it contact me on xfire ( xname= Fatalion )

Thanks in advance.
Quote from Fatalion :Both UDP and TSP are open, on 63392 and 29339 and btw its Upnp.

It's only TCP and UDP on port 63392 that needs to be fowarded into your network (assuming that your server is using that port in the config). The TCP 29339 was a fix for very old home routers, which isn't needed these days.

Are you using upnp to configure it (worst idea in the world imho)?

Quote from Fatalion :its name is "ProStreet Beta" its not up all the time, but if you want too test it contact me on xfire ( xname= Fatalion )

I'm afraid I don't use xfire. However, according to the stats thingy database it's never been registered with the master server. This either means you've got it setup as a hidden or LAN game, or you're running it in DEMO mode?
Quote from the_angry_angel :It's only TCP and UDP on port 63392 that needs to be fowarded into your network (assuming that your server is using that port in the config). The TCP 29339 was a fix for very old home routers, which isn't needed these days.

Are you using upnp to configure it (worst idea in the world imho)?

I'm afraid I don't use xfire. However, according to the stats thingy database it's never been registered with the master server. This either means you've got it setup as a hidden or LAN game, or you're running it in DEMO mode?

Yes im configuring it with the help of a tutorial from portforward.com ( Just got my new router ) and i guess i do it with Upnp cuz the tut says so :P And yes its registered in DEMO

Maybe you want to know my router? Thomson Speedtouch 780

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG