The online racing simulator
Round 1 Pre race discussion
Hi

Anyone put some laps already? I did, but a long ago - sounds like a really nice combo... Duck's WR is 41.27, so the 1-lap times should be around 47-50s? Maybe less for the aliens

What do you think?
i dont, i think ill mess up the starts and the 90° corners. Ill say goodbye after 1st race.
Well I just put in a few laps with agent_k, blas89 and a few other drivers over on the DashForCash system which is locked on the combo for now, to allow people to practice... My best was low 46s and agent_k had a really low 45... I think the high 44s are possible in the 1 lap race so lets see what other aliens can do.

This event WILL prove to be a good one as Blas and I already had a tie and there have been some amazing battles. There isn't much room for passing unless the front driver makes an error so I think the Pass-to-Win won't be as easy. I am getting excited and I hope to hear about people practicing for these events as it will make the events better in the long run.
I have now done a few high 45s and my best is currently 45.64. This track has some bumps that can really upset the car so I think it will be interesting what happens to people under pressure. I hope you guys are practicing, it will prove to be a good event!
Just wanted to confirm this with the admins. 1900 GMT converts to 2 PM in eastern standard time?

Also could we have a suggestions sub-board?
Actually it will be at 3:00pm Eastern. I am glad you asked because I had been meaning to post that at some point. Will add this information elsewhere so people can easily find it!
I think a public discussion is needed for the qualifying session. Typically in the past I have enjoyed letting everyone out on the track for a 10 minute session, however South City Sprint 2 (SO3) is a short track, and putting 16 to 20 people on that track at the same time will not allow for many people to put in a solid/clean lap.

I am proposing to allow 1/2 of the field to join for the first 10 minutes and then the other 1/2 to join for the other 10 minutes. This will be based off the honor system more than anything although there will be at least 1 admin watching over who joins the track during each session, and a 10 second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty will be added to the offenders qualifying time...

EDIT: This is only for this track, or possibly very short tracks in the series.

Any other ideas how to handle the qualifying or thoughts on this idea?
Maybe, one lap per driver! to make it exiting and with a lot of pressure
One lap per driver is nice, but I think it will take longer... Maybe the better solution is split the grid, of course if the drivers help.

To be honest I don't think it will be that bad with full grid. In 10 minutes you can do 10 laps, so even if someone is screwing things there is plenty of time. And if someone is really screwing things, we can always take him out of the server.
I don't want to do each driver gets a lap because it will take longer then 20 minutes by the time its actually done, and also because pole qualifying spot gets a point for qualifying fist and the best single lap of the event gets a point. I don't want the best qualifying lap to have a single lap restriction because of the points... Splitting the grid seems like the way to go.
nice combo at this race, i practiced a bit and i made some good 1st split, but then i slowd done so i wont ruin it..but i ruined the time too so 45.xx my pb so far
Hows 45.49?
Its SO3 right... Cuz right now I just started practicing and my first lap was a 45 and second a 44. Current PB after 3 laps is 44.19...

Am I at the right place???

After an other 2 laps - 43.57...

NVM forgot about the standing start heh XD Im still in the 45s xD
Yea haha MistaTea, great stuff...

I wanted to announce that I have the day off work tomorrow so I will be running the Head-to-Head Automation System tomorrow for most of the day. It is still slightly in development but I would like about 8 people so I can really test out the system and make sure there are no issues... The disqualifying/disconnection testing is what I need the most help with as it runs through the races and makes the correct matches for as many other situations as I could think of... (From testing last night).

Please show up around 7pm UCT (2pm EST) although testing / practice will be going on all day. The server will be announced here early tomorrow morning when I rename it and set it up... Thanks!
I get back from school at around 4:30 PM. I'll definetly show up around that time.
Testing open...

Server: [SR]HeadToHead
Pass: h2h

I am going to start running "mini competitions" as soon as 4 people get here. The system is based on powers of two so I will run 8 player mini competitions when enough people come... This is for testing so I will ask you to talk to get penalties, and I may give you penalties for no reason just to TEST the system. It should work perfectly but I don't want any surprises tomorrow. Thanks all and come practice : )
Yes Niko, that is where most are.
I got a 44.95 for a PB standing start WOOT!
I have 45.2x I belive. Still slow.
Im gaving the ackward feeling im slow
Personal bests have nothing to do with how well someone is going to do in a competition, ESPECIALLY this competition. Its all about consistency in long races, and handling the high pressure situations when you have a Pass-to-Win staring at you from behind in the mirrors.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG