The online racing simulator
Quick Question
(10 posts, started )
Quick Question
Just bought 4gb ram but....

Since I dont have 64bit OS it only supports up to 3gb.

So my question is.

What is faster 2GB on dual channel or 3gb single channel?

Thanks... I'm in a hurry
I'd say 2GB dual channel, since more RAM doesn't make anything faster if the extra RAM isn't actually used by the application.
Thanks!

can be locked now.. No need for spam's...
Dual channel is always faster than single, but what you could do for the size is have one set dual and use one of the two remaining 1 gig stcks and pop it in and empty slot to have 3 gigs.
Just a general question here, but you can still install 4GB of memory in a 32-bit system, can't you? I mean, it won't all be recognized by Windows, but won't all 4GB physically be in dual-channel mode?
#6 - garph
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Just a general question here, but you can still install 4GB of memory in a 32-bit system, can't you? I mean, it won't all be recognized by Windows, but won't all 4GB physically be in dual-channel mode?

Yes you can install 4gb and yes I does run in dual mode, according to my bios, bootup screen and CPUID it does anyway.

XP it's self says I have 3.25gb.
#7 - Jakg
Depends what you do with your computer - for the stuff I used it for (General Vista use, Photoshop use, SupCom and LFS) the more RAM made it run a little better than the extra speed.
I actually wanted to buy the Geil 2gb...

But I've changed my mind in the shop and bought a 4gb. I will be using 2gb on dual channel and going to give the other 2gb to my cousin.

Anyway, thanks!

Edit : Don't understand why they sell 4gb in one package which most pc's cant even use them at all
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Don't understand why they sell 4gb in one package which most pc's cant even use them at all

Yeah, but a fair amount can!

Quick Question
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG