The online racing simulator
Mirrors
(16 posts, started )
Mirrors
It's just me, or the mirrors, all of them (the 3), shows the same thing?
Because some time ago i was racing and someone was with his car to my right side(i drive at the left), when i look to the right to give a look to the mirror, I wasn't able too see him!. He wasn't in a blindspot because i watched the replay later to confirm it.
So I suposse the actually the 3 mirrors show what is in the rear zone of the car, like a camera mounted on the rear bumper O.O rather than reflecting and show what they supossed to.

Edit: ohoh, I messed this one, i was first going to ask if is just myself or is real :P, AFTER that i was going to suggest a correction to this. Well, if is this really happening take it as a improvemente suggestion ^^U, to make the mirrors a bit more realistic on what they're showing... I can't even see my car on them.

tell me if I wrote something wrong, because i'm not too experimented on english I think
Quote from Patussay :It's just me, or the mirrors, all of them (the 3), shows the same thing?
Because some time ago i was racing and someone was with his car to my right side(i drive at the left), when i look to the right to give a look to the mirror, I wasn't able too see him!. He wasn't in a blindspot because i watched the replay later to confirm it.
So I suposse the actually the 3 mirrors show what is in the rear zone of the car, like a camera mounted on the rear bumper O.O rather than reflecting and show what they supossed to.

Edit: ohoh, I messed this one, i was first going to ask if is just myself or is real :P, AFTER that i was going to suggest a correction to this. Well, if is this really happening take it as a improvemente suggestion ^^U, to make the mirrors a bit more realistic on what they're showing... I can't even see my car on them.

tell me if I wrote something wrong, because i'm not too experimented on english I think

all 3 mirrors do show the same thing. i would like to be able to adjust the side mirrors, but apparently it would take a lot more cpu power.
+1

I wish we could see our own car in the mirrors. Been suggested before though.
Quote from UncleBenny :+1

I wish we could see our own car in the mirrors. Been suggested before though.

I don't really want that to happen. The mirrors need to work properly so we can race properly. They should help you. It's awkward enough that with a normal monitor and lowish fov (<80) the side mirrors are all but useless.
Quote from sinbad :I don't really want that to happen. The mirrors need to work properly so we can race properly. They should help you. It's awkward enough that with a normal monitor and lowish fov (<80) the side mirrors are all but useless.

I think it should at least be optional and people who don't like it can turn it off, just like there are "real" and "virtual" mirrors now. I know in Nascar 2003 you can see your own car in the rear view mirror and it really adds to immersion of the game.
i personally don't do mirrors, i just use a "look back" button
i've done the search before, and all i had was no sense and non-related topics... (searched by, mirror, mirrors, rearview mirrors, and basically everything i came with)
Anyway, to be able to see the car on the mirrors is not my point. I'm telling that they should work properly, not like monitors that show what's happening on a little camera on the rear bumper, they are like that right now...
And now i can't understand why after all those threads this wasn't been fixed yet!. OK, dont show the car, just put let the mirrors show what they are supossed to!.

The mirror on the side of the driver it's usefull, so on the central one, wich you can adjust to have better vision on it, and the other mirror is now usefull too since the side views (45º) stay just where you need it to look at it.
no need for mirrors, besides it takes up too much computing power.
just use a look function
Because that's what they do in real li... oh wait.
Quote from atlantian :no need for mirrors, besides it takes up too much computing power.
just use a look function

I didn't know that... next time I'll rip my mirrors of my car then.

Maybe I should take the tires and wheels, and engine off too I suppose since all they do is just cause a larger waste of computing power and just weigh a lot.
The first get to nowhere
The second get's into matters of racers getting out of their car, i dont think that's pretty relevant

But well, so if i understand, the problem with the 3 mirrors showing different things is the performance of the game(?)... even if we dont put the car on it? :/

Even tho... I think this could be an option, so the people with low-end computers won't have any trouble, and the people who can afford the 3 mirrors working independantly(i think it won't be my case) can use it, and have proper mirrors =/... i mean, at least there should be an option for this, or the plans are to keep the mirrors unrealistic until...mmm sometime
I would love to see adjustable mirrors in car. I don't see the need to show the outside of the car in side mirrors though. And no need for real time angles like from moving you head side to side in the cockpit using whatever method you can do that with. This would be for better execution of lane changes, side by side corning or anything else that can relate. Not really a realism feature.

I my real life vehicle, which is a Chevy Tahoe btw, i have my mirrors set so that when a vehicle behind me moves from center to a side or side to the center it's image is passed to the next mirror. So in other words my mirrors never show the car twice. It like a panoramic WS in my mirrors. So when a car overtakes mine, I can see the car beside me (in my mirror) as it moves around my car all the way until i can see the front of it out my window on the corresponding side of the car. At that point I can still see the tail end of the car in my mirror as well. This way i rarely have to look over my shoulder to change lanes, but do anyways out of good habit.

This would greatly enhance the drive ability of the the cars in lfs during racing. Surely with the graphics chips and CPUs available from the past 2 years should be able to handle the performance hit.

Thats my 2 cents.
AFAIK, it's illegal to have your mirrors improperly set up in Ireland. The official guideline is something like "Your car should occupy 5% of the mirror" or something...if you can't see your own car, you don't know where someone is in relation to you.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :AFAIK, it's illegal to have your mirrors improperly set up in Ireland. The official guideline is something like "Your car should occupy 5% of the mirror" or something...if you can't see your own car, you don't know where someone is in relation to you.

Dang. Never heard that before. The moment I set my mirrors up the way I described I knew exactly where the other cars were. The problem, the way I see it, is that most people don't take the time to learn their road vehicles basic limitations. Whether that be traction, turn radius or even mirrors. Most get in, drive and leave the rest to god. Sometimes meeting him in the process.

Mirrors
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG