The online racing simulator
Forum: Terms of Use Announcement for LFS Hosts Subforum
The LFS hosts subforum is becoming overrun with Notices about member's servers which are up for their own advertisement. It was my understanding that this section of the LFS Forums was not for the personal advertisement of servers, but for the Advertisement (with permission) of GameServer Companies offering LFS Hosting.

This is not the first time myself or another has asked for a simple stickied thread, announcement or generally a more active moderation to take place here.

I fear if this is not taken into account, it will just end up as another General LFS forum, were threads are posted for most attention.

Perhaps another subforum for Personal Server Announcements, or for Server Help would help to bring the LFS Hosts section of the LFS Forums back to its original focus and target group.
The hosts subforum did have a notice in the description about not advertising. Since this was removed I've not touched any such threads in there. I've put the question to the other mods and the devs to see what the policy is
dunno why that description is gone - anyway, I'll add a new one.

Indeed the LFS Hosts section is for information exchange about hosts - how to administer, or talk about administration tools, or administration questions, or even host-specific techinical issues. But not host advertisements, which I think are more like clutter than actual info that people want to read.

I'll try to reflect that in the description.
Victor - I think you should reset that forum, If not clean it all up. 99.99% of posts are about new servers online..
I had a quick look through and binned a few threads but not that many. Unless Victor had already done a clean up...
Quote from Bob Smith :I had a quick look through and binned a few threads but not that many. Unless Victor had already done a clean up...

Uh, Maybe i read the rules wrong then
Thank you for listening

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG