The online racing simulator
Pitstop button
(6 posts, started )
Pitstop button
1st) i have searched and read the topic over all the things to change
2nd) i have a small idea that makes LFS makes better
Before u go to the pit u have to push a button and after a time a sound plays and a man says: your granted to come in the pits
and if they not hear the sound and the man says it and they still go in the pit they will not be able to pit so to get fuel and tire change..
because in real races they need to do that to ofcourse not a button but via radio they say that they gonna to pit..

anybody agree/disagree send a quickreply please!

I added a sound:
Attached files
Impactwr.mp3 - 29.2 KB - 109 views
Quote :because in real races they need to do that

Your experience being?

Sam
Quote from versusboy :
Before u go to the pit u have to push a button and after a time a sound plays and a man says: your granted to come in the pits
and if they not hear the sound and the man says it and they still go in the pit they will not be able to pit so to get fuel and tire change..

How can this be useful and for whom would it be useful?

If I want to go to the pits (or have to go) then I go to the pits.
As in real life

The pit crew can tell you, you have to come in in lap 20 but when you get a problem in lap 18, you'll have to come in earlier.

With your suggestion it "can" be like this.
Driver: "I'm running out of fuel I'm comming in"
or
Driver: "I have a problem with ... (whatever)"
then
Pit crew: "No your are not granted to come in"

That doesn't make any sense to me tbh.
Nobody ever asks for 'permission' to come into the pits. They either use the radio (if they even have one, and if it even works) to discuss what they're coming in for, or simply to tell the crew they are inbound.
-1 as a feature in LFS.

However, is this possible using insim? I doubt it (As it requires restriction of pit-stop).
#6 - DeMS

It might look like it happens like the OP described when you watch F1 or so (however it's deceiving because you don't hear all the radio conversation), but racing is filled with thousands of varieties, and more often than not you'll find yourself being your 'pit stop mechanic'.

Pitstop button
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG