The online racing simulator
Mapping
(12 posts, started )
Mapping
Hey Everyone,
I am interested in mapping levels for autocross based on my local autocross locations and setups. How do I go about this?

Cheers,

Andrew
No, I mean actually creating the environments for race tracks, etc.? Or is there no open source to do that?

Cheers,

Andrew
Nope.

Creating tracks/cars might be possible in the very distant future at some point, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I am only interested in creating quality tracks. Creating new cars just ends up being ridiculous like any other car mod. I would love to at least know what the designers use originally to create the environments. Is it 3dsmax? blendar?
They used their own proprietary modelling software that was developed in-house
I'm curious. I know you can hack games and create your own files and mods and stuff. How come nobody has been able to do so in LFS? I by no means WANT that to happen, but I am wondering how it is that it hasn't been done. Is it really that difficult? I would assume with enough time you could reverse-engineer that 'proprietary setup.' Is it really just TOO complicated? Or is it just that no one has actually taken the time to do it?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Or is it just that no one has actually taken the time to do it?

To my knowledge, no one has bothered. The issue would also be making the tracks available online, as in LFS a lot of the processing and validation is done client side.
well this guy has done it.
oh... well atleast i tried, but still thats kinda illegal isnt it?
I see that 3dsmax can be used but the individuals importing and reviewing the files got in a bit of heat over it with the LFS creators; like they would.

it just makes me wonder what else might be available in the engine seeing there are ramps available for the blackwood track.

Mapping
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG