The online racing simulator
Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
Quote from Dajmin :I keep hoping that the world is starting to go more realistic now with Forza 2's physics and stuff, but I think I might be asking a bit much.

What you'll get is even more semi-realistic arcade games with "simulator" sticker on it. Which sucks ass.

Quote from (-Mark-) :but then i saw the racing cars at Le sarthe which makes me a happy person :P

Where did you see that? Only some LMP looking car in night time. Which could be any track. Anyhow, this crap won't deserver La Sarthe
If this game's physics will be like the one in DIRT, I'm not going to buy the game...from codemasters....ever again... I swear...
i dont get excited about these games anymore, even though they look great graphically, i just assume that the gameplay and physics will suck, they hype it up each time how they've improved the physics to be more real but its always the same.
Quote from deggis :

Where did you see that? Only some LMP looking car in night time. Which could be any track. Anyhow, this crap won't deserver La Sarthe

I could be wrong but anyway, download the move from here http://www.racedrivergrid.com/#/dwnmovies/
And at about 1:30 it looks like the start, it could just be the bugatti circuit tho
Oh, I was looking totally different trailer

Thats definitely Le Mans then, night time and the yellow Lola hints that its full track... and regarding Codesuckers' previous attempts to model real life tracks, I wouldn't expect much.

But that was mostly CGI anyway. That trailer I saw was mostly gameplay.
The physics will be crap, the video makes the game look amazing.

However, maybe that song they played is cursed, it was in the TDU intro and that developer fell apart.
Quote from Rappa Z :it was in the TDU intro and that game fell apart.

their community is strong and their spirit is good, plus judging by the forum they still have a lot of fun driving together...
so You kinda are wrong...not that TDU is a perfect example of atari caring about the gamers
Anyone tried the xbox360 demo yet?, was released today, 783mb

Quote :It's time to get on the GRID as this superb demo showcases racing in the three regions playable in the full game; Europe Touring Cars at Jarama Circuit, U.S Muscle cars at San Francisco and Japanese Drift Racing at Yokohama Docks. Compete online in the European and U.S races and check out the time trial competitions for the chance to win a car and other ace prizes.

Hearing postive things about it, hopefully I'll get chance to check it out tonight.
Cheers for the heads up Danowat on the demo. I'll d/l it and then complain that it's not as good as Forza...
Let us know what it's like please mate
This game looks so good, i don't care what the physics are like as long as they're ok. Looks like good fun with a variety of nice cars to drive and if i want some serious fun ill just play LFS.
Just looked at the video of it and OMG, possibly better looking than ANY driving game out there? If it handles anything like how it looks then we could have a LFS/Forza beater on our hands!
#38 - mr_x
Quote from Blaeza :If it handles anything like how it looks then we could have a LFS/Forza beater on our hands!

I doubt it, it IS a Conmasters game after all...
We pc gamers still get screwed badly.

Quote :Codemasters has announced that a playable demo of the Xbox 360 version of Race Driver: GRID is now available via Xbox LIVE. The demo offers 3 events to compete in. The eBay Motors Muscle Cup sees you taking the wheel of a ford Mustang GT-R and the streets of San Francisco, the Advan International Trophy hands you a Nissan S15 Silvia and your playground is Yokohama Docks, and the Euro Touring Car Series provides some old-school tin-top thrills with a BMW 320si touring car and the sweeping curves and hairpins of Jarama. Codemasters informed us that the PC demo will not be released today. Three new screenshots from the demo have been uploaded in our gallery. The PlayStation 3 demo will also be released later today.

I might get both demo's, PS3 & xbox360, just to see if there are any differences in the graphics.....
It does look very pretty, I'll give them that
Just downloaded the demo, time to give it a go....

5 minutes later

...I won't be buying this game or playing the demo again. Even on the hardest mode with all the assists turned off it feels awful. Brakes are better than an F1 car and you have endless amounts of grip. Gravel stops you dead even when you fly into it full speed, the damage looks great but I flew into a wall at 100mph, bent the chassis, and could still drive the car pefectly. Then I did it again and finally put my car out of the race...oh no wait, I can choose to do that section of road again using a replay voucher thingy. Graphics are good, damage is good, everything else is utter shit. Yes I can tell that in 5 minutes, because after 3 minutes I hated the feel of the game so much I just decided to crash my car and look at the damage. Think DIRT with worse handling and the same graphics/damage.
#44 - mr_x
Yep, damage is good... Graphics are too shiney... rest of it is utter shite.

Since when can a WTCC car do 170mph too?
Quote from mr_x :Since when can a WTCC car do 170mph too?

Sure it wasn't 170 km/h?
#46 - mr_x
Just so you guys can see how unrealistic the handling and acceleration is.

The graphics do look very nice, as does the selection of cars, but the physics look like utter poop, which is what you can expect from codemasters.

I actually think NFS beats this in the physics department!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/196729.html

I will be giving this game a miss, and will wait for forza 3
hey iv just got the demo for ps3 gotta admit NO WERE near gt5 prologue or forza 2 (played it on my mates 360) physics but i will buy it as it is very good and it does say it isnt representable than the full game and the cars and grapics are good which i look for in a game lol but i do love gt5 prologue and will stick to that for now

p.s does this work with a g25??? ordering one on friday
I really like this game, but I think the only reason for that is the amazing replays! Never have I enjoyed smashing the crap out of a BMW more, but yeah, the physics are odd at the best and I'm going to persevere with it.
drift mode is pretty good, normal racing is crap

Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG