The online racing simulator
How fast can Bourdais be?
(33 posts, started )
Bourdais, the CCWS Champion, he have a good skill, but because that he is in STR, I was just said he can give us a big surprised while ringing.
Than, at the GP in this Sunday, Bourdais have a very good show, he is on 4th place before engine trouble. Ya, there is a bit lucky, but he is not slower than Alonso & Kovalainen asey can make the gap shorter. & he contral his car very well, look like have TCS.

If there is a race in rain, he will have a verygood show, maybe he can get the first win of Red Bull.
Quote from scania :Bourdais, the CCWS Champion, he have a good skill, but because that he is in STR, I was just said he can give us a big surprised while ringing.
Than, at the GP in this Sunday, Bourdais have a very good show, he is on 4th place before engine trouble. Ya, there is a bit lucky, but he is not slower than Alonso & Kovalainen asey can make the gap shorter. & he contral his car very well, look like have TCS.

If there is a race in rain, he will have a verygood show, maybe he can get the first win of Red Bull.

Altho he showed a fantastic race from his side last weekend in Australia i doubt that he will do any better when more than 15 cars are on the grid. And he went faster than kovalainen is because he was stuck behind Alonso.....
Quote from scania :

Hmm... not so sure about that.

Anyone here watch the first corner of the first lap of the 24 hours of le mans last year? (Hint: watch for the car going extremely fast off the side of the road. )
He had a great debut race, whichever way you slice it, but it's a bit like when Mansell went to ChampCar - if he had made lots of newbie mistakes it would've been pretty embarrassing.

Looks like he deserves his grid slot on the evidence so far anyway.
H definitely has the talent for it, and the winning mentality. Shame I can't really remember seeing him at all during the race. A downside of getting up at silly o'clock to watch it, I can't actually even recall if ITV had adverts on during the early morning live broadcast.
Definitely a good race by Bourdais, but the STR car is not all that fast, tbh. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see him near the front of the field too often, apart from some freak-races maybe. In Melbourne his fastest lap was more than 2 seconds slower than Kovalainen's and still 1.5 seconds slower than that of Rosberg.
Quote from srdsprinter :Hmm... not so sure about that.

Anyone here watch the first corner of the first lap of the 24 hours of le mans last year? (Hint: watch for the car going extremely fast off the side of the road. )

Yeah it was pretty close to drive straight to sand trap and get stuck there... would have been somehow embarrassing. I guess it's also skill that he managed to save it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RCnR3MjZT28
Didn't think it was anything special tbh.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Didn't think it was anything special tbh.

+1.

He was just lucky and profited from the mistakes/DNFs of the others. Until 5 laps before the end.

I think Vettel will beat him clearly in most of the races.
Quote from zeugnimod :+1.

He was just lucky and profited from the mistakes/DNFs of the others. Until 5 laps before the end.

I think Vettel will beat him clearly in most of the races.

+1

I also think Vettel will give him a really hard time. If i had to bet i'd say Vettel is going to have more points in the end of the season.
Quote from Jouman :+1

I also think Vettel will give him a really hard time. If i had to bet i'd say Vettel is going to have more points in the end of the season.

+1 too
#12 - w126
In Melbourne after 25 laps he was 1:26,74 behind the leader. I think this shows his real speed with the car he has now.
Very slow you want to say? 3 secs per lap slower in F1 means you're at the back of the field...
im like, wheres all the french dudes.
It must be very humbling from being top of the tree in one series to miles behind in another (yes it was his first race, and i think he will do well)

Mansell may have made mistakes be he won his fair share too..
Quote from srdsprinter :Hmm... not so sure about that.

Anyone watch Hamilton driving into the worlds smallest sand trap last season in the F1? Anyone watch him drive off at the start of the Brazilian GP while trying to beat Alonso? Then mysteriously finding neautral?

Eveeryone makes mistakes and I watched the first 3 or so laps of that le mans start, Bourdais was back into 2nd pretty quickly.
Ive seen him live at Longbeach gran prix a few times and was always impressed I'll be rooting for him this season. I don't know that he will get too close to a podium, but he is a good diver and I was impressed with how will he held off Alonso, Would be cool to See him do well this season.
It was the first corner... of a 24 hour race.

Bourdais was very lucky that he got back on the road without damaging the car, otherwise he would be remembered for being the goober that he is.

F1 drivers should be the 22 best racecar drivers in the world, impervious to the mental lapses of other mere mortals. So yes, when you drive off the road on T1 L1 of a 24hr race or find the world's smallest gravel trap while in commanding position of the F1 driver's championship while claiming to be one of the 22 best drivers in the whole world, I reserve the right to call you a Goober.

Quote from Bawbag :Anyone watch Hamilton driving into the worlds smallest sand trap last season in the F1? Anyone watch him drive off at the start of the Brazilian GP while trying to beat Alonso? Then mysteriously finding neautral?

Eveeryone makes mistakes and I watched the first 3 or so laps of that le mans start, Bourdais was back into 2nd pretty quickly.

If people weren't goobers though, then racing would get pretty boring.
we could place bets on who gets to the gravel traps first next race... hamilton or bourdais
Quote from Shotglass :we could place bets on who gets to the gravel traps first next race... hamilton or bourdais

I'd guess it will be Nelsinho
After seeing where the Red Bull cars were at last year's rain races, if it rains again i think Bourdais could easily have a top three. Both Bourdais and Vettel have promis, they just need the team to get the figured out.
Quote from UncleBenny :If people weren't goobers though, then racing would get pretty boring.

Terrific point . Just remember that I will call them out for being goobers after they act accordingly.

Quote from Rappa Z :After seeing where the Red Bull cars were at last year's rain races, if it rains again i think Bourdais could easily have a top three. Both Bourdais and Vettel have promis, they just need the team to get the figured out.

You could almost say that for every driver out there. Rain generally equals crap shoot.

I do miss the days of rain = Schumacher 3 seconds a lap faster than everyone else. Except of course when he runs over the cars he is lapping, the goober (DC at Spa?).
I'd rather say that it was a brilliant move.

I think Bourdais uses the practice sessions to set the car up for the race, not the qualy, so he gets miles behind his teammate. But i'm not sure (of course).

But we'll see. He has never raced in many of those tracks. But MONTREAL is coming, then i think we'll see the real Bourdais.

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG