The online racing simulator
UK car tax
(54 posts, started )
Bleeding heck thats that hope gone soo how much would a kia magentis cost to insure with full license and no points?
#27 - Jakg
Can't you just quote yourself?

I have no idea why your getting a quote when your 4 YEARS away from it, though...
#28 - DeKo
Quote from Luke.S :Bleeding heck thats that hope gone soo how much would a kia magentis cost to insure with full license and no points?

your 13, you cant seriously be aspiring to drive a kia, surely? kia rio 1.5 diesel was the worst car ive ever driven, made me want to kill myself and give up driving.
Quote from Luke.S :Bleeding heck thats that hope gone soo how much would a kia magentis cost to insure with full license and no points?

Here is a valid tip...seeing as you have another 4 years or so to wait, this is the course you need to follow...
At 16, get a moped/scooter.....a few insurance companies will let you count your year on a scooter at 16 towards a NCB at 17...
Secondly, (and this is dead cert 100% BonaFide from my insurance broker.....)

Have a sex change!!!

FACT: At 17 years old a GIRL will pay up to SIXTY PER CENT LESS than a boy for exactly the same car under the same conditions...

I know, cos I asked him how much we were looking at for Emmy's first car in 2 years time...he said that at the current rates, we would expect to pay £800 - £900 for a Micra/Metro/106 sort of thing..(ie, about 1.0 litre and boring as hell!), which could drop to £600 - £750 if she had a scooter for a year with no problems.
#30 - robt
yup, girls get it cheap. half price for my car in fact the money saved could probably cover the sex change haha.
Least mines gone down £600 by just waiting, only £1900 now.
208g/km, they're fleecing me for £210 a year plus I'm just under 30mpg!
At least I only got a £5 increase over last year in the end. Phew
They should get rid of road tax and put it on petrol instead. That way those who don't use the road as much aren't paying the same as people who drive to the moon and back each year.
Ouch, that'll be £400 for anything remotely sporty since 2001. I see a huge increase in the popularity of pre-2001 large sportscars if the current trend continues (fixed £180 for old cars over 1500cc and talk of up to £900 for top band cars).

EDIT - out of interest does anybody know whether the CO2 emissions are based off manufacture figures or take modifications into account? We could see an annoying increase in very small capacity turbo engines if they don't take modifications into account
Quote from Crashgate3 :They should get rid of road tax and put it on petrol instead. That way those who don't use the road as much aren't paying the same as people who drive to the moon and back each year.

WE'RE ALREADY GETTING TAXED 70+% ON PETROL, WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE THANKS

Sorry for the caps, but I think in this instance it's understandable.
down with road tax!!!
Quote from Luke.S :down with road tax!!!

Why am i thinking you are just posting in all threads to boost your post count. Do you think it makes you look cool or something? It doesnt.
i'm not thats what i honestly think down with road tax.
Do you think anyone "likes" tax. No but it's needed (Probably isn't, but meh). Sure Brits are more frustrated, becuase they get taxed on practically everything except for their taxes. You should be so thankful that either I'm not a moderator, or the moderation team doesn't act like the Garrys Mod moderation team.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :or the moderation team doesn't act like the Garrys Mod moderation team.

Care to expand on that one, for those of us who aren't 12 year old american kids?

They seem to be the only people who play GM. Anyway back on topic, vaguely speaking, this budget wasn't as bad as it could've been, and with regards to Brits getting taxed, I don't think as bad off as Germany for instance. However all the "stealth taxes" we get could very well end up evening things up
Karl, I don't play GM, but their moderation style is pretty much... well, 90% of this forum would have had several 1 week bans for poor grammar, and many would be permanently banned just for asking stupid questions. Really, it'd make your life easy, getting to ban people for going "OMG LULZ, NOS PLZ", and a certain user in the Programaticer forum would have been banned long ago.
Quote from ajp71 :That's the daftest bit, a 575g/km Gallardo 5 litre V10 costs the same to tax as a Land Rover or a typical 3 litre V6 saloon

All this budget means at the end of the day is the rich get richer, and the poorer get worse!, even though they try tell us its the opposite. Bunch of phat cat liars the lot of em', some times i wish Guy had bloody done it.
****, that's some ban-happy mods. Banning for posting in the wrong section? Just move the damn thread and tell them they did wrong. Rick rolling? Fair enough.
Quote from Bob Smith :****, that's some ban-happy mods. Banning for posting in the wrong section? Just move the damn thread and tell them they did wrong. Rick rolling? Fair enough.

Dustin is right, You need to be more like them
Quote from Crashgate3 :They should get rid of road tax and put it on petrol instead. That way those who don't use the road as much aren't paying the same as people who drive to the moon and back each year.

That is just stupid. I've just come back from spending a week working on a farm and we went through a lot fuel (most of it was Red Diesel, but a few vehicles were petrol only). Now none of these go on the road as such don't pay road tax, so why should they have to pay extra on fuel to cover the costs of roads when they never use them?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That is just stupid. I've just come back from spending a week working on a farm and we went through a lot fuel (most of it was Red Diesel, but a few vehicles were petrol only). Now none of these go on the road as such don't pay road tax, so why should they have to pay extra on fuel to cover the costs of roads when they never use them?

You would be even unhappier if you had to pay for the fuel for one of these
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That is just stupid. I've just come back from spending a week working on a farm and we went through a lot fuel (most of it was Red Diesel, but a few vehicles were petrol only). Now none of these go on the road as such don't pay road tax, so why should they have to pay extra on fuel to cover the costs of roads when they never use them?

That's why you get red diesel in the first place.
Quote from Bob Smith :That's why you get red diesel in the first place.

Yeah, but like I said they do have a few petrol vehicles, haven't done a mile on the road since they arrived at the farm. But isn't RD just cut tax fuel, and not totally tax free?

UK car tax
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG