The online racing simulator

Poll : Pay every year and increase and development speed?

No
Yes
Other
Personally, I vote no for one very good reason. Since the release of patch Y, I don't believe they deserve it. They ruined the game with that patch.
Quote from Venus :Personally, I vote no for one very good reason. Since the release of patch Y, I don't believe they deserve it. They ruined the game with that patch.

Wow, I hope your kidding! Cause Patch Y made things great with clutch heat
Quote from Venus :Personally, I vote no for one very good reason. Since the release of patch Y, I don't believe they deserve it. They ruined the game with that patch.

I would like to hear why do you think so. Is it the clutch heating, or maybe that they added Formula BMW (It can't be the reason they took away XRT from demo users, as you are not a demo user...)?
I'm not a demo user, but I still think it was a bad move to rip out the XRT.
Quote from Gekkibi :I would like to hear why do you think so. Is it the clutch heating, or maybe that they added Formula BMW (It can't be the reason they took away XRT from demo users, as you are not a demo user...)?

It's becuase his beloved FOX isn't as good and he can't get good laptimes around AS2 anymore.
Quote from niall09 :It's becuase his beloved FOX isn't as good and he can't get good laptimes around AS2 anymore.

Even in real life car specs and track configs can change so LFS is reflecting RL that much more
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :I'm not a demo user, but I still think it was a bad move to rip out the XRT.

This is only my opinion, but imho it was great to include one-seater to demo, as it didn't had one before patch Y. Why should there be yet another normal RWD-car, as they also had XRG..?
Quote from Gekkibi :This is only my opinion, but imho it was great to include one-seater to demo, as it didn't had one before patch Y. Why should there be yet another normal RWD-car, as they also had XRG..?

coz u can only grip that stupid low powa car? it doesnt even have a rear wing. now all the promising drifters miss lfs coz they don't know u can drift race innit?
#62 - Juls
Demo content is a very important choice. For example I tried LFS few years ago, with blackwood and sense of speed was really poor because this track is too large for such low-power cars and default textures not detailed enough. At 100 kph, blackwood is an ocean of asphalt, it takes years to finish the straight line, only the chicane wakes you up.
I just gave up after few hours.

Then a friend who got LFS license let me try LX4 on south city sprint circuit. After one lap I decided to buy the game.

The demo alone is more discouraging than attractive...it improved with FBM.
Quote from Gekkibi :This is only my opinion, but imho it was great to include one-seater to demo, as it didn't had one before patch Y. Why should there be yet another normal RWD-car, as they also had XRG..?

Because no one used the XRG, and even on s2 it seems to be unpopular. It's just a RWD XFG, and it makes already long Blackwood a longer race. Not to mention the community already loved the XRT, so many guys I know just quit the game in favour of something else when patch Y came out.
it's simple, i tried LFS 6 months ago and i didn't liked it very much, most of the races were with the XFG and it is a very slow car so i got bored, i didn't drive much the XRT because and i don't like drifting and there was where it was used, then in december i decided to give LFS a second opportunity, i downloaded the new patch Y and i got the surprise of a new car, the FBM, i joined a server and drove the FBM a couple of laps and i just loved it, so one month later i bought the S2 license
Exactly. Some losers might quit LFS ne'er to return because of the lack of the XRT. This is probably more than offset by the extra sales coming from a single seater. And, chances are, these are a fundamentally better type of person than your average skidder, so it's win-win for all concerned.
Quote from Juls :Demo content is a very important choice. For example I tried LFS few years ago, with blackwood and sense of speed was really poor because this track is too large for such low-power cars and default textures not detailed enough. At 100 kph, blackwood is an ocean of asphalt, it takes years to finish the straight line, only the chicane wakes you up.
I just gave up after few hours.

Then a friend who got LFS license let me try LX4 on south city sprint circuit. After one lap I decided to buy the game.

The demo alone is more discouraging than attractive...it improved with FBM.

I have a solution for that: Buy the freaking license! Why should demo users have lots of content (More than enough. And XRT didn't had any competitors in the same class)? Demo is that everyone can get to know LFS, not for playing it indefinitly... If you like it, buy a license. If you don't, uninstall it and get another game (rFactor, Need for Speed or even WoW). As simple as this!
Quote from tristancliffe :And, chances are, these are a fundamentally better type of person than your average skidder, so it's win-win for all concerned.

That wasn't completely biased at all.

Quote from Gekkibi : Why should demo users have lots of content (More than enough. And XRT didn't had any competitors in the same class)? Demo is that everyone can get to know LFS, not for playing it indefinitly... If you like it, buy a license. If you don't, uninstall it and get another game (rFactor, Need for Speed or even WoW). As simple as this!

I always wondered, why do s2 users tend to get worked up over demo racers having a large amount of features? It seems like jealousy to me.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :I always wondered, why do s2 users tend to get worked up over demo racers having a large amount of features? It seems like jealousy to me.

Why the heck do we need licenses? Why shouldn't demo users have EVERYTHING (And even MOAR!!!11 rimz spoilerz karz noz!!11oneone)?

Little bit sarcasm and you (hopefully) got my point...
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :That wasn't completely biased at all.

I always wondered, why do s2 users tend to get worked up over demo racers having a large amount of features? It seems like jealousy to me.

Those who aren't willing to buy a license and play demo forever, are missing from the grid with me
Quote from Gekkibi :Why the heck do we need licenses? Why shouldn't demo users have EVERYTHING (And even MOAR!!!11 rimz spoilerz karz noz!!11oneone)?

Little bit sarcasm and you (hopefully) got my point...

Your point was - the game needs money to play, and some demo users tend to expect more from a racing game, seeing the commercial releases today.

However, that doesn't explain the whole "THEY GET SOOOOOO MUCH CONTENT" because in the end, they don't get all of it.

Generalizing the entire community due to their typical age range, as well as behavior that you observed does not mean that the entire community itself is the same.
Quote from frokki :Those who aren't willing to buy a license and play demo forever, are missing from the grid with me

But aren't we complaining about how they are apparently so poor mannered?

Maybe they just need a better reason to get s2. To be honest, the only thing that stopped me from getting s2 was because my parents were paranoid and would not buy off the internet, and if it was in retail stores, I would get it. (THANK YOU ALIENT.)

Simply, when commercial release rolls around (or if it does), we can only hope that it is picked up by some people in an attempt to get some real racing down.
simply as it is , N to the O = no

This just shows your dedication for lfs , wich shows that its pretty stressing and you want it done now, if you say yes, that is
#72 - Juls
Quote from Gekkibi :I have a solution for that: Buy the freaking license! Why should demo users have lots of content (More than enough. And XRT didn't had any competitors in the same class)? Demo is that everyone can get to know LFS, not for playing it indefinitly... If you like it, buy a license. If you don't, uninstall it and get another game (rFactor, Need for Speed or even WoW). As simple as this!

You do not understand my point. Demo is supposed to give a taste of the full game. In my case, and several others (from what I read on forums), it did not do it...because blackwood was too large and boring for the demo cars. With the FBM it is better than before.

If you want to tell people "this demo represents nothing....buy the full game and you will see"....why have a demo at all?

A demo with SO sprint instead of blackwood would be a lot more attractive, without any additional content. If you give people SENSE OF SPEED they are motivated to wreste with real physics even if they come from Need For Speed universe. All sims have to do this: attract people long time enough so that they discover the depth of physics...because it takes time to enjoy a sim, contrary to games without proper physics.

Anyway, we come back to the same problem....there is not a big variety in LFS tracks and tracks are not renewed often enough. That is why licensed users feel bad if demo users are given something else than blackwood.
And we know how long it takes to make a nice track...that is why the idea to pay more for more content is not so strange.
But mind you, Blackwood has rally, and that's an interesting way to show off physics.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG