The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :He HAS S2. Lets not go down this route again...

sorry when i see demo i'd like to say that cause i'm anoyying
Quote from thisnameistaken :When the first space shuttle went up, my mum told me I could watch it on my lunch break from school if I came home for lunch. All the way home I was staring at the sky, then I found out she meant it was on TV. How disappointed was I...

You were able to go home for lunch in school? Nice.

This reminded me of watching the launch in school. They wheeled TV's into the classrooms. I was in 7th grade..... in 1986.

Yes, it was the one that blew up on launch. Thinking about that now, I have never watched another launch on TV until recently. The next one I watched..... blew up upon re-entry into the earth's atmosphere.

I think I'm glad I didn't catch this launch. I can't have that hanging over my head if something were to happen again.
Quote from mrodgers :You were able to go home for lunch in school? Nice.

This reminded me of watching the launch in school. They wheeled TV's into the classrooms. I was in 7th grade..... in 1986.

Yes, it was the one that blew up on launch. Thinking about that now, I have never watched another launch on TV until recently. The next one I watched..... blew up upon re-entry into the earth's atmosphere.

I think I'm glad I didn't catch this launch. I can't have that hanging over my head if something were to happen again.

Its normal in the UK, your allowed to go home for lunch or go wherever, as long as you have parents consent and are back on time.
Quote from mrodgers :You were able to go home for lunch in school? Nice.

that must suck, first the whole school sees it happen unexpexted and then when u think i might see it again u see another one blow up
Quote from mattmac83 :
Can't wait for the next one! I *WILL* make it down there to see one in person before the shuttles are retired. Might even be able to catch one this year!

I vow to do the same. My girlfriend on the other hand, has been there during a vacation to Disney. I was (still am) very jealous of that.
Quote from mattmac83 :I saw the launch at work - we have a big TV in the lobby and I was able to get the receptionist to turn it to CNN. I'm a huge fan of NASA (one of the coolest things I've done was visit KSC) - I watch all the launches, follow the missions, watch the landings. I'm a geek, I know.

Can't wait for the next one! I *WILL* make it down there to see one in person before the shuttles are retired. Might even be able to catch one this year!

I've seen people stare at me when I told them that watching Shuttle-launches was one of the (very) few things that made me feel a sense of pride in the human race. I suppose one of the reasons that I'm geeky about space exploration is that I feel it's one of the few international collaborations that work towards something other than the latest jet-fighter or tank, although that is perhaps a bit pessimistic.

Personally I think that the public's interest in space exploration is way too low. Most newspapers already discard Shuttle launches as backpage stories, whereas Britney Spears going into rehab is world-news for weeks.

Meh. Anyway I really do wish I could see a launch in person, but living on (as near as makes no difference) the other side of the world is a bit of a b*tch. :\
As promised, I provide those interested in the next Space Shuttle launch with a bump

"[Space Shuttle] Endeavour's launch is scheduled for 2:28 a.m. EDT Tuesday, March 11." which translates into (and I could be wrong here) 6:28 a.m. GMT.

It'll be a night-time launch and I guess that means bad luck for everyone except the die-hard who really want to see this

Links:

NASA's main Shuttle page:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

NASA TV page:

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/
Thanks for the heads-up!
Last heads-up for those interested, launch is in 7h 27m (at 06:27gmt)
I don't suppose anyone will be watching this one though; rough timing for a weekday

Anyway, off for a nap.
Damn it. I want to watch this. So much better live than on Youtube a few hours later. I'd love to watch it in person to, but that costs a bit more than a free feed
it should only be about 5pm here (Aus) when it launches, so im looking forward to watching it. I would love to see one in person but its a long way for me to travel.
I'll try and check this out, thanks :up:
I've experienced a shuttle launch from the Kennedy Space Centre... and it's something astonishing. If you ever actually go there, don't ever be fooled by the distance you are away from the launchpad... you will hear it and feel it, in bucket-loads - but it will take a good while to get to you
I'm interested! I love shuttle launches, I used to watch one on CBC in the mornings. (I remember the day of the Columbia dissaster )
Almost two hours to go. I'm sleepy, but I really want to see this.

By the way, I'm on a GMT-3 timezone and it's 00:40 now. So I think the launch will be at 5:28 GMT, not 6:28.
dah.. another hour until this launch. I'm going to sleep! It's almost 1:30am here.
omg 30 seconds i made it!
Baaaahhh they borked up the cameras big-time, oh well ;p
Nice launch.
Quote from Jertje :Baaaahhh they borked up the cameras big-time, oh well ;p

Well, it was a night launch and it was cloudy
Ah, just noticed the low-clouds in the 'replay' - didn't realise it was too cloudy to show mid/long-range cameras ;p
CRAP!

How does a month pass by so quickly!?

Okay, I'll try and catch the next one. At least it was cloudy? Jertie, feel free to continue bumping!
Bump!

Don't know if people suddenly lost interest on this or just forgot it... Anyway, Space Shuttle Endeavour will be launching in a week (June 13).

Full launching schedule is here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG