The online racing simulator
Anyone own a Buttkicker?
(12 posts, started )
Anyone own a Buttkicker?
I bought a Buttkicker a couple of days ago after seeing a review on SRT. I hooked it up and it doesn't seem to work with LFS at all. I was hoping I could set it up to vibrate the seat slightly at idle and much more when the throttle is opened up. But I get absolutely no rumbling/vibrating effects at all from the thing.

It works with some dolby digital demos and some dts demos I happened to have on my PC which makes me believe it's hooked up correctly. Perhaps LFS doesn't generate low enough bass for it to work properly??

If just one person could tell me whether this thing works or not with LFS I'll be able to sleep much better tonight... I did e-mail their tech support but I have a feeling they've never even heard of LFS...
if you want bass you should listen to hardstyle and hook it up to an electric dildo for extra vibration
btw never heard of theese
#3 - Woz
Quote from Technique :I bought a Buttkicker a couple of days ago after seeing a review on SRT. I hooked it up and it doesn't seem to work with LFS at all. I was hoping I could set it up to vibrate the seat slightly at idle and much more when the throttle is opened up. But I get absolutely no rumbling/vibrating effects at all from the thing.

It works with some dolby digital demos and some dts demos I happened to have on my PC which makes me believe it's hooked up correctly. Perhaps LFS doesn't generate low enough bass for it to work properly??

If just one person could tell me whether this thing works or not with LFS I'll be able to sleep much better tonight... I did e-mail their tech support but I have a feeling they've never even heard of LFS...

Might be a lack of bass. Put on some Drum and Bass playing in media player and see if it kicks in. Then use the graphic to cut the low freq.

Should give you all the info you need.

Not sure if LFS will generate lots of low freq. Can you tune in control panel for the freq it kicks in from?
Well I must say ButtKicker support is great! They responded to me at 12am EST (2 hours after I originally emailed them). All I had to do was enable "Bass Redirection" which is what you were probably talking about Woz.

Unfortunately, that involved finding the Sound Blaster CD so I could reinstall the creative software (which creative doesn't offer as a download on their site... grr...). I'm not sure what you would do if your sound card didn't have a bass redirect feature. Once I got everything reinstalled it's working as expected in LFS

I'll post a review once I have some time to test it out (this time I'll post in the proper section - Hardware - Other).
I have a better solution:
Subharmonic prosessor what copies certain frequencies to 1..n octaves below. Then, use equalizer to cut everything else by at least -20dB. Connect your massive subwoofers to 2+kW amplifier and voi'la, problem solved.
Quote from Gekkibi :I have a better solution:
Subharmonic prosessor what copies certain frequencies to 1..n octaves below. Then, use equalizer to cut everything else by at least -20dB. Connect your massive subwoofers to 2+kW amplifier and voi'la, problem solved.

DBdrag whore :P ( just kidding )

Quote from Technique :Unfortunately, that involved finding the Sound Blaster CD so I could reinstall the creative software (which creative doesn't offer as a download on their site... grr...).

im not exactly sure which software you needed, but usually youll find any on their site. if its an older soundblaster you should take a look at the archives. have found everything myself until now at least.
Quote from dodo.ger :im not exactly sure which software you needed, but usually youll find any on their site. if its an older soundblaster you should take a look at the archives. have found everything myself until now at least.

Archives are a good call, but I had the same problem. Creative don't have the original CD software and drivers easily available, only the updates. Fortunately, an ex-Creative employer recognised this fault and set up a site with *all* original application software and drivers. If I could just remember what the site is..
I had the same problem some years ago, compaq/hp provides the full set of drivers/apps to the audigy:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp20501-21000/SP20920.exe
All you have to do is unpack and rename the CTOem.cfg in the Audio/setup folder to something else.
Then start setup from the above mentioned folder.
thanks... I did find the CD though. After tearing apart my closet for an hour, I had a bright idea to look in the "Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer" box (sounds like a Street Fighter game). Wouldn't you know it, that's where it was!

About the buttkicker, the sim racing tonight review (episode 4) was spot on! I will try to go into a bit more detail and explain how well it works with LFS in my review.
I own a buttkicker. Its called Claudia and I married her!
Quote from Stigpt :I own a buttkicker. Its called Claudia and I married her!

Haha funny!

Actually I didn't have any problems getting it to work with LFS although I have written two reviews on my team forum so I am in the process of copying them and writing them here will post a link in moments. Click Here Not to high jack threads, but this one came up in the auto-search as I was posting and I would have put the other one here, although this was asking for assistance. Hope you enjoy.

Anyone own a Buttkicker?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG