The online racing simulator
Program request [ not insim :) ]
Hi, is it possible for someone to make a program which acts as a button click when it hits a certain degree of angle (sheesh this is hard to explain), so say if i got my joypad could you make it do what's shown in the jpg image attached please? If you don't get me just say and i'll try and explain better. I have no idea if this is possible.. just wondering.. you know would be useful

cheers,
Sam
Attached images
layout.jpg
Well, It IS possible. Theres a few things thats needed tho. What type of pad do you have? and what button is what?
Nah, well to tell you the truth i am thinking of making a homemade H- Shifter because i'm to cheap to buy one + i love making things, but i thought it would be easier to dismantle the joypad down to the axis and attach a gear stick onto it.. you know
If you REALLY love making things, it would be far easier to dismantle the pad so that 7 buttons are out, and arrange them in your H pattern. Then fashion a stick of some sort that hits the buttons when you move it into gear. Then make a case for the whole thing. Sounds tricky, but it would be easy enough if you knew what you were doing.

I just bought a H-shifter
Noo me prefers axis idea, it is better as i dont have to make a bloody ball joint..
Is there any people who are going to give it a shot, because if there isn't, i screw the idea...
Quote from samforey12345 :Is there any people who are going to give it a shot, because if there isn't, i screw the idea...

Ill "try" but i cannot promise anything, This is a step into the unknown part of programming for me...
Ok, cool, i'll keep thinking about the design, then and see what your out come is. Thanks
Quote from samforey12345 :Ok, cool, i'll keep thinking about the design, then and see what your out come is. Thanks

btw, What Joypad is it? Make model etc etc..
w00t /me goes and tries it out
Even more woot, I no longer have to go into the unknown :hide:
You should do it anyway too get practise .
Quote from samforey12345 :You should do it anyway too get practise .

:O i dont need practice.. I made loads of things , Look in my sig
Quote from mcgas001 :i dont need practice..

A programmer always needs practice... remember that and you'll always be able to improve
Quote from JamesF1 :A programmer always needs practice... remember that and you'll always be able to improve

Good point acutally......
James thanks for the link, but i don't know whats wrong... when i click his attachment a window comes up, but there isn't a download, its just blank. Have you already got the program? If so could you do me a favour and upload it please..
Im guessing the joystick needs force feedback to work as a shifter?
Quote from samforey12345 :James thanks for the link, but i don't know whats wrong... when i click his attachment a window comes up, but there isn't a download, its just blank. Have you already got the program? If so could you do me a favour and upload it please..

Ahh, yeah, sorry... RSC downloads are broken at the moment. I don't have it, no, as I have my trusty Act Labs shifter to do the job for me. I don't know where else you could get it, though. You could always PM/email the original poster?

Quote from evilpimp :Im guessing the joystick needs force feedback to work as a shifter?

I think it works without it as well, though I'd question it's effectiveness without some means to generate some 'guide'.
I think i'll just wait until it's working again, as i'm not in a rush. Thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG