The online racing simulator
Stupid Msn
(16 posts, started )
Stupid Msn
MSN has just decided that my password is wrong. This was the stored password which I haven't changed, and it was working fine a few minutes before.

I've tried the reset password thing, but whenever I enter the info (location, postal code and secret question) to get my password reset, it tells me it's wrong.

Now this is the stupid thing - to ask for help, they don't have an email address, no that would be faaaar too easy. They have a webnote system which sends replies to your hotmail address. You know, the one I can't get into. Genius.

Anyone got any ideas?
Capslock? Numlock? Reboot?
Nope. Nope. Tried it, but it wouldn't do anything anyway, as the reset thing is browser based.
Yes, but maybe shutting down MSN and re-opening it fixes it? I know I had a wrong password warning this morning, but I simply closed down and opened Miranda again and it worked
Just to be sure... type your password somewhere where you can see it typed out, just to make sure you really are typing what you think you are typing.

At the moment i have no other idea, sorry.

If nothing helps, get over it, and make a new address.
Quote from jibber : helps, get over it, and make a new address.

It has 6 years of emails stored and all my MSN contacts, a few of which I have no other way of contacting them.
Quote from Crashgate3 :It has 6 years of emails stored and all my MSN contacts, a few of which I have no other way of contacting them.

I know what you feel, i experienced kind of same thing too with MSN. all my contacts etc..all GONE....
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12 : retarded
Outlook and POP 3 mail FTW!!!
I never trust ANYTHING that I cannot control directly.
Surely your ISP will give you a POP3 email account?

TIP: NEVER use webmail for anything important!
try it on a different pc. I'm living in pure Vista hell at the moment. I can't use my msn account on my vista pc, but it works fine on my laptop, the computer I originally created the account on.

I'm having the same problem as you so hope you find a fix!
Quote from Bladerunner :Outlook and POP 3 mail FTW!!!
I never trust ANYTHING that I cannot control directly.
Surely your ISP will give you a POP3 email account?

TIP: NEVER use webmail for anything important!

Outlook? Get Thunderbird
Honestly, I think Thunderbird is one of the worst Mozilla apps (Actually FF3 is shit too, and I'm switching to Safari instead) because they don't really think about it, it's very tacked on as a 4th line player in the Mozilla team.
Quote from Gil07 :Outlook? Get Thunderbird

Easy...
1) As Dustin sez, TBird sux
2) My Mobile/Palmtop integrates 100% with Outlook, but not TBird

(Note...I said Outlook...NOT Outlook Express...)
Don't worry so much. This happens sometimes when their servers have problems. Try again tomorrow. If it doesn't work then, then you have a problem.
I know it's not much help now, but you can back up your contacts list.

Open MSN, Contacts > Save Instant Messaging Contacts.

As for the emails, I'm with the others, use Outlook.
It could just be someone guessed your details and locked you out of your own account. One of my friends in college used to do it all the time to a guy who he decided he didn't like any more.
Nah, I don't think it's that. Only my immediate family know the answer to my secret question, and none of them would have either the time, the know-how or the inclination to do anything like that.

Stupid Msn
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG