The online racing simulator
Motivation suggestions
(84 posts, started )
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :(...) But thankfully every dialect of every language ever invented since human speech first occurred can share that experience!

Personally I think the Asian translations were a great idea. If LFS is to be able to keep growing, they need as large a user base as possible. Since the % of the population that are interested in a serious driving sim is naturally low, that means the devs have to try to reach out to everyone. And Asia is a huge (and growing) market for computer games. So in the long run, the translations might generate the income which will fuel future expansions.

[/off topic, again]

I agree on the suggestion to try using the H-shifter, and also 720 degrees of rotation (if you're not doing that already). Adds a LOT to the experience. In addition, it might be worth trying out FreeTrack or similar software for head tracking. I've tried it, and I can tell you it will most definitely take some practice getting used to it. Certainly a challenge!
I'm affraid I'm getting on dan's boat too. Since a month or so I'm having trouble getting motivation to race LFS. I do it occasionally but I don't get joy out of it (or at least not the joy I used to get out of it).

I was waiting for OLFSL to announce their calendar, hoping to get my motivation back, but the hope was put out as soon as I read LX6's in SO, LX4's in rallycorss and FZ5's+RAC's in FE. I'm burnt out I guess and "sadistic" combos don't really help me out a lot

For a while I have kinda switched to rfactor, mostly because I can race on some well implemented real-life tracks, legendary tracks like Nordschleife, Monza, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, etc. rFactor's physics are a bit of a joke and forcefeedback is even worse, but I'm honestly fed up doing Astons, Blackwoods and Westhills

Ultimately I would really love to be able to follow online real life championships (like F1 or DTM or whatever) as they happen but in a sim with decent physics. That would give me long term motivation.

For now I'm sticking mostly to rFactor, without leaving LFS of cource (I may even participate in a few OLFSL races) hoping that I will miss racing on LFS tracks sooner than I think
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Canadian?

You stole our eh.

Incidentally: This is where my motivation went. Excuse the mess - I re-jigged it in a much tidier way tonight and started velcro-ing stuff down, it looks much more businesslike now.
Quote from thisnameistaken :You stole our eh.

Incidentally: This is where my motivation went. Excuse the mess - I re-jigged it in a much tidier way tonight and started velcro-ing stuff down, it looks much more businesslike now.

Kev, learn how to make links!
Whoops...

You're just jealous cos I've got a Big Muff.
#81 - robt
nice set of pedals. someone had some spare cash to aquire all that lot
Quote from robt :nice set of pedals. someone had some spare cash to aquire all that lot

I bought the lot used (well, nearly all of them) so it could've been worse.

There are a couple more not pictured that I think I'm going to sell on (an MXR Bass Auto-Q and an MXR Phase 90), and I might get rid of the LS-2 if I can add a blend circuit to the Muff, and I might be able to swap out the A/B box for a single looper if I can do a true bypass mod on the bass synth.

The chorus might go too - I'm waiting for my new fretless to arrive to see how it sounds with that, but at the moment I don't really turn it on ever. And the tracking on the OC-2 is pretty awful so I might get rid of that and just use the octave voices on the bass synth.

But if I do sell those I'm buying a MOOG ring modulator, and maybe a Bass MURF - you can never have too many filters

Bless MOOG. Have you see the FreqBox? Now that thing's mental.
#83 - robt
that fregbox is crazy!
My guitar is in pieces atm, putting new pots in but they didnt fit the new pickguard someone made me, they used a squier template and my old pickguard needs the holes for the pots drilled out a few mm.just havent got the drillbit. also have a very cheap amp someone gave me it was that bad least ive got my boss DS-2 to make up for a bit of the distortion effect.
Quote from danowat :I don't need a mountain bike, I have a fooking great motorbike , plus running keeps me as fit as I need to

As for the forced server setups, yes, this would be one of the options that would keep LFS fresh for me, but small things like that get ignored for the sake of stuff like asian character sets, go figure.......

+1

Definitely not for every server, but generally closer races result with fixed setups...Well so I've found.

We have /fcv which is very similar in many respects, so why we've been waiting for this option for so long is frustrating to say the least.

I guess the asian character sets open up more sales opportunity for less coding time, but a significant time has past since we got a real update with content and as much as I love LFS, this sentiment seems to be growing.

The most frustrating part is, that here in Australia, the only time you get numbers in servers is when a new patch is released and how long that lasts, very much depends on the size of the update. I can't recall the last time I seen a full server (non-league/comp.) in Australasia sadly.

Motivation suggestions
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG