The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you think Fern Bay needs an update?

Yes
No
#1 - axus
Fern Bay graphics update please!
I know there is a lot of other stuff to do before this but I think Fern Bay needs a major re-working like the one Blackwood got before S2 Alpha. While being an awesome track to drive in road cars, it doesn't stack up to the rest of the tracks in terms of looks and quality. The textures are far from seemless and you can clearly see where all the polygons are joined. I would love this track and race it much, much more if it was more visually pleasing.
I voted yes, because i've noticed small details that aren't quite right because I've raced there a lot recently, but I don't believe its a particually high priority in light of other bugs/changes that have been requested. It doesn't look so bad with AA/AF on anyway.
well, dont think it needs an update really.

dSRC had a 1hour race there in TBO4 last night, and tbh is doesnt seem dated or anything compared to the other LFS tracks. Sure there are the usuall GFX glitches like tears and some floating walls etc, but generally I think it looks fine.

IMO fern bay doesnt need to be fancy at all, it is a club track and therefore should retain a slightly rough feel to it. The corners and kerbs are spot on in Fern Bay to make it an exciting challenge, I would hate for it to be tweaked significantly.

If anything, the little glitches need fixed, but that is it.
Definately yes. I think because of the lousy graphical look it has the most arcadish feeling.
#5 - Fetzo
i think fernbay still looks ok. eric should better work on other things, imho.

but if he is reworking it, he could widen the rx track a little bit though.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#6 - Greek
man, all the tracks will be updated. there's no doubt about it.

but, physics and everything else that is related to them, comes first.
Quote from Greek :man, all the tracks will be updated. there's no doubt about it.

But what does the physics have to do with Eric's work?
#8 - axus
Quote from Greek :man, all the tracks will be updated. there's no doubt about it.

Fair enough, but physics is done by Scawen and tracks by Eric. They can be working on it at the same time. And if the update happens, the Fern Bay character should remain - the curbs should be simmilar, except with extra polys, the track should be narrow and with some interesting elevation changes here and there but on thw whole, pretty level. And the textures should be updated to give it a more natural look and seemless joining of polygons. That's about it and it will be up to date and beautiful and I'm sure everyone will love it because it has some awesome corners.
Yes it does need an update, but in time. No major rush for it imho
^ What he said

It needs to be updated, but it's not a matter of lfe and death.
#11 - thd
Quote from Qurpiz :It needs to be updated, but it's not a matter of lfe and death.

Very little in LFS is

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG