The online racing simulator
Motivation suggestions
(84 posts, started )
As you say Dano, I`m struggeling myself to find motivation to play the game. Of course I can take a pick-up race here and there, but to enjoy the game more than 15 minutes is hard now. I`m tired of all the old combo`s and cars, I need something fresh.

Of course we can arguing about this, because we did get a new car, and a new track-layout, but heres why I don`t like it, or I like it but it doesn`t increase the lifespan of the game :

1 - A new config, sure it`s nice, but come on. We have only like..how many tracks, low, but with many configs. Configs are borring in the long run, there should be more tracks like westhill, that adds something completely new, and not about a mixture of corners on an allready in-game track.

2 - The new car. Sure it`s nice and all that, but we have seen it before. We need something completely new, nothing seen in the game before. 4 formula cars now is enough, and imo we need something like a rallycross pack, that was discussed earlier. It would add something completely new, and specially when it comes to the car selection part.

I still enjoy the game, but only every now and then, but I usually feels that the game is bournt out, it needs something completely new, or we will lose a good bounch of veterans soon.
Quote from RudiTurbo :It will always be part of my life, doesnt matter if I'm active or not.

QFT!

Right now I'm busy with other LFS related things like making a sound pack, a video and the second version of my H-shifter, after these are complete I think I'll have motivation to continue racing.
Get into the car you like least and learn to set it up and drive it fast. That's helped me over some inactive periods.
Blame yourself (and those of us who participated) that RSC raised the bar quite a bit.

You got rFactor? Join us for a round around the Shire.
Make no mistake, LFS takes effort. You have to concentrate to drive competatively, relative to pick-up-and-play console games.

When I want more interest in LFS, I join a league - but Road Sport Winter Cup has ended now
...but this is forcing you to practice/race regardless of whether you wanted it
Bithslap yourself, or better yet - find someone to bitchslap you till you come to your senses.
Didnt play much at all the 2nd half of last year, then i started driving cars i wouldnt normally, the xfg using the shifter (and having good if not comical races with tristan doing the same) then getting to grips with my nemisis the xrg, and finally learning how to setup and drive the fbm, i was strugling greatly with it as i was trying to set it up and drive it like a fox.

So my advise is try and master something that you struggle with or dont do normally

Simon
Quote from r4ptor :Bithslap yourself, or better yet - find someone to bitchslap you till you come to your senses.

I'd be happy to help out. What are friends for, eh?
Quote from danowat :Or do I just bite the bullet a have a few months break from LFs to see if the motivation comes back on its own?

Bite the bullet. You will have the motivation come back to you after a month or so.

I end up with an hour or 2 a night for "me time". I bought a new camera, so I am into that. I flight sim, though that has gone the way of LFS as well.

Every other night is a hockey game to watch, which takes up the entire evening.

I started doing some weight lifting, so that takes an hour. After that, I don't want to lift my arms to the wheel to race.

I am getting the feeling to get back into some hockey gaming with the NHL playoffs on the horizon.

But, mostly, since I still frequently visit this forum, the flight sim forum, the hockey forum, and now have 2 photography forums to view, that's about all I do on the computer anymore. Forums and post-processing any photos that I've taken takes up more than my hour or two that I have.
Quote from danowat :I'll make no bones about it, for various reasons I am struggling to find the motivation to "play" LFS, now I don't know if this is just a "jaded" cycle that will go away, or it's something thats running deeper, but I want to see if I can get out of the rut.

So basically, I am asking for ways that I can get "back" into LFS, because apart from a handfull of league races here and there, I haven't "played" it with any real conviction for a long time.

Or do I just bite the bullet a have a few months break from LFs to see if the motivation comes back on its own?

Just take a break... LFS'll still be around. More likely improved than not by the time you come back, too.
Just step away from it a bit, LFS isn't your life. :P I get very burnt out at the end of every league season considering that's ~80% practice/20% racing and for the couple months in between major leagues I usually rarely touch LFS.
Be aware though that you'll suck when you come back. I get beaten by everybody now.

Too obvious, don't even bother. :P
#40 - aoun
lol
do somethin won't let you play LFS. Like me atm, my wheel is unplugged, I ain't got where to put my pedals... i was taking a break but now I'm so ancious to play!!! and I ain't got the materials for making a good support for my pedals! RBR and LFS are awaiting!!!
get some new textures, skins ect. and try a new combo, always helps me. try a new style of server. perhaps
For some reason I am like this too since a couple of months. LFS had something new in December, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I started playing less, do new things. I made new *real life* friends and figured out life if much better than LFS. It has no lag and no on voteban you when you are faster than him/her. I'm still playing LFS a good hour a day, but not taking it any serious. I also entered a drifting competition this saturday, and have seen a lot of peoples training hard this week. I know I won't win because I'm not as good as I was before my 'depression' so I know it's not worth training like a mad. I'll just go there for fun and might lighten the flame that's dead since July.
I think u should just try cruising or drifting. Maybe then suddenly the want of racing takes u again.
Quote from nihil :
Sex... I'm sure you can find your own links...

This is actually a very hard one, can You find links for me?
Quote from RudiTurbo :This is actually a very hard one, can You find links for me?

Is that a hidden dirty joke?
i havent been playing much either...
Just take a breake from LFS a little Dan

Your motivation will come when new cockpits are released
And we've been told that these "new cockpits" are coming for how many years now???
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :And we've been told that these "new cockpits" are coming for how many years now???

I remember i was hoping for them in the "P" patch (i think it's P, the one with BMW Sauber F1) but hey, better get them in the quality of FBM cockpit...

Motivation suggestions
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG