The online racing simulator
LX4 - LX6 - do YOU use 'em?
(60 posts, started )
Quote from Hyperactive :LX4 is fun. LX6 is painful.

Real men drive LX6
The LX4 is very nice to drive, the LX6 feels a touch over-powered though. With the 4 if you're straight you're safe, with the 6 even once you've straightened up after a slow corner, you still have to use part throttle or you'll be fighting for a straight line.

I've no problems controlling the oversteer once it happen, however I still agree the cars feel quite edgy. But then they're known to be quite darty IRL anyway, so I've complaints with that really.
Quote from hrtburnout :Real men drive LX6

Well, I'm a hobbit who likes rwd cars with lots of power and good handling. That excludes car alikes like the LX6

Somehow the LX6 is too painful when using roadies and when using slicks it just has too much grip. The optimum woul be in the middle

EDIT: I just forced myself to try the LX6 again, now at Ky2. After 25 laps I can only say that I have never hated LFS so much
http://supervroum.noalia.net/c ... _de_vienne_voiture_18.wmv
http://supervroum.noalia.net/c ... en_ternois_voiture_18.wmv

I just hope that after the grip issues are solved we could drive LX4 like that. Just look how aggressively they can drive without the constant fear of loosing the tail.

Btw isn't the future (?) version LX8 a bit unrealistic? LX6 already is a race model but how does the specs compare with real life racing versions of Lotus 7 Westfield/Caterham/Locost?
Quote :Somehow the LX6 is too painful when using roadies and when using slicks it just has too much grip. The optimum woul be in the middle

maybe you're using too much lock on the differential (try something like 40% on power and 60% coast).... if you're trying locked diffs on lx6, just forget it
Well since I admin the Club LX West server. What car and track do you want it set for? I can set it and lock it if there are people that want to setup a race on it.

Right now its limited to LX4, LX6 and open for track and lap selection.
I tend to prefer the LX4, it's more in keeping with the original design and being lighter you can throw it around a bit more, best on shorter tracks.

Next week I'll be running an LX4 night for the AAL at South City Sprint Track 1, aussie racers only I'm afraid but it should be some great racing.
Quote from Gimpster :Well since I admin the Club LX West server. What car and track do you want it set for? I can set it and lock it if there are people that want to setup a race on it.

Right now its limited to LX4, LX6 and open for track and lap selection.

LX4 @ KY National
LX4 @ Fern Bay Green / Gold

Yeah Im Racing Them With Slickmod Right Now!!!
Come Join
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
In my opinion, the LX cars are the cars which lie between the single-seater and saloon car. Their handling is so original, I was thinking of forming an LX racing team, but I am not sure yet if I would make it LX cars only as that would seem unpopular or all cars but concentrate on LX cars only. If you think about it, if there were more LX leagues, they can be more popular. If you agree to my idea of having an LX based team, send me a PM .

LX4 - LX6 - do YOU use 'em?
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG