The online racing simulator
LX4 - LX6 - do YOU use 'em?
(60 posts, started )
I'm always wondering, where the hell are all the LXs online? I can't remember the last time i saw one on a server, it seems the only way to race one is to go on a 'all cars' server, i'm just wondering what people feel about the cars,

i really enjoy these little things, colin chapman was a bloody genius
#2 - D34N0
I try to drive them :rally_dri but it feels like rallyX sometimes

I was on a server last night friving the LX4 at Fern Bay Gold it was [dSRC] Battle Grounds #3

Great fun Guys
Find them a bit of a handfull atm, hopefully the next patch might tame them a bit. Thing is with that kind of Lotus 7 arrangement of car is that you kinda have to be there to get the best from them. They truly are man and machine combo with spicy wings that playing them through a screen just ain't gunna cut the mustard. I mean a car that held the 0-60 production car record for so long (Maybe it still does, but I would be surprised. It must have been supassed by now. 3.something seconds to get to 60mph. Thats enough to make your eyeballs ooze out your ears and your intenstines wrap around the exhaut pipe.) that to play it with the mouse means looking back the way you came more often than not . . .

Still, I have had a few goes and I can see they could be very rewarding one you get to grips with them . . .

I think many people feel the same, hence the lack of servers for them . .
#4 - JJ72
I don't have time to race and so my pace is a bit off right now, but whatever I have time I will load up the LXs and give them a good spin around Kyoto GP or Aston Historic, they are just so nice in a way that if you drive smoothly, they never bite and when you try to be a bit aggressive they get more and more intensive, hanging between turn in understeer and mid corner oversteer is really a nice feeling, arghhh and hear that engine revs up to 10000 rpm....
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
It's funny that everyone seems to be loving LX4/6 but the server admins seem to be hating...

LX4 & KY GP rev. Almost better than masturbation.
I think LX4 has just the best rear grip from all road races in LFS. LX6 is also fun and not very hard to drive, so I don't know what are you talking about.
LOL it was seeing the LX-4 in screenshots that made me get LFS in the first place. It's still my favorite car. yeah, i'd like to see more servers using it.
lol I'd like to see more people ON the servers I think Digiserve puts them on their servers from time to time (TBO4) and there's usually good racing there.
Also, the LX's are a blast in rally.
In the last few weeks I had many LX-Races, exspecially with the teams of Muroc, FAC and dSRC.

It's great fun to drive with those teams, even if they're much faster than me.
But hannu and Alles share their WR-Sets and help beginners every time, so even if I'm in the end of the field it's always a nice race.

So there are a few good LX-servers, not many, but enough to have good races.
#9 - avih
Quote from Funnybear :... I mean a car that held the 0-60 production car record for so long (Maybe it still does, but I would be surprised. It must have been supassed by now. 3.something seconds to get to 60mph. Thats enough to make your eyeballs ooze out your ears and your intenstines wrap around the exhaut pipe.) ...

I've done 0-60 MPH in less than 4s on a bike. It's nice but very managable, not like you're falling apart or something

and on topic, yeh, the LX cars are cool, wish there were more servers with them online. They go nicely with the raceabout btw.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
LX4 is fun. LX6 is painful.
deggis i dont think its the admins hating them , i think its just more likely that server will get more visitors if these cars arent selected ,like theafro said usually its an all car server (which means slowerguys alwys pick the faster car = disaster ) , but just recently in last couple of weeks, seems everyone is racing the LX4 and if the track is suitable when TBO is flavour , ill add some LX4 spice.
its great combination of vehicles TBO4, if not the best , great for new racers and veterans.
Yes, I drive LX4 & LX6.

[dSRC] Battle Grounds #3 has been on TBO+LX4 on Fern Bay Gold for the past week (or smth) and to my knowledge it's gonna stay there for the next few days.

There is also a dedicated LX-server: Club LX West (background info) that is on South City Long with LX4+LX6 atm.
also, with the coming races of nations cup, a (some?) server(s?) switched to lx4 @ so long, which is a very VERY nice combo. yet, the most players i saw there was less than 10... everyone loves the lx4, nobodys driving it...
#14 - Don
we are starting czech league with LX4 in few weeks
-
No not really, racing just isnt close enough for me, I mean they are fun and all, but everone is spending more time trying to stay under control than they are they are overtaking, the cars are just way to unpredictable, there is no feel for your grip level in those cars for some reason. Force Feedback needs to be more of a mix of the front and rear tyre traction than the front based system we have now for those cars to be drivable
Quote from Don :we are starting czech league with LX4 in few weeks

we have 2 races with the LX4 in the Dutch league aswell
-
Quote from Hyperactive :LX4 is fun. LX6 is painful.

lx6 is fun, lx4 is boring.
Quote :lx6 is fun, lx4 is boring.

did you try south city with its bumps? i can hardly imagine being bored, even in the lx4.
for you maybe its fun just to make the 6 go approximately where you'd like it to go, or maybe you are just a far better driver than me. i prefer closer racing in a tamer (not tame, mind you) car.
cheers
I went and drove the LX4 on a server after posting here. And yes, it is a good car, but for a mouser like me I just can't get the control in to get the most from the car. Plus the setups take a bit of tweakage to get right for a mouse . . .

Like I said, it feels like its a very rewarding car to drive, once you get it right. And it's the getting it right bit that causes problems . .
Quote from Fetzo :lx6 is fun, lx4 is boring.

LX6 is fun, LX4 is fun

Seriously, people always like one or the other :rolleyes:

Both are great cars! LX6 is way more fun on the faster tracks, the LX4 is catered a lot more to the old S1 tracks. LX6 is my favorite, but I gotta say the LX4 is really fun to throw around... and you can really 'punch' the throttle down in and out of corners and it gets some great grip.

like others said, [dSRC] is hosting FE Gold with the LX4 at the moment, and it is a good combo. We also raced at Aston National REV last friday, and that was boring, the car doesn't feel 'proper' there. Still, my point is, drive the cars on a track that is well suited to it. LX6 is fun everywhere, but LX4 there has to be some exceptions.

I've always been an LX fan in LFS, haven't liked any others as much as them I guess.

:eclipseeh:icon23:
Quote from Tweaker :We also raced at Aston National REV last friday, and that was boring, the car doesn't feel 'proper' there.

thats what you think!
Yes, but nowhere near as much as I'd like.

1) Usually can't find a server
2) If I do, it's a silly combo, like LX4 at Aston National reversed.... boring
3) If I start a server, no bugger joins and after an hour or so I get bored and do something else
Quote from Bob Smith :Yes, but nowhere near as much as I'd like.

1) Usually can't find a server
2) If I do, it's a silly combo, like LX4 at Aston National reversed.... boring
3) If I start a server, no bugger joins and after an hour or so I get bored and do something else

hhhmpff

i liked it.

bob, if you were to ask nicely im sure a dSRC member could set one of our servers to a combo of your liking. well i would! and hopefully you might get a few folk in that way.
I'm a huge lx fan, but don't get much chance for public server racing these days.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think the challenge of driving them is the whole attraction, it feels really good when you get it right. Yeah you'll probably get closer racing in the FOX because it's easy to drive, but it's so easy it's not particularly exciting.

I disagree; with the right setup the cars feel pretty good. You just have to be careful with the weight transfer, either letting the car settle before making any strong inputs, or accounting for the current balance of the car which is hard to do if you've just gone over a kerb or something.

Do you happen to use keyboard or wheel? I use a wheel, and ive tried a plethera of setups, ive done thousands of laps and i can just never get comfortable, and every time i race with them its a wreckfest, thats what i mean by poor racing, I love a challenge like the next guy, but only 2% of the LFS population can control them, but 90% try, and it just makes for poor racing. Much more with the LX6 than the 4, but cars like the FZ5 and GTT are much more fun for me personaly.

My biggest problem is I just really cant feel what those cars are doing, ever since S1 even, somthing just seems ..wrong...especially compaired to my experiances racing my car, i'm sure its just the nature of the beast, sim racing, but without that feel for what the car is doing its just to hard to predict oversteer.

(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG