The online racing simulator
What are Bangers?
(21 posts, started )
What are Bangers?
Ive seen banger layouts around this site but cant work out wot bangers are? is it a racing jargon for stock car? plz help this noob out, egghed6
Sausages!
It's a form of racing where almost everything is allowed. It is mostly driven on ovals/circles (I think) and the goal is still to win but you are allowed to wreck others.
Gang bang!
-
(Riders Motion) DELETED by Riders Motion : Not a good idea :x
#6 - CSU1
mmm...sausages

Now I'm hungry

Still...making cookies

DK
Dirty running.
Quote from JO53PHS :I found a video on Youtube for you: Banger Racing...

Ouch.. who in their right mind would ever volunteer to compete in a race like that? Some of those crashes looked pretty seriuos..

Therefore I think the best definition of bangers would be "crazy people who are in dire need of money/attention".
i think i got it. it's something like the racing games "flatout", right?
Flatout "bangs" man I spend hours playing F2...and it is the game that got me (inderectly) to LFS. In F2 I was just unable to powerslide properly, so I thought that a racing sim would be more appropriate...and it was

And that's how I got here....aaah, a little nostalgy.
#13 - dev
Damn you guys Now I'm hungry, and it's 1:38 were I live... Sigh! Guess food will wait until tomorow

:P
Yes, bangers are sausages. That is the first thing an English person would think when they see this thread title.

Also it's a crappy old car like students used to have when I was a student (late 80s / early 90s). One where you might need to kick it or hit the starter motor with a hammer before it would start. Or maybe you'd have to push it. And randomly things would not work and then they'd work again for no reason. And you'd just hope everything worked when you took the car for its annual MOT test. That is a banger.

These days in England students seem to have nice new looking cars because they have huge loans and massive debts, but 18 years ago we used to buy a car for £200 with bad paint, scratches and dents on it and we had to go down to the scrap yard (so called "breakers" but they never seemed to break down the car in those days) regularly and lie under a car in dog poo trying to get parts off another similar banger.
Quote from Scawen :... but 18 years ago we used to buy a car for £200 with bad paint, scratches and dents on it and we had to go down to the scrap yard (so called "breakers" but they never seemed to break down the car in those days) regularly and lie under a car in dog poo trying to get parts off another similar banger.

sounds like you have some experience with that
Quote from Scawen :
These days in England students seem to have nice new looking cars because they have huge loans and massive debts, but 18 years ago we used to buy a car for £200 with bad paint, scratches and dents on it and we had to go down to the scrap yard (so called "breakers" but they never seemed to break down the car in those days) regularly and lie under a car in dog poo trying to get parts off another similar banger.

Erm.. Im part of this group still?

1991 Vauxhall Nova - £300
Quote from Scawen :Yes, bangers are sausages. That is the first thing an English person would think when they see this thread title.

Also it's a crappy old car like students used to have when I was a student (late 80s / early 90s). One where you might need to kick it or hit the starter motor with a hammer before it would start. Or maybe you'd have to push it. And randomly things would not work and then they'd work again for no reason. And you'd just hope everything worked when you took the car for its annual MOT test. That is a banger.

A glimpse into the inner workings of Scawen...
Quote from Scawen :

Arent you describing all renaults?

What are Bangers?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG