The online racing simulator
Best sim but....
(16 posts, started )
Best sim but....
So I won't get flamed too much, let me just say that I purchased S1 and then S2 (almost the day it was released). I totally support the small teams made up of guys who love racing for guys (and gals) who love racing. Now if AutoSimSport wants to give S2 the award for sim of the year, then congratulations.

My only complaint at this point is that the ai cars do not pit on their own. And IMHO this removes an important aspect of the sim. I know that it is coming in a future update, but when you consider that other sims do this already, it brings into question the decision.

Racing online is easy as pie with LFS and I've had few technical problems. I have also raced against my son over LAN. But many of us enjoy single player races that have some length to them. Requiring pit stops for tire and fuel changes adds to the experience greatly. If this were something new, I'd say don't gig LFS. But since it has been part of sims for years, it doesn't seem that great a request.

So, that's my opinion. I'm sure many won't agree. But there are some out there who understand what I'm saying and would see this addition as a major improvement.

(gulp)
keep in mind that S2 isnt even full LFS, the game is just being made 3 full stages, each stage with more cars and tracks (when S3 is out, we will all be using same program, only difference will be which cars you have payed for)

as for the AI, they still havent been fixed and just run as they did back in S1; hopefully full S2 will be completed within the next year (possibly if we are lucky, even this year) but we just dont know.. just gotta wait it out
i just think the AI isnt as important as some of the physics updates or whatever it is that the man is doing, i believe it wont be that hard to make them pit and refine their behaviour on track, its just not as important as some other things in the to do list.
I agree with you but thread like this already exist.
i'm 100% sure a thread like this already exists
Are you really really really sure?

The problems with the AI are known but they aren't high (my guess, I may be wrong) in the devs to-do list.

PS. High nose bug Yes, lol at me
That's unfortunate because I think LFS physics are top notch and can go head to head with any other sim out there. We have the FF, the smooth online play, etc. Would be great if fixing the single player offline experience was given as much precedence as the other fixes in progress.
Quote from joeynuggetz :That's unfortunate because I think LFS physics are top notch and can go head to head with any other sim out there.

they may be more advanced than most games... but they arent 100% real.. more like 60% imo ... besides aero and damage
Personally I wouldn't care in the slightest if the AI were removed from the game entirely.
AI is important, no doubt. And the more real, the better. For instance, it would offer newbiew a great chance to practice offline (in traffic) before coming online and causing first turn mayhem and getting kicked and banned.

It would also offer those who are intimidated by online play a chance to fully enjoy LFS. Please keep in mind that not everyone likes to go online.

So... AI's are important and again, the more "real" they drive and behave, the bigger is the chance that all those offline players in the end start going online
The only use for the AI for me was that when I was still new to this game, I drove behind them to learn the basic lines and brakepoints for a track. Otherwise, they were quite useless because racing against the AI and racing online are not comparable in any way.
Does anyone actually use the AI?, or race offline for anything other than HL purposes?, I think a poll is in order for that question TBH.

I don't think its of top importance because that is not one of LFS's goals, LFS is predominatly an online racing sim, therefore the use of AI doesnt really come under LFS's remit.

Dan,
I used to think that the A.I. was horribly stupid and totally unrealistic.
After a few weeks of driving on a real life "high speed circuit" (the freeway)
I realized that the A. I. might need to be dummied down some more.......
Quote from tailing :Personally I wouldn't care in the slightest if the AI were removed from the game entirely.

+1 :sleep1:
i use the AI because.
Im on 56k so i cant race online whenever i want to.
Because im on 56k when i do race online there is always the lag to deal with.
AI dont want to restart after every racing accident.
Quote from sil3ntwar :i use the AI because.
Im on 56k so i cant race online whenever i want to.
Because im on 56k when i do race online there is always the lag to deal with.
AI dont want to restart after every racing accident.

LFS can reasonably handle high ping times (even up to 350ms) without big issues. On this aspect, LFS has IMO the best multiplayer system ever.

You just need to be a bit more careful on race starts, but anyway, it's not the 1st turn that make the winner.

Quote :Does anyone actually use the AI?,

Well, single player is actually a bit out of the scope of LFS, but to make the newcomers interested, it may be useful.

Best sim but....
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG