The online racing simulator
Deadly Ferrari accident in Warsaw
(60 posts, started )
On 27.02.2008 at 22:00 Maciej Zientarski (tv motorisation journalist) was driving probably borrowed Ferrari 360 Modena.
At over 200km/h he jumped from a big 'bump' on the road and hitted a concrete pillar.
A passenger, a friend of him (press motorisation journalist), Jarosław Zabiega burned alive. Maciej is in hospital after several operations, still unqonscious and heavily injured.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
That's a pretty strange looking "closed test track" if you ask me...
Complete idiot.

Too bad for the friend.
The fact that he is still even alive after that kind of an accident is nothing short of amazing. Ferrari should use that in their ads. "Our cars are so safe, even if they completely disintegrate, there is a chance you will still be alive."
My god, there's nothing left of that car..
Closed test track my arse.
well
#8 - ajp71
How he survived is beyond me, a clear demonstration of how a fast car can be lethal in the wrong hands. Before bashing into him on this one it does look like a quiet dual carriageway, who here wouldn't be tempted to put their foot down and lets face it 120mph is nothing in such a powerful car.
A street was closed for investigation purpouse. They even don't know for 100% who was a driver, it was so smashed.

The passenger was alive after crash too. He even screamed for help but fire was too big...

The place is very dangerous. Some time ago young man killed himself there the same way. And when his friends came there to fire a light for him, another car hit them, so one or both were killed.

That's what is going to happen if you swear about this 'stupid 50km/h restriction on this great wide road'. One bump on this road was too big for several people.
Quote from pasibrzuch :
That's what is going to happen if you swear about this 'stupid 50km/h restriction on this great wide road'. One bump on this road was too big for several people.

Well if it was in a 50km/h section that changes things a lot seeing as one should never be doing 4 times the speed limit, however ridiculously slow they may be set.
ouch
Blimey.
It looks completely disintegrated, but I wonder how much was chopped up to get the 2 people out. The way it is there, nobody could even be trapped.

Stupid accident, but then most of them are.
You said that there was another guy caught in the same place by that bump, then why the hell dont they get rid of the bump? Even if there is a limit on a road like that, they cant expect everyone to stick to it. If 2 cars have crashed because of speeding+the bump, then they should flatten it out imo.
If they wanted to get rid of the Ferrari, they could've just sent it to me
#16 - JJ72
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You said that there was another guy caught in the same place by that bump, then why the hell dont they get rid of the bump? Even if there is a limit on a road like that, they cant expect everyone to stick to it. If 2 cars have crashed because of speeding+the bump, then they should flatten it out imo.

I actually think they should have made the bump bigger so people stop acting silly.

Pity, being burned alive is the worst way to die.
The road issue should be fixed by the government since the death rates raised due to that "bump". Was it there on purpose? or just the place is a tad too bumpy?
Bloody hell, that's quite scary. I can have little sympathy for the driver, but the passenger I really feel sorry for. This is one of the main reasons I refuse to get in a fast car with anyone I don't trust.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You said that there was another guy caught in the same place by that bump, then why the hell dont they get rid of the bump? Even if there is a limit on a road like that, they cant expect everyone to stick to it. If 2 cars have crashed because of speeding+the bump, then they should flatten it out imo.

I like cars and driving fast and get pissed off by low speed limits but I really don't see the argument that because a road is dangerous at four times the speed limit it has to be changed.
Quote from JJ72 :Pity, being burned alive is the worst way to die.

plus choking (drowning), and getting caught in a press...
dear God, that car is totally pulverized! how the hell is he still alive?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :...then why the hell dont they get rid of the bump? Even if there is a limit on a road like that, they cant expect everyone to stick to it.

LOL that is such a dumb comment so by your reasoning every residential road should be upgraded to an international raceway standard because we can't expect young people to stick to the speed limit ROFL scary thing is I don't think your alone in the way you think
Quote from Glenn67 : LOL that is such a dumb comment so by your reasoning every residential road should be upgraded to an international raceway standard because we can't expect young people to stick to the speed limit ROFL scary thing is I don't think your alone in the way you think

It's not necessarily that dumb of a comment. If that Ferrari went flying while going 4 times the speed limit, it's possible that it will launch a motorcycle just as easily when he's going only twice the limit. And on a motorcycle that's easy to do...

Just because the speed limit on a road is 25 mph, doesn't mean that the road shouldn't be relatively safe to drive on at 35... in fact - it would be ridiculously stupid if it was designed that way.

Still though, if anything - if you're going to do that with your Ferrari, at the very least do it on a road you're familiar with - or drive the road once a bit slower to make sure there aren't any "bumps."
Quote from Stang70Fastback :It's not necessarily that dumb of a comment. If that Ferrari went flying while going 4 times the speed limit, it's possible that it will launch a motorcycle just as easily when he's going only twice the limit. And on a motorcycle that's easy to do...

What planet are you on? Would you go over a speed bump at 60mph on a bike or 120mph in a car?
maybe it's not a speed bump but just a bump.

(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG