The online racing simulator
Screen flicker
(4 posts, started )
Screen flicker
I've now got this weird problem with LFS since I swapped from my Intergrated GeForce 4 MX 420 to a AGP one (found it while tidying up :razz. It's the same card but now the screen randomly flickers in LFS. It's like a whitish colour it flickers with. My refersh rate is 75 hertz which is the same as my monitor setting. I run no AA or AF and this problem doesn't appear to happen in any other games.

ForceWare version : 81.98

Anyone got any ideas ??

Cheers
Keiran
Well, as the card was apparently in dirty places (), maybe it's broken alltogether? Does it make any difference performance wise (compared to the integrated chip)? If no, why bother with the AGP one?

Also, don't be this cheap and shell out a few £££ to buy a decent card. Really, almost anything than is better than a GF4MX.
What kind of main system memory are you using compared to the type of memory on the gfx card? I had an old system with 11 mb onboard that I ran S1 demo on. I thought putting the 16 mb card I had from work would be better and ran S1 and NR2002 for months that way, though not with the greatest performance. When I got a newer PC, I pulled the card and reworked the old PC for the kids. The 5 yr old wanted to race, so I loaded up the old S1 for her and found that using the onboard was better. This was due to the system memory being much faster than the older gfx card memory. So, this may even be the case for you swapping from onboard to the card if the card is much older than the main system.
Well my system RAM is 512mb DDR and the AGP graphics card memory is 64mb. The internal graphics card uses 128mb of system RAM. Since putting the AGP card in my computer has run better now it has 512mb RAM instead of the 384mb of RAM. It's weird that rFactor and other games run as normal but on LFS the screen flickers Guess I'll have to swap back to the internal graphics card as I can't go without LFS

I'm not bothering to upgrade my graphics card because I'm stuck with going for an AGP card when the PCI-E ones seem to be cheaper I'm hoping to build a new system soon and get a PCI-E card.

Keiran

Screen flicker
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG