The online racing simulator
Idiot Kids Nearly Kill Themselves Trying To Drift
They probably just finished watching The Fast And The Furious. Hopefully the driver sustained severe testicular trauma, thereby rendering him unable to add his Stupid to the gene pool.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_8401030

Quote :Speeding teens survive plunge off cliff
By Joey Bunch
The Denver Post

Three 16-year-olds were injured when their sedan flipped on a sharp curve and tumbled into a ravine off U.S. 36 in Boulder County this afternoon.
The driver was attempting a drag-racing maneuver called a drift, according to the Colorado State Patrol. A drift involves a fast-moving driver slamming on his brake and skidding his car sideways around a sharp curve.
In this case, the driver went over the guard rail backwards and flipped two and half times down a 200-foot embankment.
"He apparently didn't do it very well," Trooper Gilbert Mares said of the driver's attempted drift.
All three teens were wearing seat belts, but the driver was airlifted to St. Anthony's Hospital in Denver with serious injuries.
His two passengers were taken by ambulance to Longmont United Hospital with minor to moderate injuries, Mares aid.
Though the case is still under investigation, the driver will likely be charged with reckless driving "at a minimum," Mares said.

Trooper Mares is clearly a genius. I can't believe the CSP hasn't promoted him for his crack investigative skills.
Good news, hovercat is amused...or something...may I just point out
"The driver was attempting a drag-racing maneuver called a drift, according to the Colorado State Patrol. A drift involves a fast-moving driver slamming on his brake and skidding his car sideways around a sharp curve."
Hooray for journalists not knowing shit.
Well, that was flamebait if I ever saw it.
Hahaha, the journalist's knowledge of drifting makes me laugh

Sorry to hear about the kids injurys, but its there own fault for trying such a dangerous manouvere (sp..) on such a dangerous road. What makes it worse is that there all 16, so i bet they dont have a slither of driving experience between them.
the kid is stupid, but the journalist is clueless...
Quote from dumbass journalist : The driver was attempting a drag-racing maneuver called a drift

lolz
Your eyes are fine, DWB.
Quote :drag-racing maneuver called a drift

LOL, wow.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

Sorry to hear about the kids injurys, but its there own fault for trying such a dangerous manouvere (sp..) on such a dangerous road. What makes it worse is that there all 16, so i bet they dont have a slither of driving experience between them.

Ya agreed
Drifting is a motor sport that is a form of artwork; idiotic kiddies with their gay nissan sentra showin' off and screaming "DORIFTOO" is just plain wrong. If I had a gun I would murder them...
Quote from anik360 :Drifting is a motor sport that is a form of artwork; idiotic kiddies with their gay nissan sentra showin' off and screaming "DORIFTOO" is just plain wrong. If I had a gun I would murder them...

That's even more wrong...
What good does murdering do? I mean they have a family don't they? You should kill them off too since they might be suffering from the loss of their child . Sure, some of them are really idiotic but some others gave in to peer pressure or are curious to see what drifting is like so should you kill those kids too?

Anyways, that journalist is going to be my favorite idiot for the time being . Sucks that he didn't do enough research (or did he even bother to do any?)
If I have learned one thing about you 'mericans in internet-forums, it is that some of you hand out death penalties quite easily. Even though I think (and hope) it was meant in a jovial manner, it still makes the person to do so even more retarted than the kids in the sedan...

On a sidenote, I am somehow relieved that atlantian posted, as weird as that sounds... Dunno why, but I somehow feel that he would be capable of something like that too.

And concerning the journalist: That's most likely what the police told him, he didn't dig it up himself. As I am a newspaper-journalist myself, I know that some sources, like police officials, are generally not double checked, especially if it is a rather trivial matter like that. Not that he shouldn't have checked it, but a story of this "grandeur" really isn't worth to spend more time than 30 minutes to both research and write it. The jobs stressing enough as it is
Was it front wheel drive lol?
Bet they don't play LFS if they did they would have pulled it off.

Actually they would be too busy drifting in LFS.
Quote from Luke.S :Bet they don't play LFS if they did they would have pulled it off.

Of course they would, as sliding around a fictional car, on a fictional prepared surface, where there's no danger of actually injuring yourself really promotes successfully pulling off a stupid stunt like that.

Go give it a go and let us know how you get on...
#14 - aoun
Quote : "He apparently didn't do it very well,"

Oh really??? lol, that explains the crash..
Quote from JamesF1 :Of course they would, as sliding around a fictional car, on a fictional prepared surface, where there's no danger of actually injuring yourself really promotes successfully pulling off a stupid stunt like that.

Go give it a go and let us know how you get on...

Look at the second part i edited in after.
Quote from Scatter :That's even more wrong...
What good does murdering do? I mean they have a family don't they? You should kill them off too since they might be suffering from the loss of their child . Sure, some of them are really idiotic but some others gave in to peer pressure or are curious to see what drifting is like so should you kill those kids too?

Doesn't really make a difference, don't you think? If they are dumb enough to do it once, they'll do it again, just more prepared (thus deadly) next time... Who says other people won't have to suffer then? At least he's offering a clean way to do it without hurting innocent bystanders... And showing no backbone when it's your responsibility to care for your passengers is no excuse either...
#17 - DeKo
"The driver was attempting a drag-racing maneuver called a drift"

eh? xD
Damn! That driver should have managed to kill himself. Stupid idiots doing dangerous things on the public roads.

I was hoping the guy in the vid would roll the car.

Thank the maker neither of them hit any innocent bystanders.
Thats how the pro's drag race. I thought drifting was a whole different kind of racing guess i was wrong. In the vid thats called losing control of your car and crashing into a ditch drifting is where you are still in full control of your car.
I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time trying to visualize a top fuel dragster drifting while traveling in a straight line for about 4 seconds.
lol and now for the mid race show. Drifting at 300mph btw racer y your 2 posts away from 1000 posts congrats you officially have no life lol.
Quote from Luke.S :lol and now for the mid race show. Drifting at 300mph btw racer y your 2 posts away from 1000 posts congrats you officially have no life lol.

:rolleyes: He has less than half the number of posts per day than you do.
Quote from Lateralus ::rolleyes: He has less than half the number of posts per day than you do.

lol mind u he joined in 2003 so. lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG