The online racing simulator
Car Parts Upgrade
(39 posts, started )
Quote from Gekkibi :No. Rich bastards?

Erm...well, he seems to have a fascination with a sign that says "Cocks drive Porsches" lol...he puts it on the wall whenever May arrives in a Porsche
Quote from johnr32 :Im afraid i have to disagree with parts upgrading..this is a racing simulator, theres no such thing as upgrading parts IRL races, just tuning here and there. I think its nice enough as it is.

Disagree that there's no such thing as upgrading parts in real life (if there wasn't why do all teams spend money on developing new parts that provide more downforce, more power, less drag and weigh less?), but agree in general that in LFS everyone should be driving cars with identical technical specs. Only the setups should be different (and in some cases having identical specs can be great fun, like DSR's spec Formula BMW series, where we all had to run very similar setups).
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Erm...well, he seems to have a fascination with a sign that says "Cocks drive Porsches" lol...he puts it on the wall whenever May arrives in a Porsche

Didn't knew that one. To sitate movie "Armageddon":
Quote :No, I have never seen Star Wars

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, but something as small as the XRT would hardly be allowed slicks? IDK...

The XRT is based on the Starion, right? Well the Starion was a big competitor in Group A leagues, which IIRC were only allowed road tyres...I think

I dont give much thought of racing slicks accualy, but different tyres for different tracks:

Normals/supers = race track
Dirt/hybrid = rally
???/supers = Drag
???/??? = drifting

And for those who don't give a f*ck about drifters, couse it is not a motor sport, tel that to the players, teams, event hosters, who consentrate on drift.
Me personaly dont care much about Drag, but I know the tracks are there :P
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :I dont give much thought of racing slicks accualy, but different tyres for different tracks:

Normals/supers = race track
Dirt/hybrid = rally
???/supers = Drag
???/??? = drifting

There is no such thing as a "drift" track. And I'm sure any drifter worth their weight in piss can drift on road tyres or slicks. We have road and rally tracks, so the non gtr cars have road tyres and rally tyres. GTR cars are racing cars, so they shouldn't have rally tyres...

As for drag tyres, I'm quite happy using road tyres on road cars...

Quote from =Wolf=[NO] : And for those who don't give a f*ck about drifters, couse it is not a motor sport, tel that to the players, teams, event hosters, who consentrate on drift.

Calm down, no-one said anything about drifters...
Personally. I don`t do drifting, and I never, ever will drift. Not even for fun !

But I find it very, very good, indeed, that Lfs provides the drifters with opportunities to do "their things".
whats a driversand drifter?
Quote from Scrabby :whats a driversand drifter?

its a typo srry its drivers and drifters
and then there will be classes for diffrent tuners and racers
instead of racin a noob and your at the highest class things will be evened out. there fore you wont have to complain that he has more parts or has more exp
This is starting to sound like WoW...

Car Parts Upgrade
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG