The online racing simulator
Bah, just blame it on the leap year, thats what i'd do
Quote from danowat :Dunno, I'll give it a few days.

Not sure why I thought it was this week, damn, I can't believe I am a week ahead.........

Valentines... That day is good for nothing
So who's up for a few laps practice tonight?

I'll be on by about 19:00 GMT i should think.
#29 - Vain
I'll try to come online too, but I only have a very vague understanding of my timetable this evening.

Vain
Actually, scratch that, forgot that UTD were playing tonight, so thats much more important
Im gonna make it for this round sorry for absence Dano!
#32 - bozo
Quote from danowat :Oppps, my bad.

It seems I have made an error, and am a week ahead, so disregard the PM's I sent out.

Phew! I just saw the PM and thought I'd made a big mistake. Glad we've still got a week to go.
#33 - Vain
I've done some practice and did a 2:51.9 with the outlook to low 2:51 times.
My set isn't yet complete, but I'll share it anyway so some of you have a basis to start with. You can get the current version of my set here.
See you next week.

Oh, and P1lot, nice racing today.

Vain
#34 - bozo
I practiced today, down to 2:56.1, which is less than 3 secs off RAC WR so encouraging for me. Pity the RAC is so much slower than the FZ5 around here, although I'm sure Hannu may disagree.
not sure if its a dissapointment or an encouragement but pielot does 2:50:9 with his RAC
#36 - Vain
Yep, at Fe Black the RAC is actually quicker than the FZ5 by a fair margin - just look at how twisty the track is. None of the quick RAC drivers wanted to put their cards on the table yet though.
Before the hotlaps were reset the RAC had a 2 seconds advantage over the FZ5. So when a FZ5 can do a 2:49 on this track the RAC will end up with a 2:47 WR in a few months.

And btw, p1lot's 2:50 laps are done including the ballast. Would like some more salt in that wound?

Vain
I'll start my practice now. Anyone wants to join?

Edit: hm, server is passworded... I'm on "Elite [3] - Test" with lococost and wimpie

Edit: tough track, my best so far is 2:54.74. Still have some work to do on the setup but I don't see how it can be much better than that...
i just havent practised at all soo this will be a OrB normallity
#39 - bozo
Quote from Vain :And btw, p1lot's 2:50 laps are done including the ballast. Would like some more salt in that wound?

Oh boy, depression has set in. I guess at least I know at which end of the grid I'll be then .

I think a bit more practice will need to be done. If its true that the RAC will be quicker (although current WR contradicts this) then I have a chance of mixing it with some FZs. Knocking 3 or 4 secs off my laptime shouldn't be beyond possibilities if I review some replays and get a few more laps under my belt.
Quote from bozo :Oh boy, depression has set in. I guess at least I know at which end of the grid I'll be then .

I think a bit more practice will need to be done. If its true that the RAC will be quicker (although current WR contradicts this) then I have a chance of mixing it with some FZs. Knocking 3 or 4 secs off my laptime shouldn't be beyond possibilities if I review some replays and get a few more laps under my belt.

not if 4 fz samdwich you cos this track is tight .
#41 - bozo
Quote from jwardy :not if 4 fz samdwich you cos this track is tight .

If I'm in the midst of some FZs during the race then I'll be happy. I just want to make sure I'm competitive enough to have some close racing.

The bridge section should be interesting. The FZ may pull away a little, but the straight is not too long therefore the RAC should be able to stay in contention, and possibly pass under braking for the right hander.
I am just hoping my "no practice = good result" scheme is going to hold water this time round.......
... then you're braver than I am.
No practice = where's the limit = hello barrier
Thats what qualification is for
Quote from danowat :I am just hoping my "no practice = good result" scheme is going to hold water this time round.......

+1.
#46 - Vain
I just did a 30 minutes race and pulled a 2:51.24 with the set I posted earlier (for those who missed it: Click!) The tyres did suffer a lot though because the car only goes that fast when you slide it (...thanks LFS tyre physics!).
...3 more tenths and I can start bullying P1lot...
.. ... "Be afraid! The thousand (-fourhundret) kilos of the FZ5 will descend upon you!!"

Vain
Good luck tonight fellas, as I said in the first post, Hannu has it all wrapped up but the next 5-6 places are up for grabs.

Also, in the team champ 1st is between Muroc and SDI, Cp (or My3id now) will be 3rd, but 4th, 5th and 6th are open.

And in the other stats and standings, I reckon Finland will come 1st, and the UK will be 2nd, and the RAC will win the constructors champ

Looking forward to tonight, should be an interesting race
hmm interesting, only 11 trained online. Laziness or hidden strategy? we'll find out after this short message
Quote from lococost :hmm interesting, only 11 trained online. Laziness or hidden strategy? we'll find out after this short message

Well I've been very busy practicing for different leagues like IGTC and GTTC.
Quote from Tobsen00 :i reveal my strategy:
- let them think you did no train
- show slight activity (in forums or anywhere)
now you are like Terminator in a pink dress from the thirties with a pink umbrella to them, they do not fear you. But the devil is still inside!
- drive qualify with 100% fuel and 7,4% intake restriction
don't forget to put in some wall-contacts (if possible) and spins
- prepare for race, set right fuel and set intake restriction back to zero
- if the lights go green, throw your hat and umbrella away, race is on.

Now it is YOUR race! YOU have nothing to fear, YOU have nothing to loose! Go and get them!

Great strategy, but it won't work for me. I can't show up for this event. Have a good race, will be the last in this season.
Tobsen

nooooooo dont leave me to be the only OrB , o well ... hope to see you back soon .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG