The online racing simulator
Car Parts Upgrade
(39 posts, started )
Car Parts Upgrade
I think that there should be parts to upgrade your car with.You got to win from races and bets for more parts.People cant stop talking about a drift car. Its better if they bulid it and be happy and drag racers and driversand drifters will be too
+1 But only if it is the licensed who can mod their cars

Seriously though. The career mode was scrapped for a reason. So why bring another one?
i like this idea but it would be such a big job i highly doubt it will ever be done to lfs, plus it would screw up the whole WR times etc
Im afraid i have to disagree with parts upgrading..this is a racing simulator, theres no such thing as upgrading parts IRL races, just tuning here and there. I think its nice enough as it is.
Quote from johnr32 :Im afraid i have to disagree with parts upgrading..this is a racing simulator, theres no such thing as upgrading parts IRL races, just tuning here and there. I think its nice enough as it is.

Yes !

Tuning the actual engine parts, could be a good update, sometime.

Never ever the "part" business, and I don`t hink it will be done
#6 - DeMS
It's a good idea as meaning tuning certain parts of the cars, but always offline or on a non-competitive racing environment to keep a ground level to give equal chances to everyone.

For the OT's question, I think what he means is having specific upgrades so cars can drift and/or drag better, like giving bigger wheels to a car to be a good dragger, or something alike about drifting cars.

As much as I would see that as a step towards making the product more complete and catering a wider range of public, I am worried that it would take a lot of precious time from the main product's focus, and I don't think this would happen any time soon, but it still is a good idea for a future 'expansion' of sorts.
-400 billion to this idea and to every other thread that's mentioned this very same idea over the past 4+ years while at the same time thinking it was the first time anyone had thought of it

This isn't Gran Turismo or NFS and I hope it never goes down the "win money = fastest car" route that those games own.

Not that I don't mind if the cars looks more "tuned up", however that changes only appearance (The reason why upgrade parts shouldn't improve performance is proved earlier), and you can do much with skins alone...
#9 - Woz
-1. When I win a race I want to know I beat the other drivers because of skill, not because I had better parts in my car.

Might be a fun OFFLINE option BUT would slow dev on LFS down EVEN MORE and would be of limited appeal once you had all the parts.

Online all it would do is make the life of an LFS noob even harder because they would need to get all the parts to compete and have a chance. A real catch 22 situation.

NO NO NO NO NO
I don`t think you got the message.

Yoy should NOT be able to add parts, but just tune up the existing parts and bits of the engine.

It could be really fun, if you could drill holes in the carbody, to save weigth, and the possibilty og damaging the car

That is done in the real world, and I could not see what should keep it from being done in a car simulator !?

All the extras, as the guy in the first post mentions, I am strongly against. But the real deal - NOT !
Quote from alland44 :I don`t think you got the message.

Yoy should NOT be able to add parts, but just tune up the existing parts and bits of the engine.

Also been mentioned more than once (search for "tuning", you'll see it, although you've been around long enough to have seen just about every tuning thread in this section ) and it's also been met with the same sort of resistance.

Regardless of whether you're adding totally new parts or just tweaking existing parts (which is almost the same thing), tuning has never been viewed as a good idea for inclusion in LFS by anything close to the majority of LFS players. Even a quick glance at an existing thread about tuning should give a clear indication of the objections to it, not the least of which has to do with the time Scavier would need to design, test & implement any new parts or tuning options.

Trust me, everyone here has got the "message", and more than once too
no, this is not NFS or GT4.
No.
*** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT ***

Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

So how about you just drive the cars you have and I dunno, bang a metal trash can lid with your face to simulate the noise of a pointless "masseev zorst!!1111"

*** C&P END *** C&P END *** C&P END ***

Must be Monday...
If you have a good car and some newbies start to play,
then they have no chances.
O NOEZ , ANOTHER NEED FOR SPEED TREAD

Only logical "upgrade"
I would like more tyre choises:

Drift: a harder rubber, less gripp, not overheated that fast(can take higher temp.)

Drag: a Softer rubber (more grip, but won't last long due high Temp.)

We do have Rally tyres, since it is used in lfs, but with Drag tracks, we kinda miss it(unless you go for R-cars), and the drift community in lfs is kinda big?

I also wouldlike to finetune the Turbo in engines(where the boost goes):
More power in lower register, but will flaten out rather fast
or
More power in high register, but will be weak in lower rpm
or
Even curve trhough out the whole register(as now)

This is only a idea, but the tyres is something that won't have any effect on racing after my knowlege?
Tyre choices are one of the most important choices in a race. Imagine doing 20 laps on space savers and you'll see what I mean

IRL, the only tyre choices available to these cars would probably be pretty similar to what he have now, although it would be nice to be able to modify tyre width and profile...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Tyre choices are one of the most important choices in a race. Imagine doing 20 laps on space savers and you'll see what I mean

IRL, the only tyre choices available to these cars would probably be pretty similar to what he have now, although it would be nice to be able to modify tyre width and profile...

I belive we got much more choices IRL regarding tyres for a car like XRT, like slicks for example(just not in the streets:razz

Tyre with is also something that would be nice to edit, but for the simplisity, Tyre type is the way to go imo
im thinking that you could upgrade every car with gtr parts etc...not any tuner bling bling parts. and of course it would limit the demo cars to 1 or demoers couldnt modify their cars
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :I belive we got much more choices IRL regarding tyres for a car like XRT, like slicks for example(just not in the streets:razz

Tyre with is also something that would be nice to edit, but for the simplisity, Tyre type is the way to go imo

IRL, we wouldn't be allowed to have slicks on something like the XRT, AFAIK they're only allowed on GTR series cars...but they would be cool
Quote from dougie-lampkin :IRL, we wouldn't be allowed to have slicks on something like the XRT, AFAIK they're only allowed on GTR series cars...but they would be cool

Depends on a cup. I can use slicks on my Porsche when racing. However, I would have to change normal tyres after race if I am going to use it on the streets (And I would, because I have only one car).
Yes, but something as small as the XRT would hardly be allowed slicks? IDK...

The XRT is based on the Starion, right? Well the Starion was a big competitor in Group A leagues, which IIRC were only allowed road tyres...I think
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, but something as small as the XRT would hardly be allowed slicks? IDK...

The XRT is based on the Starion, right? Well the Starion was a big competitor in Group A leagues, which IIRC were only allowed road tyres...I think

XRT is XRG with turbo, and XRG is (at least partly) based on Porsche 944 N/A. Because of that, XRT is (at least partly) based on Porsche 951. And if you look at my avatar, you will see... :P
But it looks so much like a Starion! Meh, I still think the road cars should keep the road tyres. Or maybe make it a server option to allow slicks on road cars...

Nice Porsche btw (You know who drive Porsches according to Clarkson? :razz

Car Parts Upgrade
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG