In The New Version
(51 posts, started )

Poll : what do you think of the new version Y

i like it, best one yet
ok
not that good
went back to the previous version
#26 - mr_x
Quote from Gekkibi :And I bet those 3 who re-started to use older version are demo-users? (Hint: XRT)

Either that or they're S2 users who don't want a flaming banana...

my problem is that I don't particularly care what people think of me... LFS is totally unplayable for me due to getting about 3fps most the time
What is bad about patch Y is that demoers effectively now have four cars, supposing they have a copy of patch X and Y
Crap, I voted not that good, but I was thinking that was about his suggestion...

And as everyone knows, every update is the best!
Quote from orange101 :In the new version of live for speed the should get back the turbo car and also make it you are able to change the time of day ( sunrise, day, sunset and night) and you shouldalso be albe to turn on your lights and keep them on. They should still keep the manual trany i think that they did a good job on that but they should still see if they are able to make the proper automatic trany for if you just wont to cruse a round before you go and race.

You could start out, buying the s1 version. Then you`ll get the Xrt back, and then save up money for the S2 version.
Quote from JO53PHS :What is bad about patch Y is that demoers effectively now have four cars, supposing they have a copy of patch X and Y

they probibly figure while they're at it, patch X is out dated and the go and crack the game and get all the cars
Quote from orange101 :In the new version of live for speed the should get back the turbo car and also make it you are able to change the time of day ( sunrise, day, sunset and night) and you shouldalso be albe to turn on your lights and keep them on. They should still keep the manual trany i think that they did a good job on that but they should still see if they are able to make the proper automatic trany for if you just wont to cruse a round before you go and race.

The turbo car is still in live for speed - I have it, If you are referring to the XRT, Just buy S2 License.

You can change the time of day but not to the extent of night AFAIK you don't really need night, but it would be a nice feature.

LFS is for racing - No need to turn on your lights and keep them on in daylight?

There is an automatic setting which you can use if you don't like manual even though race cars dont have automatics.
Aug 2006 to Feb 2008 = 18 months. Plenty of time to save around 60 AUD to get the XRT back (you only needed to put away $3.34 a month) I reckon in the short time Patch Y has been out you possibly could have saved that much anyway. But if you're in school and can't work full time there are still plenty of ways to make money. Just remember to stick to the legal ones
I wounder why they removed the XRT :tired:
:uglyhamme
#34 - DeMS

Being a Demo Racer not too far away in time myself, I rather preferred having the demonstration version the way it is now than how it was before that, since, as it has been said a thousand times, now it does represent the game as a whole, without having restricted classes.

Yes, you lose the XRT, but you have a representation of the whole range of cars (FWD, RWD and Open Wheelers/Single Seaters), being limited enough so you can learn how they handle and thus making an educated buy, which is mostly the purpose of any demo of a game.

About changing the time of the day, it's already there. If you were suggesting dinamic timeline for day/night transitions, it would be a good idea for a 'screenshot generator' as Scawen often refers to games that are focused on graphics a little bit too much and would add little into gameplay (except endurance races). Dinamic weather would be a far better addition to the gameplay instead and would make each race unique.

The way gears are being changed is something that might feed the discussion, but on overall I think that manual shifting is much more prone to represent the racing community and the simulator's goal than automatic would do. In any way, though, it would be a nice addition to immersion if a very limited range of cars had it, albeit cutting down the effectiveness of the car at throttle (they may not be as fast as the manual counterparts) and substitute the auto gearing option on the options menu.

My 2 cents :]
arox>

It is said thousand times, but you are retarded and you wont get it till 2011.
Quote from uttoro :arox>

It is said thousand times, but you are retarded and you wont get it till 2011.

Rofl, how mean!
Quote from farcar :If LFS was a driving simulator I would agree with you.
However it's a racing simulator and there is no need for an automatic transmission because nobody would race a car with one in real life.

Apparently you've never been to the land of automatics. (US) Most of the people into driving fast have manuals, but in a world of 90% automatics quite a few pop up.
Quote from The Very End :To answer the poll, I like the new patch, both the new car, track layout, textures and the clutch. Yeah, even if it can piss me of sometimes I love the new patch.

X2
The new patch is a revolution for lfs, maybe even for the whole sim racing world.
It was the 2nd biggest revolution for lfs after s1-s2
revolution is a bit too strong of a word imho
it's the best one yet, but... it just feels like it needs to be more real... so that i can sucker my GT5 fiend of a friend into getting LFS
Quote from atlantian :it's the best one yet, but... it just feels like it needs to be more real... so that i can sucker my GT5 fiend of a friend into getting LFS

You claim that GT5 is more realistic than LFS?
Quote from Gekkibi :You claim that GT5 is more realistic than LFS?

no, but my buddy refuses to play LFS because it's "not realistic enough, and gimicky"
He should try "enthunasia".
Quote from atlantian :no, but my buddy refuses to play LFS because it's "not realistic enough, and gimicky"

LFS is not realistic enough, but he still plays GT5? It is like "No, Mitsubishis aren't fast enough, so I will keep driving my Lada 1500".
Quote from Gekkibi :LFS is not realistic enough, but he still plays GT5? It is like "No, Mitsubishis aren't fast enough, so I will keep driving my Lada 1500".

Or : 'The box said that my Lada 1500 is faster than a Mitsubishi, so it must be true'
Quote from hrtburnout :Or : 'The box said that my Lada 1500 is faster than a Mitsubishi, so it must be true'

Sitation from NetRunner -cardgame:
Quote :Of course it's true, I saw it on the television

Quote from zeugnimod :He should try "enthunasia".

please don't drag jokes all over the forum...

btw, my friend is listening to polyphony's PR department... about how realistic it is, how it's a new benchmark, and milestone in sim technology...
#50 - DeMS
Quote from atlantian :please don't drag jokes all over the forum...

btw, my friend is listening to polyphony's PR department... about how realistic it is, how it's a new benchmark, and milestone in sim technology...

Public relations is close to politics in the matter of taking things out of context and twisting meanings and words.

It's true that GT5 it's realistic - graphically
It's true that GT5 is a new benchmark - for the PS3's system capabilities
It's true it's a milestone in sim technology - graphically

Other than that, it's just 'another mix' with gorgeous looks, which sadly is the part that sells games, even over gameplay, specially to fanboys of their systems and casual gamers with big income.

After all the "woes" and "oohs" and "aaahs", there's just usually a rather void product.

And LFS is rather quite the opposite.

In The New Version
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG