The online racing simulator
Where To Get The LFS NOS MOD....??
(77 posts, closed, started )
Hey Guys

I was Just wondering where i can get get the NOS MOD ???, i've seen it on you tube, can anyone of you guys send me a link to the MOD or something....i can't seem to find it, i just want to use it offline...i don't have a registered Live for Speed anyway, heard that it can banned for using it online however also heard that there are servers allowing it...just wanna use it offline...get a bit frustrated when the AI is leading on the finishing line :P

PS: Oh yeah, and I wanna use the Nos with the press of a button not the accelerator.

Thanx a lot guys... peace
Demo racers cant use any kind of tweak.
Damn...sigh
There's no "NOS MODE"...We only have LFSTweak and LFS Tune
I believe the OP is referring to one of the speed cheats that have been developed, in the past, for LFS. You will certainly not find any links to it here, nor would we encourage its use. It is not a permitted application as such, although there is no form of licence checking on such applications.
its called Alt-F4.
It's called not true. It exits the game. Don't listen (or read) to him.
Quote from derekd234 :It's called not true. It exits the game. Don't listen (or read) to him.

Sheesh, surely people know that.

Demo users cannot use any of the tweak programs, and as for a NOS mod, they aren't permitted, generally cause online compatability screwups and if they don't any server admin will promptly proceed to lynch you. So don't, OK.
:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea??
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :its called Alt-F4.

it works! you will automatically be at 173mph, and you won't even have to shift into gear!
Quote from atlantian :it works! you will automatically be at 173mph, and you won't even have to shift into gear!

I know. Plus it gives you, "mad toArK, son!!!"
but seriously,
a)stop calling nitrous NOS

b)nitrous is not button initiated, and gives you instant boost.

c)nitrous is an engine cooling system that works by evaporative cooling

d)it cool the engine's air and fuel intake to cram more molecules into the engine for a bigger bang.

e)It just feels like a supercharger on steroids

f)LFSTweak is what "NOS for LFS" is

g)LFSTweak is illigal to use in competitions and for breaking records(hot laps), just as it is illegal to use nitrous for RL racing
Just play nfs kid.
no, he should play Drift city, since he is so cheap
SORRYY BUT I HAVE TO !!! , i am so weak

@ontopick

If you wanna the nos , go here and download This

Have fun
Quote from atlantian :but seriously,

why? its nitrous oxy(i?)de system aint it?
Quote from atlantian :but seriously,

b)nitrous is not button initiated, and gives you instant boost.

c)nitrous is an engine cooling system that works by evaporative cooling

d)it cool the engine's air and fuel intake to cram more molecules into the engine for a bigger bang.

e)It just feels like a supercharger on steroids

Actually, Nitrous Oxide (which is what he is referring to) is injected into the intake manifold before burning to increase oxygen in the fuel, resulting in a bigger bang. It can of course be button initiated.

Although the part of cooling the engine is partly true, as when N20 is injected, it cools the fuel mixture, which also has the effect of contracting the mixture, allowing even more oxygen to be fed in.

And yes, please stop calling Nitrous Oxide NOS. :riceboy:
Its chemical formula is N20.

As for the application, there was a program made by the name of LustGas, which somehow used negative values on the handbrake, which had the effect of increasing rear wheel speed. AFAIK, it still lurks around the forum somewhere, I think it's still even downloadable...
well, okey, good luck playing with that,easye1081, offline... you get banned online for that...

and btw, i don't believe in wet nitrous injection if i condone the use of nitrous... it just pollutes the engine...

and button initiation is stupid, why not have a more powerful engine all around rather then a strong boost suddenly...
Because over any sort of distance (say, a 10 lap race, which is about average), a slow trickling N20 supply will have next to no effect on performance. Whereas having a button-fed sudden boost allows you to use the N20 for a short-term advantage, such as passing a tricky opponent.

I think it's allowed in some race series, GT4 had it (although that's nothing to go by )

IDK about wet or dry or whatever, but that's the basics of it anyway...

Also, I don't think LustGas works with Y, I couldn't get it going anway...it was released in 2004 I think
what do you mean slow trickle? no2 doesn't work like in movies, where it's like an adrenalin pack(from starcraft)... it's more like an intercooler with water spritzer or a cold air intake, that passes through an icebox...

okey, sure, it would be an advantage, strategy wise to have a secret weapon, and to hide the immense potential of your car until you really need it...
No, I mean that it's better to have a sudden shot of N20 when you want it, rather than having it being slowly injected for the length of a race...
Quote from Inouva :SORRYY BUT I HAVE TO !!! , i am so weak

@ontopick

If you wanna the nos , go here and download This

Have fun

HEY! you stole my post!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :No, I mean that it's better to have a sudden shot of N20 when you want it, rather than having it being slowly injected for the length of a race...

what's so bad about it flowing through the whole time, so that you would have basically the power the whole time, so it's basically extending your torque curve?

why do you want "jump to hyperspace" for cars?!?! it's not good!

and if anything, no2 as a fuel additive is just plain cheating... i am talking about DRY the no2 going AROUND your engines and lines, it never enters the engine and never joins the combustion process...
Quote from atlantian :what's so bad about it flowing through the whole time, so that you would have basically the power the whole time, so it's basically extending your torque curve?

Because you can only carry so much N20 on board...and you wouldn't have power the whole time, unless it was a 1 lap race. Think about it. Say you have 5 litres of N20 on board. Would you rather spread that evenly over the entire race, or be able to use it when you need it?

Quote from atlantian :and if anything, no2 as a fuel additive is just plain cheating... i am talking about DRY the no2 going AROUND your engines and lines, it never enters the engine and never joins the combustion process...

I don't know what you mean by "dry" N20...N20 does enter the combustion cycle, it's mixed with the fuel in the intake manifold (or just before it, whatever) to bring more oxygen into the chamber. Because N20 is stored in compressed liquid form, its reasonably cold when it mixes with the fuel. So this contracts the fuel, allowing more oxygen to be brought in.

N20 isn't combustible itself, so its portrayal in movies such as Fast and Furious is completely wrong. It's used to bring more oxygen in, not as a fuel additive for better combustion...that's what Nitromethane is for
N2O, not N20. That is all.
This thread is closed

(77 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG