The online racing simulator
Round 1: Post-Race Discussion
Well done CD. And well done My3id for coming from last position!
Yeah, grats to CD for winning, bloody quick boys, grats to Dave and My3ID for pulling a white rabbit out of a hat and coming from last to 2nd, outstanding.

We at Adaptive are very happy with all our drivers, and there performances, and I would like to thank each one of them for there performance, well done guys, you should be proud.

We are very happy to get a podium in our first full IGTC race, and look forward to many more.

Many thanks to the organisers and race officials
#4 - Gil07
Was a nice race, shame that about everything that could go wrong did go wrong in my stint. 14th isn't bad considering all that...

Congrats to the winners and thank you to the admins
Well done everyone, I think this was a great race, only problem was back markers and a certain restart. Otherwise this is a great season starter.
Enjoyed our first race, but was gutted when the leader took us out on the straight whilst lapping us. A DT for him and an extra pitstop to repair the damage for us was hardly justice.

Still , looking forward to the next round.
Thanks for the great organisation guys
#7 - Gil07
Quote from The Moose :Enjoyed our first race, but was gutted when the leader took us out on the straight whilst lapping us. A DT for him and an extra pitstop to repair the damage for us was hardly justice.

A note on this...

I reviewed the replay, and watching from the heli view it seemed that once side by side, both cars (#06 and #15) basically drifted toward each other. However, the natural inclination at that point on the straight is to drift to the right to meet the "apex" of the straight (where it bends just after the overpass). Furthermore, #15 should never have been that close to the #06 while lapping. While this wasn't really overaggressive driving (I'd call it more brain fade than anything else), in conjunction with an earlier incident with the #13 car I felt the #15 deserved a DT.

Had the move on the #06 been overly aggressive or intentional looking, I would have gone with a SG.
I enjoyed the nearly 2 hours I drove. It became obvious at that point that my team mate wasn't going to make it so I quit at that point, because in LFS hardly anyone retires so I was unlikely to gain more than one point for driving another hour, and my heart really wasn't in it at that point. Still, I was running solid 12th for most of the 2nd hour so I'm very happy that my performance is up to scratch with this league, even if I have a long way to go before I can be challenging for podiums.

I must say that while most of the drivers seemed extremely good (at least in comparison to the test race), a couple of people still made some idiot moves. One guy just ran straight into the back of me at the end of the back straight under yellow flags, which ended up costing me 25 seconds as I had to go into the wall to avoid T-boning the spun car (who decided to reverse infront of me, DONT MAKE YOURSELF A MOVING TARGET!!!). Another car ran me straight off the edge of the track after I'd backed off early to allow him to lap me. Both (amoungst others) incidents I wouldn't expect from such a talented field. Still, much much better than the test race so kudos to everyone for their restraint this time

Cya at Kyoto
Quote from DeadWolfBones :A note on this...

I reviewed the replay, and watching from the heli view it seemed that once side by side, both cars (#06 and #15) basically drifted toward each other. However, the natural inclination at that point on the straight is to drift to the right to meet the "apex" of the straight (where it bends just after the overpass). Furthermore, #15 should never have been that close to the #06 while lapping. While this wasn't really overaggressive driving (I'd call it more brain fade than anything else), in conjunction with an earlier incident with the #13 car I felt the #15 deserved a DT.

Had the move on the #06 been overly aggressive or intentional looking, I would have gone with a SG.

lol so its my fault that blue flag drivers dont slow down they try to race me down the straight?? right....

blue flag is a joke so many people do not give way.. the expect YOU to go around them.. thats not how it works
Drive with Some Sense under caution! Under Safety Car, why was there a spin in front of us, then to get ploughed into the back of = Unneccesary.
Quote from BreadC :lol so its my fault that blue flag drivers dont slow down they try to race me down the straight?? right....

blue flag is a joke so many people do not give way.. the expect YOU to go around them.. thats not how it works

The blue flagged driver's responsibility is to hold his line and not try to block a lapping car. Blue flagged cars are NOT required to slow down for you on straights, nor to give you any special openings.

Rules H2 and H2.2:

Quote :2) When being overtaken, a driver must give reasonable space to the attacking car in order to account for lag. Drivers must not defend by erratically weaving or otherwise excessively deviating from the standard racing line.

2.2) When being lapped, a driver is expected to drive a normal racing line and avoid erratic movements that may confuse lapping drivers. If a driver wishes to pull over and slow to let the leader pass, this should be done on a long straight and done in such a manner that the intent is clear to the lapping driver. Under no circumstances should a driver being lapped slow excessively while entering or in the middle of a corner.

You must use sense when overtaking a lapped car. Turning left on the straight and cutting off a lapped car is not using sense. There was no reason to be so close to him. You had another 10m to the right that you could have used.

edit: This is not to say that there were not instances of blue flagged cars blocking lapping cars during this race, because there were indeed many. This issue will be addressed. All I'm saying is that in this case you were in the wrong.
Quote from BreadC :lol so its my fault that blue flag drivers dont slow down they try to race me down the straight?? right....

Blue flag doesn't mean "MOVE!". Blue flag means make yourself predictable and easy to pass. It's not the job of the lapped car to move out of the way, But they shouldn't defend. Driving flat out down the straight isn't defending as you would have the line into the corner and there would be not defence from them there.

Anyway, the lapped cars did tend to fight quite often in this race so expect something about that and also you guys did win so theres nothing to complain about.

Full race replay is now uploaded.

http://files.filefront.com/BL1 ... r/;9690863;/fileinfo.html
Quote from BreadC :blue flag is a joke so many people do not give way.. the expect YOU to go around them.. thats not how it works

That's exactly how blue flags work.
I hope we can really look at the behavior under safety car, and nip the uncalled for stuff in the "Bud" for once and for all.
"Bud," Stu, and yes, we hope to.
Quote from The Moose :That's exactly how blue flags work.

thats why people were getting blocked for 1 lap and 2 laps at a time... because they were just not obeying the blue flag
Quote from BreadC :thats why people were getting blocked for 1 lap and 2 laps at a time... because they were just not obeying the blue flag

Again, "blocked" is a term that is sometimes misused.

A lapped car driving its line is not blocking you. A lapped car moving off its line to keep you behind IS blocking you.

And again, there was some legitimate blocking going on. But there was also a lot of erroneous reporting of blocking. It's human nature to want to get ahead as quickly as possible, but sometimes you have to cool your jets for a few laps and figure out the best place to pass. Can't always force it.
It's the lapping drivers responsibility to pass a lapped car. The lapped car is encouraged but not forced to give way in a "roll over and die" fashion.
#20 - SamH
Ahh that old "BLUE FLAG MOVE GET OUT OF MY WAY MY ROAD MY TRACK GET LOST IM BETTERER THAN YOU!!!111" coconut, eh? Gotta love it! I'm surprised how many people still don't get that rule!
Can I get someone to run the stats on the full race replay?

Thanks!
Had a good first hour stint, with lots of nice fair driving. Didn't experience any bad behavior as i can remember Hope this continues through the next rounds! Gratz to CD with the win, and to AR with a great 3rd place
The first thing that comes to my mind is : All our dreams about IGTC are probably destroyed.
We had practiced a lot, whole week was busy, day before and couple of hours before. All was perfect and we were waiting for race, but then it started. About hour or 1.5 before race it happened, first of all, i started to have network connections. 2nd driver (U.Tiirik) was terrorized by FPS freezes (that never happened before) and 3rd driver (R.Ziugand) was with same problem as i - network.
We started race in fear, start was pretty good, i was fast enough to make some overtakes etc and then POOF - connection lost. U.Tiirik got in and tryed to race with FPS problem - 10 laps and he told that it's impossible. So we sent 3rd driver, he drove out of pits and connection lost.

I'm in really really bad mood at this point - we had high expectations about Round 1 and hoped that we get in to IGTC, but now... yeh... it is like it is

Most dissapointing, is that im sitting behind PC about 3 hours now and no network problems .

It's like someone told about our situation : "S*itty things happens always when you dont need 'em."

Gratz to the winners .

Best Regards,
c4Racing, Kirill.D.
Don't worry about it, Kirill. Things could very well be much better for you in Round 2.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG