Bernd Schneider
- AMG Mercedes C-Klasse (2008)
Ralf Schumacher
- AMG Mercedes C-Klasse (2007)
Martin Tomczyk
- Audi A4 DTM (2008)
Markus Winkelhock
- Audi A4 DTM (2007)

Audi filled up all their cars, nothing to get anylonger. Ralf Schumacher is now racing a Mercedes. Legge change from Champ (IRL) Car into the DTM (just thought WTF when read this).

in 44 Days the DTM starts into the new season in Düsseldorf with the presentation. On my mind 'til then we 'll have the Mercedes line-up too.

the events
Quote :06.04.2008 Präsentation Düsseldorf
13.04.2008 Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg
20.04.2008 Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
04.05.2008 Mugello
18.05.2008 EuroSpeedway Lausitz
29.06.2008 Norisring
13.07.2008 Circuit Park Zandvoort
27.07.2008 Nürburgring
31.08.2008 Brands Hatch
21.09.2008 Circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona)
05.10.2008 Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
26.10.2008 Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg

Quotations are taken from DTM.com
Quote from TFalke55 :Legge change from Champ (IRL) Car into the DTM (just thought WTF when read this).

In a 2 year old car. Even more WTF.

Ralf also got only last year's car.
No Finns anymore

BTW is there anymore any site that streams the races? One that you don't have to use a credit card on.
#4 - J.B.
So nothing new in terms of drivers for the 2008 cars. Surely Spengler will keep his seat so I guess that means the two 2008 cars left will go to di Resta and Green or Paffett.
Just yesterday i read an article about the new C Class on racecar engineering and they said the chassis', diff, tranny and some other stuff are sealed from 2005 on so that's why 2006 cars weren't any slower than the 2006 cars last year.
#6 - J.B.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65246

Di Resta got the drive! I'm sure he's going to be right up there fighting for the title. I've been impressed by him ever since he beat the highly rated Vettel to the F3 title. In the same team.
Di Resta deserved it, what he did with 2 year old car (podiums and almost win) no one did before.
btw. Ralf gonna suck 10x more than Mika did

P.S That opening track looks stupid, It's like oval!!!
Meh, it's just a street demo.
Quote from TFalke55 :
[...] the DTM starts into the new season in Düsseldorf with the presentation.[...]

just quoted myself... it is just a presentation
I only watched my 1 st dtm season last year, was quite good. looking forward to this years season. I was wondering though, how come there's only 2 manufacturers? What about BMW. Has it always been just Audi and AMG?
Quote from DratsaB :I only watched my 1 st dtm season last year, was quite good. looking forward to this years season. I was wondering though, how come there's only 2 manufacturers? What about BMW. Has it always been just Audi and AMG?

there was Opel... but they choose to go to WTCC with chevrolet
BMW is also WTCC, and ALMS and Formula 1, and does not want to take part in DTM... MG wrote red numbers before entering, so they cancelled the project and Toyota have got a DTM-like car in an asian GT championchip (under their brand Lexus)
DTM.....how exciting.....

I am however a bit curious about the presentation in Düsseldorf.....as I might be working on the Königsallee in Düsseldorf that day.....might be interesting
Quote from DratsaB :I only watched my 1 st dtm season last year, was quite good. looking forward to this years season. I was wondering though, how come there's only 2 manufacturers? What about BMW. Has it always been just Audi and AMG?

It's because Opel quit to go to WTCC, also because WTCC is insanely cheaper than DTM. IIRC a S2000 car is about a fifth of the cost of a DTM car.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's because Opel quit to go to WTCC, also because WTCC is insanely cheaper than DTM. IIRC a S2000 car is about a fifth of the cost of a DTM car.

Well, IIRC a S2000 car is vaguely derived from the production unit, but a DTM is a car on it's own, tubular chassis, ecc...
Quote from Fabri91 :Well, IIRC a S2000 car is vaguely derived from the production unit, but a DTM is a car on it's own, tubular chassis, ecc...

Of course - the only part that is vaguely like a road car in DTM is the roof panel.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's because Opel quit to go to WTCC, also because WTCC is insanely cheaper than DTM. IIRC a S2000 car is about a fifth of the cost of a DTM car.

Opel didn't quit to go to WTCC, GM decided. In fact Opel stopped all sponsorship to younger drivers (or at least most of it) when the they left.

Though it's a shame for the DTM (well, if they get ever around and start making real racing and not just two big teams throwing rocks at each other ) it's a big gain for the WTCC with Chevy (which is a real touring car series and not just prototypes...).

Dtm 2008
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG