The online racing simulator
LX4 - LX6 - do YOU use 'em?
(60 posts, started )
For me, the most dissapointing point of S2 is that LX8 was removed before S2 became alpha.
We drove the LX4 in SO Long yesterday in Nations Cup. Great fun
Quote from Tweaker :LX6 is fun, LX4 is fun

Seriously, people always like one or the other :rolleyes:

Both are great cars! LX6 is way more fun on the faster tracks, the LX4 is catered a lot more to the old S1 tracks. LX6 is my favorite, but I gotta say the LX4 is really fun to throw around... and you can really 'punch' the throttle down in and out of corners and it gets some great grip.

like others said, [dSRC] is hosting FE Gold with the LX4 at the moment, and it is a good combo. We also raced at Aston National REV last friday, and that was boring, the car doesn't feel 'proper' there. Still, my point is, drive the cars on a track that is well suited to it. LX6 is fun everywhere, but LX4 there has to be some exceptions.

I've always been an LX fan in LFS, haven't liked any others as much as them I guess.

:eclipseeh:icon23:

maybe the lx4 seems to be boring to me, because there IS a lx6. if there weren't a lx6 i maybe would praise the lx4 too . imho the lx6 really isn't much harder to drive than the lx4, it's just more fun. it's extra weight makes it less twitchy.
Quote from Fetzo :maybe the lx4 seems to be boring to me, because there IS a lx6. if there weren't a lx6 i maybe would praise the lx4 too . imho the lx6 really isn't much harder to drive than the lx4, it's just more fun. it's extra weight makes it less twitchy.

I'd say it's completely the opposite. Lx4 is less twitchy. But it's just me Maybe I would drive the lx6 more if there were servers but for me it just isn't fun enough.
Quote from Mogar :For me, the most dissapointing point of S2 is that LX8 was removed before S2 became alpha.

true... but the mecanik and the slickmod help to get over bit a little... to bad we don't have lfstweak for s1/2 cars yet - then we could even have the V8
I use the LX-4, but I'm still working on taming the LX-6. I haven't been able to drive LFS for a while, but not that I'm getting back into it, I think i tshould only be another week or so before I stop wrecking it so often.
What is the track You find the LX4 most fun with?
Fern Bay, FE Gold is great for the LX4. Been doing some racing there in a DSRC server the last couple of days, great fun. I really do wish there were more servers/players for these cars because they're great fun and often under-estimated when you run them against TBO cars.
I find most things most fun at south city, but the lx's in particular... all the lumps n bumps make for plenty of interest
Quote from D34N0 :

I was on a server last night friving the LX4 at Fern Bay Gold it was [dSRC] Battle Grounds #3

Great fun Guys

I was driving there with LX4 for some 9 races total over a week. Then went to BL1 with FOX and immediately improved my PB by 0,5 sec - I had been stuck on 1.11.23 (don't laugh, I drive keyboard) for like 2 months with the same set.
Quote from Renku :What is the track You find the LX4 most fun with?

I guess anything without long fast corners. So Fe tracks are the best... The long fast corners just make me want to delete all the Lx4 & Lx6 related files... oversteer, oversteer and then it snaps omg.
Quote from Mogar :For me, the most dissapointing point of S2 is that LX8 was removed before S2 became alpha.

In LFS was LX8?
No, the "LX8 was removed before S2 became alpha."
Which was a shame if you ask me. Could've been a lot of fun driving an LX with slicks. That said, the UF1000 / UFR is a worthy replacement.

I must admit that the LX6 is fun on a couple of Aston tracks, and the LX4 rocks on anything at Fern Bay!
Quote from Hyperactive :I guess anything without long fast corners. So Fe tracks are the best... The long fast corners just make me want to delete all the Lx4 & Lx6 related files... oversteer, oversteer and then it snaps omg.

it's easy enough to fix. full front bar, no rear bar, lowish tyre pressures, fair bit of toe out on the rear, generally soft suspension. It's not at all slow like that either, just requires a different driving style.
Quote from Blowtus :it's easy enough to fix. full front bar, no rear bar, lowish tyre pressures, fair bit of toe out on the rear, generally soft suspension. It's not at all slow like that either, just requires a different driving style.

Sure you can fix it by having a pushy setup for the car, but ultimately it's a question of driving style anyway And the oversteer, more oversteer, snap! - it's still there. A slightly wrong line into a corner and whee...
IMO, the formula cars are waaaaay more difficult to drive fast than LX6 (although it's easy to drive slower with the formula cars, and the lx6 don't become easier when driving slower). Even in S1 LX6 wasn't that difficult as some insisted to say that it was.

And it's the most fun car to drive on S2, by far IMO.

Quote :Sure you can fix it by having a pushy setup for the car, but ultimately it's a question of driving style anyway And the oversteer, more oversteer, snap! - it's still there. A slightly wrong line into a corner and whee...

Although snappy, it's predictable, and you can feel on the force feedback when it's going to the "danger point", so if you are not going to a qualify lap, you can drive quite clean with them.
Baah...SO, FE? If I would have seen tracks like AS4/AS4R/AS5/AS5R/KY3R - I think I'd have the strength to organize a little (10 lap) race on Saturday evening, but I'll just bore myself with hotlaping, again .
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Hyperactive :Sure you can fix it by having a pushy setup for the car, but ultimately it's a question of driving style anyway And the oversteer, more oversteer, snap! - it's still there. A slightly wrong line into a corner and whee...

I don't think it's pushy, I just think the default setups / physics in lfs are too conducive to oversteer. Fast corners in lx's are a very good example of this, they oversteer ridiculously more so than in real life... fixing this with setup leaves no disadvantage that I can see.

I really don't want to know how tail-happy LX8 would be with the current physics issues...

Quote from Renku :What is the track You find the LX4 most fun with?

KY GP rev

Quote from Slaughterofthesoul :Don't really use them much.

How could you as you are a demo racer...?
Better with slicks
I find that they are cool cars to drive, but i don't have the time to get over the over twitchy feeling you get with it. I find them to be more fun on slicks with the slickmod, they handle the same way, but you can get more of a feel of the road with slicks
Short answer: yes.
When I play LFS, the LX6 definitely is my favourite car
LX league?
maybee we should set up some sort of LX league, would mean finding a decent race ought not to be too hard.

i feel the LX4 is the perfect tool for learning RWD it's light so you can get used to hurling a car into the corner with more speed than you'd think, but at the same time you need a fair amount of 'power discipline' , it's the reason i'm able to keep the other RWDs on the road, could never really drive the XR's 'cos of their nasty handling traits (to me anyway) but all that stops with the LX it seems IMHO

i dunno i likes 'em all (fun to tweak too )
I don't drive the LX's as much as I'd like to. I have the handling problems others seem to - too heavy right foot is my main problem - as a result I don't feel confident enough to go out & race with others (don't want to spoil their fun) - so don't... pity really.

Perhaps I should try a really heavy understeering set up & take it from there?
If nobody wants to set up a cup or league, perhaps someone can organize a few lx-longruns, would be fun.
I would like/try to participate.

LX4 - LX6 - do YOU use 'em?
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG