The online racing simulator
top speeds
(366 posts, started )
Quote from JO53PHS :OMG... you had to use a PLANE to get to 120MPH?

Why didn't you use a car?

well, apart from a plane, the fastest thing I've ever driven was a kart that went about 50 mph. pity that the main straight of the track was around 50m long!

(I can't drive - only 15 and 2/3!)
Quote from J@tko :well, apart from a plane, the fastest thing I've ever driven was a kart that went about 50 mph. pity that the main straight of the track was around 50m long!

(I can't drive - only 15 and 2/3!)

I know you're only 15

Are you a James May washing machine pilot wannabe?
Quote from JO53PHS :I know you're only 15

Are you a James May washing machine pilot wannabe?

Hell yeah!

But I don't think May know how to make a plane do a Porteus Loop
Quote from J@tko :Hell yeah!

But I don't think May know how to make a plane do a Porteus Loop

Maybe a porcelain cup turn.
Quote from J@tko :That's what I went 120 mph in :-)

Where do you fly?

Don't forget that the air speed indicator is in knots (1 knot = 1.15 mph). Typical dives before a loop or stall turn are about 130 knots (150 mph) and if you're lucky and get a good pilot he'll let you have some fun, the fastest I ever did was 170 knots out of a accelerating out of a stall turn into a loop, fun stuff
Quote from ajp71 :Don't forget that the air speed indicator is in knots (1 knot = 1.15 mph). Typical dives before a loop or stall turn are about 130 knots (150 mph) and if you're lucky and get a good pilot he'll let you have some fun, the fastest I ever did was 170 knots out of a accelerating out of a stall turn into a loop, fun stuff

Ah - it's the other way round. Yes, it was 140 knots I went, so that's around 150 mph, not 120
I feel kinda pointless posting this but whatever...

My top speed is 180 km/h and with the current gearbox my Sierra is having that's it's top speed (well not really, but I don't really want to go past 6000 rpm that much). It could easily go faster, but there's just no that 5th gear to put in. 5-speed gearbox is still waiting to get in.
Pedal bike..48mph indicated, down a nicely curved insanely big hill near Cranfield Overtaking traffic is fun.

Fastest I've driven a car would be just shy of 130mph, fastest I've been driven would be in the same car (Audi A6) touching on 140mph. Never traveled on a plane or high-speed train so I guess thats the fastest I've been.
hmm fastest for me:
On a track (Zolder): 220Km/h in a tuned BMW 330 (trackday).
On road: 210KM/H (in a new BWW 525: me going with boss and college to La Bresse to ski)
Karting: 130KM/H in a Rotax Max RM1 (shifter kart)(Horensbergdam-Genk)
besides the karting i always was the passenger
Tristian i guess you didn't read the white writing that has been there since i posted it.
Quote from Luke.S :Tristian i guess you didn't read the white writing that has been there since i posted it.

Oooh but what is that... Last edited by Luke.S : Today at 15:45.

Which is, let's see, five minutes ago. Well, you must have found a typo.

Fastest I've done must been 140 km/h. Couldn't care less though, doesn't make it any longer.
Quote from Blackout :Oooh but what is that... Last edited by Luke.S : Today at 15:45.

Spot the silly little spotty kid who thought we were all on his intellectual level...
Around 220 km/h (135mph), if my cars speedometer doesn't lie. Unfortunately I left my GPS home that day, so I can't verify my actual speed.

Not bad for a 80's car.
Luke.s - You are an idiot.
Quote from Luke.S :Tristian i guess you didn't read the white writing that has been there since i posted it.

please don't joke like that... and use sarcasm tags around your words when you reply jokingly saying "it was a closed stretch of autobahn"
Sry double post.
165mph/265kph in my mustang, rev-limiter limited.
my new pb , as a passenger 210 ish kph , i was late for work
165km/h(timed, by me not the cops) in my Mercedes Sprinter 212D

279km/h on a Aprilia RSV1000R test bike

214km/h on my Honda VFR400NC30.

209km/h on my Aprilia RS250 race bike(on the track)
...I hope you guys don't drive with those speeds in a public road..? (Well, other than autobahn...)

It is:
[ ] Against the law
[ ] Really dangerous. You can ruin:
...[ ] Your car
...[ ] Yourself
...[ ] Someone else
...[ ] Other, what _____________
[ ] Really stupid. Better ways to get laid are:
...[ ] Buy more expensive car, but only pose with it
...[ ] Get a shower and don't smell so bad
...[ ] Take genital piercing
Geez ok honestly the highst top speed i've been at is 130mph in my mate's dad's Ferrari 355.
This post is honest. He got it 10 years old for £30k
i've done over 100km/h on my mountain bike. it was terrifying.
Quote from evilgeek :i've done over 100km/h on my mountain bike. it was terrifying.

Yeah... I got up to 40 mph once downhill on the side of a small highway... one of the most terrifying experiences of my childhood, lol.
i skiied (well, snowboard) down a black dimond run after a rain... i got up to 43 mph(i have a laser bike speedo with me) and it was pretty scary, i was pretty lucky that i did not trip over any pock's on the slicked over snow...
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Yeah... I got up to 40 mph once downhill on the side of a small highway... one of the most terrifying experiences of my childhood, lol.

I've done about 35mph on my old mountain bike down this twisty road. Me and my mates cycled to the next town along (which is uphill) then came back down the steep twisty bit on the other side.

The BMW driver i overtook didn't seem too impressed i'd just beaten him on a pedal bike.

top speeds
(366 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG