The online racing simulator
Real vid of my stang (quick drag)
(20 posts, started )
I just found these video's that I recorded a year and a half ago, I had just bought my mustang and was testing it a bit. It's all stock, and I baby'd it pretty good, shifting it easy and not redlining it.
Just for fun.
15-80mph From a roll, too hard to launch and hold cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthAg0o6soE

And here's a video from this past summer after a full exhaust install and some bolt-on's. Dyno'd just under 400bhp at the wheels. I'm kinda blasting some music but the point was to get the sound of the exhaust, you can still hear it ok over the music though.
Exhaust clip after dyno tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTcpqA3auic
Nice second vid doesnt work btw :P

*Edit* it works now xD Nice sound :P
A wheel barrow would have it in the corners though eh!
Yup, it certainly would I've got a good coil over suspension but there's only so much you can do with a live axle...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :A wheel barrow would have it in the corners though eh!

I saw a mustang today entering i280 (highway near San Francisco) and he booted it around the curved on ramp and boy that thing lumped about like a boat on the high seas. I was half expecting him to erect a mast and throw a sail to the wind in the hope of getting some mid corner stability.
lol at granny shifting in the description, too much fast and the furious for you me thinks.
Ehh.. I hated those movies, so terrible.
I love drag racing though, it's easy to get into, doesn't cost a fortune either. I try to make it out to the track every other weekend when the weather permits.
id love to see car what hav that kinda sound accerelating on the street. nice sound
granny shifting, not double clutching like you should haha

to this day im still puzzled as to why u would double clutch changing up gears lol
not LFS so wrong section
The granny shifting is a term that's been around a lot longer than those stupid movies, it simply means to shift slowly. The movies made no sense, you don't have to double clutch in modern sports cars.
Anyways if you've ever raced in a straight line, then you understand how slowly I was shifting, that's all I meant by it.

At the time, my car had the stock shifter, which didn't have syncro blocks in it, so banging the gears hard could seriously reduce the life of the tranny. Now I have a good shifter, and I can nail each gear as hard as I like.

Wow, I really hope you guys realize how much I hate those corny movies! I guess it only came up because of the word choice, vin diesel used those words in the movie, so I guess I had that coming.
Quote from DHRammstein :The granny shifting is a term that's been around a lot longer than those stupid movies, it simply means to shift slowly. The movies made no sense, you don't have to double clutch in modern sports cars.
Anyways if you've ever raced in a straight line, then you understand how slowly I was shifting, that's all I meant by it.

At the time, my car had the stock shifter, which didn't have syncro blocks in it, so banging the gears hard could seriously reduce the life of the tranny. Now I have a good shifter, and I can nail each gear as hard as I like.

Wow, I really hope you guys realize how much I hate those corny movies! I guess it only came up because of the word choice, vin diesel used those words in the movie, so I guess I had that coming.

actually double clutching can be important, but only really for downshifting under race conditions.

i liked the F&F movies, just leave ur brain at the door when u watch them, typical good action movie which u can laugh at. people get too caught up at the realism of the F&F movies as if all other action movies are realistic. take them for what they are and you'll enjoy them.
i thought granny shifting was using semi-auto shifters...
Quote from nisskid :actually double clutching can be important, but only really for downshifting under race conditions.

i liked the F&F movies, just leave ur brain at the door when u watch them, typical good action movie which u can laugh at. people get too caught up at the realism of the F&F movies as if all other action movies are realistic. take them for what they are and you'll enjoy them.

You're right, I'm just thinking up shifting, cause I'm thinking in the context of drag racing.
Nice one rofl
Ahh cool, I guess I'll post my stang and GTI in there.
Quote from yeager :Read the bottom of this article for a good description on double declutching.

http://www.hiperformancestore.com/guiboDSclutch.htm

ok i cbf readin that, but its pretty obvious what double clutching does, syncro's are one part but besides wear its reduces stress on the engine and gearbox having to synchronize, meaning less torque through the drivetrain, meaning the gear change can take place quicker without worrying about putting too much stress on the drivetrain and locking up the drive wheels etc.

putting less torque on the drive wheels means the brake bias is more even.
With drag racing you can toss all that right out the window lol. J/K, yeah I know what ya's mean, good read thanks.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG