The online racing simulator
Losing sound mid-race.
(7 posts, started )
Losing sound mid-race.
Hi all,

This is an inconsistent bug, that I am struggling to find the solution for.

I lose in-game sound, ie, engine noise etc, but I still get Team Speak voices.

Shift-W or Shift-N both do NOT restore my sound.

I usually have to exit the game (not fully, just log-off and join back online) and the problem is fixed. i also found the last time it happened (Monday) If I Shift-P to pits, sound comes back.!!

It can happen at anytime, midrace, which is interesting trying to drive with no sound!! especially during a major league race......

Pretty sure it has only started happening during Patch Y.

I updated my soundcard drivers Soundblaster Live! when it first occurred, this did not fix the problem.

As I play mostly ONLINE, I am not sure if the problem happens OFFLINE.

It is not server related, as it has occurred on different servers.

Thoughts?
How fast is your pc? If your pc can't handle LFS the sounds stop.
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.75ghz
1.5 gig RAM
7300gt Nvidia
Most graphics settings are LOW.
With minimal background programs, if any.

Happened again last night, lap 4 into a 25 lap league race. SHIFT-P and sound is restored. but race is over

I am also getting sound/screen stutter when a text message appears, only slight, say half a sec...
Quote from Quincy :AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.75ghz
1.5 gig RAM
7300gt Nvidia

Happened again last night, lap 4 into a 25 lap league race. SHIFT-P and sound is restored. but race is over

I am also getting sound/screen stutter when a text message appears, only slight, say half a sec...

You sure there isn't a mouse turning you speakers down gradually?
I think you may have a hard drive problem if you're experiencing stuttering. Who knows, it may also be the reason for losing the sound. I know my hard drive has a problem, and my system stutters a lot during games. But I've never lost the sound in LFS.
Quote from Quincy :AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.75ghz
1.5 gig RAM
7300gt Nvidia

You could try playing with the Dynamic LOD Reduction. If it doesn't happen with lower details your pc can't handle the sound at those moments.
ok, i will try the dynamic LOD reduction...

Losing sound mid-race.
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG