The online racing simulator
Wringing tenths out of the UF100
I've only had the S2 licence for 2 days, and I'm loving it! I can't wait till this game is complete, it's going to be an instant phenomenum in the world of sim-racing!!

Right now I'm racing with the UF100 on the Ashton track in the "Cadet" configuration. It's got a really cool dipping chicane that's like going down a slippery slide.

I love driving the slower cars and trying to wring ever last tenth of a second out of them. So far I'm not so fast, my best time is 1:11:50. I haven't started playing with the setup yet. Just the default setting with the ride height lowered slightly.

Does anyone know, does the AI drive with the default setup or some other setup? Cause they're damn fast. My PB of 1:11:50 is good enough to put me on pole for the "Quick" setting (haven't tried pro yet), but I can't consistently get near that. I consistently lap at about 1:12:50 which is more than half a second behind the AI on Quick.
I'd suggest you use something other than the default setup. This setup here should help you get your times a bit lower.
#3 - J@tko
It depends. If you've checked 'AI drive with player setup', then they drive with the same setup as you. If not, then they drive with default. If you want some tips for driving the UF1, then steer as smoothly as possible. You need to scrub off the least amount of speed in the corners as it so bloody slow!
#4 - wien
Quote from Ikaponthus :Does anyone know, does the AI drive with the default setup or some other setup? Cause they're damn fast.

If you really want to feel deflated, have a look at the WR at LFSWorld (and official LFS site, so don't worry about logging in). You can download a replay by clicking the time of the lap you want to see. It's excellent help for tuning your lines and brake-points.
Quote from wien :If you really want to feel deflated, have a look at the WR at LFSWorld (and official LFS site, so don't worry about logging in). You can download a replay by clicking the time of the lap you want to see. It's excellent help for tuning your lines and brake-points.

Am I reading that right!?

nesrulz
1:07.18

I don't know how that is even possible!! I will check it out when I get back. Unbelievable.
#6 - wien
Quote from Ikaponthus :Am I reading that right!?

I'm afraid so. These guys are completely insane. Most people will never even get within a second or two of these times. Their setups are usually configured for maximum speed for one lap though. They wouldn't be able to do many laps at that speed.

EDIT: ...or four laps in the case of that particular hotlap.
#7 - bbman
One second on a 1-minute combo is not just worlds, but universes apart, you know...
#8 - xtm
Quote from Ikaponthus :Am I reading that right!?

nesrulz
1:07.18

I don't know how that is even possible!! I will check it out when I get back. Unbelievable.

Don't let it get you down. These guys spend hours and days, perfecting 1track/1car combos. Also, I would not recommend using hotlap setups (such as from inferno website), because they are tweaked to the limit. They are fast, but incredibly hard to drive. As a begginer (i'm in the same boat with you), you will be faster (and learn quicker) with a descent, easy-to-drive setup, just ask some people online, usually they are more than willing to share.

Another problem with these setups is that they usually last only a couple of laps, and you don't want that. The goal at the moment is getting the feel of the game, becoming consistent with controls, resulting in consistent laptimes. And you can't be consistent if you only have 2 laps of driving, and then your tyres are red

Just keep practicing, you will see your laptimes drop really soon
Thanks guys.

Lap times are dropping! Now getting into the 1:11's fairly consistently which is good enough to poll on the "Quick" setting. I'll try Pro tonight and see what times the AI do then.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG