The online racing simulator
Most annoying and overused abbreviations in "LFS in-race chat"
Actually, lately i've been blocking the messages quite often (after removing the honk-files, ha! :razz but now and then I don't do the shift-minus thing, and there's at least two abbreviations that make me think "what a unique and sophisticated vocabulary some people have" .

my two "favorites" are:

"wtf???" (or "what the...???")

and

"omfg" - I think I don't like the combination of f&g, although I'm not religious at all. so "omg" - though also overused - is less annoying.

basically all the "f" combinations kind of let the writer appear as trying hard to sound (read??) cool.
... but maybe that's just another sign of me getting old.

what about your "favorites"?
Some people really get worked up about everything.

First the "G25" thread and now this.
#3 - Bean0
The single most annoying one is 'xxxxxxxxx left the pits' as it is usually accompanied by a stutter
Quote from Bean0 :The single most annoying one is 'xxxxxxxxx left the pits' as it is usually accompanied by a stutter

#5 - Ian.H
Quote from Bean0 :The single most annoying one is 'xxxxxxxxx left the pits' as it is usually accompanied by a stutter

Closely followed by the 'cannot [do whatever you wanted to do], a player is connecting'.

Regards,

Ian
#6 - Bean0
Quote from Ian.H :Closely followed by the 'cannot [do whatever you wanted to do], a player is connecting'.

Regards,

Ian

Is that bit of sig on the right new ?
I like it
#7 - Ian.H
Quote from Bean0 :Is that bit of sig on the right new ?
I like it

heh, newish.. couple of weeks.

Saw it on a t-shirt printing stand at the Autosport / Pistonheads show and thought it'd make a good .sig too and definitely not far fro the mark, IMO

Many more can be found at http://farcanal.biz/

Regards,

Ian
"Hi!/Bye!" Binded. Seriously. I guess its too hard/takes too long to write.

"Soz" which is just plain annoying. I mean.. lkja A G="#¤JG=F_AJPIVJAV# goddamn it.

EDIT: Its a fist hitting the keyboard with shift pressed.
The biggest one that pisses me off is 'k' or 'kk'. Is it seriously too hard to press the key above and right of the 'K'?!

And like above, the Hello/Bye combined is annoying.
I have separate binds for hello and bye, thanks for racing.
I don't really hate any of the abbreviations, but I do find it annoying when people start to use them like.. in real life.
Omg is a very annoying example of this, they pronounce it "oh mugh", so it doesn't even really sound like omg, and I noticed little kids are starting to use it too..
Quote from sgt.flippy :I have separate binds for hello and bye, thanks for racing.
I don't really hate any of the abbreviations, but I do find it annoying when people start to use them like.. in real life.
Omg is a very annoying example of this, they pronounce it "oh mugh", so it doesn't even really sound like omg, and I noticed little kids are starting to use it too..

That reminds me, I heard someone say STFU, stafoo. Made me laugh when I heard it.
Soz, hye, hai, bai, anything such that rapes the language.
When people say 'Hi! Bye! Sorry! Thanks! Good race! Blue flag! Dorifto! Activating NOS!' in one bind.
Binded swearnig
lol, the one that gets me are blue flag messages especially when used as the get just near them and not when someone isnt letting you past, well allowing you to pass
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from ussbeethoven :I don't know why, but I rather dislike those Chinese (or Japanese?) characters used as smilies.

That's until you learn that it's not a smilie but a "yo momma" line in a single Chinese character.
What really annoys me on the forum is idiots writing ect instead of etc, which displays that they clearly have no clue what etc is an abbreviation of
Quote from Bean0 :Is that bit of sig on the right new ?
I like it

Sorry Beano, I already nicked it from Ian a few weeks back!
I hate it when you are racing and some idiot binds "SUSPECT NOT STOPPING - USING FORCE" or "LOCATION HIGHWAY - NEED BACKUP" Fools.

Also, binded "Sorry" really annoys me, I get a feeling they don't really mean it. If they went through the little bit of hassle to type sorry to me, I would be much happier.
Quote from JO53PHS :What really annoys me on the forum is idiots writing ect instead of etc, which displays that they clearly have no clue what etc is an abbreviation of

or "per say" - now what should that mean? even if you write it correctly, it sounds absolutely inappropriate unless this was a law-forum.

Quote from The General Lee :
Also, binded "Sorry" really annoys me, I get a feeling they don't really mean it.

The thing is: sometimes I get the feeling, people ram or spin you on purpose (*), they gain a position, you lose like 5, and then they hit the "sorry"-button.

that's like "sorry, hahahaha"

*: not really purpose like "i'm gonna wipe this sucker off the road" but like "I'm gonna do a trick that most probably will end in the other one spinning, but I don't care.
"dolus eventualis" - don't know the english word for that.
Quote from Bandit77 :"per say"

Sounds just like the Finnish word "perse" which means arse.

I think using a sorry bind means you don't really mean it. If you really are sorry you should atleast write it. But still actions speak louder than words.

What annoys me is that some people have so many binds that they forget which is which and as a result spam 10 binds instead of writing something like sorry or hi.
Per say, it's wrongly spelled French and I can't really explain what it means.. But I'll try.
"And he wanted to have it per say", it would mean he wanted it no matter what and nobody could change his mind.
You are a lucky bastard pine!
If I'd been drinking something you would be owing me a new keyboard.
Not so much of an abbreviation, more of an elongation; "see you next tuesday"... admittedly I've not been in many public servers recently though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG