The online racing simulator
My Big Question
(12 posts, started )
My Big Question
Ok first off, let me say this, I am an avid sim racer, trying everything with a decent physics engine out there...and this is the most realistic by far. But....(yup here it comes)....I have also raced in real life on a real race track in real cars...namely Porsches and did very well. Why do I suck at LFS??? I have a nice momo FF wheel a nice 23in LCD screen and am getting 120fps out of my vid card...everything is right hardware wise....am I missing something??? I am following my lines and attempting not to early or late apex...and still not posting great times. HELP!!
because it isnt real, so you cant really drive it like you would a real car. i have no idea about this because i have no racing experience but its just a guess. try pushing the car harder then you would in real life see if it helps.
#3 - BURN
I think you can compare LFS with RL driving, but FZR isnt exactly a porsche :P ( joking it actually is!! )

Since when do you use the MOMO? I guess the fact that it isn`t able to do reallistic range of steering degrees til lock, it may be the Problem to get used to it.

Where do you drive, normal chair and desk or in a Raceframe?

Against who do you drive? the cream de la cream in LFS?

How far away are you from the WR`s?

sorry for my English
Maybe tweak ur setup a bit by adding a bit less tire pressure, changing the toe ins and cambers to make it feel more... Right?

play around and make a setup that feels right for u im sure u will find something realistic
Thanks for the quick replies!! I drive sitting straight up...no race frame yet...how far am I from WR about 15-20secs....Im experimenting with the setups as we speak...
15-20 secs from WR doesn't sound right...even I'm usually less than 10 secs from WR

If you post a replay of a couple of laps driving the combo you have problems with, I'm sure someone will take a look
Well I began tweaking the car a bit and now Im down to about 12-15secs off of WRs and about 10sec off from peoples hot laps. Once I get a few good races in Ill post a replay. Ok Im 9secs off this one...
Attached files
DreaF_BL1_FZR_106370.spr - 51.9 KB - 208 views
Experience...experience....eXperi3nce.....then 1337 experience.
Quote from FTY944 :Ok first off, let me say this, I am an avid sim racer, trying everything with a decent physics engine out there...and this is the most realistic by far. But....(yup here it comes)....I have also raced in real life on a real race track in real cars...namely Porsches and did very well. Why do I suck at LFS??? I have a nice momo FF wheel a nice 23in LCD screen and am getting 120fps out of my vid card...everything is right hardware wise....am I missing something??? I am following my lines and attempting not to early or late apex...and still not posting great times. HELP!!

The big difference between racing and a game, is the feel. You don't feel the car slow down, whip through a corner, you don't feel the clutch, the weight transfer when braking, etc.
Quote from agm_ultimatex :The big difference between racing and a game, is the feel. You don't feel the car slow down, whip through a corner, you don't feel the clutch, the weight transfer when braking, etc.

+1
Quote from dougie-lampkin :15-20 secs from WR doesn't sound right...even I'm usually less than 10 secs from WR

If you post a replay of a couple of laps driving the combo you have problems with, I'm sure someone will take a look

I was real bad when I started out. Didn't know how to drive lines or anything. Started learning that stuff when I started doing some CTRA.
The biggest difference, even though physics in this sim are excellent is you cant feel what the car is doing through your seat like you do in the car. My lines are good even though I fall victim to late apex's as we all do on occasion. I drive for a living, and drive very fast. Not going to get into what I do but am in the car about 12hrs(somtimes 18hrs) a day. Its what I do and I like doing it. We all know that street and track driving is very different and im glad that the physics engine is much better from LFS 1. That said my times are slowly dropping both with experimenting with setups and feeling the car through the wheel and visually instead of the seat of my pants.
Thanks for the help guys and practice practice should make me a bit more competative..I hope.

My Big Question
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG