The online racing simulator
CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
#51 - SamH
I was talking more about SS1, tbh.

I don't see any reason why you exclude tracks like FE Black, SO Long, AS GP, KY GP.
Yes, the server is for beginners but the beginners should also learn to drive the longer tracks.

Edit: Ok, maybe I should have read the thread title.
#53 - SamH
FE1 and AS1 are great fun in a big field with TBO! The first STCC servers we ran were running AS1 in preparation for the STCC league race, and were fantastic! Are you sure?!
#54 - SamH
We're not doing Race 1 here.. this is Race 2 and Race 3. We did Race 1 a couple of weeks ago, and added a couple of tracks then.
#55 - VoiD
Oh..!! Thx Sam

Your list only contains "standard", I thought it must be listed as "CTRA layout", similarly as the records on MYCTRA:

KY3 FXO CTRA layout 2m48s980
#56 - SamH
Yeah, Standard basically means it won't load a specifically named layout. That "switch" is really only used in Bump and Jump track cycles, where there are more than one layout per track.. the track remains constant some of the time, but the track cycle changes the layout in that server.

edit.. actually, for all records anywhere that isn't set on Bump and Jump, if you have a Standard record and a CTRA record, I need to go and delete the Standard. The CTRA layouts are all anti-cut layouts, except Bump and Jump.
CTRA is just a no cut layout, I dont remember exactly but I think you specify _Standard the system will load a _CTRA layout if it is there, or nothing if there isnt one. It's so that no cut layouts can be added without having to edit config files, so for all intents and purposes, _Standard just means normal or no-cut.
Quote from SamH :FE1 and AS1 are great fun in a big field with TBO! The first STCC servers we ran were running AS1 in preparation for the STCC league race, and were fantastic! Are you sure?!

Your absolutely correct, i remember the TBO's round there now Had some great fights.
(my memory ain't what it used to be:razz

Not sure if those tracks would be any good with GT's though.

Maybe consider running all tracks for a few weeks and getting feedback on what doesn't really work after that?
Quote from The Moose :+1
I'd say increase the number of tracks for each server.

The lack of tracks in LFS is what is keeping my interest low at the moment.

The lack of tracks for each CTRA server is even more of a problem.

OK, fair enough. I'm just trying to figure a way of getting more people to race on Race 2 instead of just everyone congregating on Race 1. I think a new approach might be in order, but I'm not sure what.. Surely the population of racers with Silver+ should be big enough to have a decent bunch of racers on Race 2 as well?
Quote from Gnomie :OK, fair enough. I'm just trying to figure a way of getting more people to race on Race 2 instead of just everyone congregating on Race 1. I think a new approach might be in order, but I'm not sure what.. Surely the population of racers with Silver+ should be big enough to have a decent bunch of racers on Race 2 as well?

I agree with you. I don't see why anyone with a silver+ license would congregate on Race1 anyway, when there are much better cars and a better standard of racing on the higher servers.

Anything that gets more people onto Race2 and 3 would be good.
#61 - SamH
Quote from The Moose :Maybe consider running all tracks for a few weeks and getting feedback on what doesn't really work after that?

We have a plan, sir! We're now running all tracks on Race 2 and Race 3. We'll see how it goes for a week or so
Quote from SamH :We have a plan, sir! We're now running all tracks on Race 2 and Race 3. We'll see how it goes for a week or so

Stuart has a good idea for once! Someone pass me the cookies
Quote from SamH :We have a plan, sir! We're now running all tracks on Race 2 and Race 3. We'll see how it goes for a week or so

Excellent, I know what I'm doing for the next few evenings then

Apart from the wee diddy tracks mentioned earlier (AS1, FE1, SO3) I don't see why we shouldn't have the rest in the mix for Race 3 (KY1 is also out for both servers, obviously!)

Race 2 can have the lot, apart from KY1.

I look forward to trying the RAC on FE4R
this will be the first time i´ll race on the oval
Quote from LordBlaster :this will be the first time i´ll race on the oval

A few friends and I tried it with the UF1. It was a proper giggle
Quote from HVS5b :A few friends and I tried it with the UF1. It was a proper giggle

LOL!

Just thining about racing on the oval with the UF1 made me laugh!

I must try it sometime.
Quote from HVS5b :Excellent, I know what I'm doing for the next few evenings then

Seems like you're not the only one -- right now there's 22 people online!! I had a few drinks tonight, so I'm afraid I won't join, but I'll be there tomorrow night! Seems like Race 2 is cured!
Quote from Gnomie :Seems like you're not the only one -- right now there's 22 people online!! I had a few drinks tonight, so I'm afraid I won't join, but I'll be there tomorrow night! Seems like Race 2 is cured!

The downside with race 2 being more popular is it has cost me my only lap record

B*stards :weeping:

Still, it was nice to jump on last night and find half a dozen folks there. Some good racing had before I had to nip off to perform Valentines duties
#69 - SamH
Quote from LordBlaster :this will be the first time i´ll race on the oval

Ahh.. when I said "all tracks", I meant "all tracks that don't give your eyes an RSI and make your ears bleed because they get bored and have nothing better to do". Oval? CTRA!? :thumbsdow
hmm for sure it would have been funny
Quote from LordBlaster :hmm for sure it would have been funny

Would have been hilarious if they put a couple of chicanes or something on it.

I remember the carnage the first time the CTRA layout of FE Green was used
CTRA2 is no longer popular because its not TBO

simple fact.

Im even quite sure that the way CTRA have toyed with the TBO has created hte decline of this server, first it was mixed with UF1 now its LRF ... and you are wondering why its less popular.
#73 - SamH
Nope, it was empty for months while it was TBO. It only saw life again when we added LRF to it. It's still not busy now, but it's a hell of a lot busier than when it was TBO only.
Quote from SamH :Nope, it was empty for months while it was TBO. It only saw life again when we added LRF to it. It's still not busy now, but it's a hell of a lot busier than when it was TBO only.

and you dont think that had anything to do with balancing issues ?
#75 - SamH
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :and you dont think that had anything to do with balancing issues ?

Nope, not really. The server is TBO now, but people tend not to drive TBO when there are alternatives. If we took LRF out, the server would die again.

CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG