The online racing simulator
CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
#26 - SamH
Quote from The Moose :If that were strictly true the UF-BR server would be full 24/7

hehe.. hmm.. well, Race 1 is full most of the time! Although they're not AS easy as UF-BR.. hmm..
Quote from The Moose :Personally i think so many CTRA drivers have raced in the TBO's over the last year that the GT2/GT servers is more popular because it's a change.

I hope you're right there. Fingers crossed, Race 2 will see a resurgence. It's annoying because, as you say, when you get a bunch in there it IS a fantastic night of racing.
Quote from SamH :when you get a bunch in there it IS a fantastic night of racing.

That's pretty much the same for all the CTRA servers in my experience

The last few days on Race 3 has been fantastic. Big grids of both GT2 and 1 and some great racing has been had by all.

If the Race 2 server gets popular again I'll will go there to race. I just go where the action is and at the moment Race 3 is the place to be.
#28 - VoiD
Quote from The Moose :...and at the moment Race 3 is the place to be.

And thats the problem for "us" #2-racers. Less skills needed to drive (for more points) a GT2 fast and stable... compared to TBO/LRF.
#29 - SamH
I changed the points loading last night, in an attempt to increase interest in Race 2. I'm hoping for some feedback when there's some racing there
I got 147 points yesterday (endurance FTW!) for just cruising around the FE Gold in the XRT. And you say you have tweaked the points even more?
Platinum here I come!

I was first in my class but I was the only one who finished.
There was an FXO driver but he ran out of petrol. There were two LRF drivers too.

I was in the lead the whole time and I did get several new PBs. Which is now only about 3 seconds from the lap record.
Quote from The Moose :............The last few days on Race 3 has been fantastic. Big grids of both GT2 and 1 and some great racing has been had by all.

Yup, great racing there.

Quote from SamH :I changed the points loading last night..................

Yeah noticed that, less points for driving flawless, fastest lape and driving spot 1 for 7 laps was about 53 points. Ohh with a full grid
Maybe now people will join race 2 more. I hope not bcus I love the GTR class.
But a suggestion to Sam, Is it possible to set the lape record if you have completed a full race instead of waiting to the last 2 or 3 laps and then go for the lape record. Bcus this is whats been happening lately. They all wait until the leader has 2 or 3 to go and then they go off hotlapping for a lape record.

Normally I dont mind hotlapping but if you just have a good race over 7 laps and you picked a fast lape time you loose bcus someone is hotlappping. In the end of the day for the fastest lape you`ll get some extra points if i am not mistaking. And they get a better starting grid aswell.

Quote from void :......Less skills needed to drive (for more points) a GT2 fast and stable... compared to TBO/LRF.

TBO/LRF are the most difficult cars to drive. No doubt about it. But to get a decent lapetime nowadays with the GTR class you need a lot of skill getting close to the lape records. It seems people made them during hotlapping instead of trying to win a race. Several are made in a 2 laps setup running R2`s. During a qualify for a league I sometime use those tyres and that save loads of time on a lape. But more laps as 3 is out of the question, there fried.
Quote from March Hare :I got 147 points yesterday (endurance FTW!) for just cruising around the FE Gold in the XRT. And you say you have tweaked the points even more?
Platinum here I come!

I was first in my class but I was the only one who finished.
There was an FXO driver but he ran out of petrol. There were two LRF drivers too.

I was in the lead the whole time and I did get several new PBs. Which is now only about 3 seconds from the lap record.

That was me in the FXO I thought for some reason it was 9 lap race, not the enduro 13 lapper on FE3R.

Managed to complete the next two races before I was randomly disconnected in the middle of my third race. Not to worry, my dinner was ready anyhoo

I also landed 140+ pts for being the first TBO car home, with no yellows. Rather bizzarely on the next race (under so far as I can tell, identical circumstances) I only got 66 pts.

I've not done many enduranace races so I'm not sure how this fairs to the norm, but I was sure grateful for the quick points haul

See you there soon, fellow Race 2 fans
#33 - troy
i had some of my best races ever in the first days of the LRF relaunch. then the lx welcome cup happened and sadly i had to cut down on ctra, now its finally done and all i see is an empty race2. so you lrf/tbo addicts wherever you've gone to, come back! i guess i will be lapping a bit in 2-4h from now and see if i can get some of my nemesis back into the race2 boat

attached a race i saved from back then now, was the last race of the evening and sadly i only saved that one but we had at least 10 of those on that day and some of them where even closer. you could also take a look at the lx cup final video, if you are not hooked after that there must be something seriously wrong with you

http://www.stage6.com/user/esp ... 142834/LX-2008-Final-Race

i also think the lx6 got a lot easier to drive since patch y, it can still bite you if you push really hard but as long you don't do that to much its such a pleasure to drive. ok enough of the lx fanboyism for now, see you on track later
Attached files
as5 ctra.mpr - 1.9 MB - 252 views
Maybe you could allow bronze drivers to drive the TBO class, they aren't that hard and it seems like a natural progression from race1 to me. It seems a bronze licence has only gained any relevance at all since the change to the UF-BR server but I'm fairly new to CTRA so I don't know how things were previously. I would like to race the TBO class though and am fully capable of doing so and allowing bronze drivers could get a few more numbers on race2.
#35 - Dru
Quote from tailing :Maybe you could allow bronze drivers to drive the TBO class, they aren't that hard and it seems like a natural progression from race1 to me.

NO!!!!!!

its not the car thats hard to drive thats the problem...... its the standard of racer that needs to be promoted
#36 - SamH
What Dru said, but in larger text and in some really bright colour or something. Maybe with some rope lights around it, I dunno.
it's the fact the car is harder to drive that creates the standard!.....
So a National B license you're of a good enough standard to race on SS2 but the equivalent Bronze license and your not good enough to race on Race2? Well I suppose the SS2 server has the same problem with lack of racers atm so maybe it wouldn't help any anyway. Still I think something is a little out of whack with the license levels, maybe if Bronze was a bit harder (took me only three nights racing) it would be more meaningful and the racers would be of a high enough standard for Race2.
#39 - SamH
You can race on SS2 with a National B, but you're only able to race with a FOX with that licence. It's a mixed class server.

SS servers and CTRA servers can't be compared directly anyway. With a Bronze licence you can race the UF-BR, which we feel is an important phase in licence progression. It's a fun cross to bear, though!
Ban the Baby R! Waste of a server, useless slow car, whats wrong with the UF1 if thats your cup of tea?
:iagree:

Let Bronze racers race in CTRA 2. Lets get the TBO server filled up, best class for close fun racing in my humble opinion

Also you could get rid of the restricted GT2's, again I don't see the point, then let TBO's race with the GT1's perhaps?
I'm up for TBOs with bronze
#42 - SamH
Nope, that won't be happening
it was worth a shot
What about reducing the number of tracks? At least for me, it's a bit overwhelming to have to learn so many tracks. I need to practice offline before I join the server, and since the applet that's supposed to show how long it is till server change doesn't work properly (as explained in the other thread) it's kind of hard. If there were fewer tracks to choose from we could learn them all by heart offline first, eliminating the problem.
A big no to reducing the number of tracks from me. Thats half the fun jumping onto a fresh combo and trying to get up to speed quickly.
Or every so often when a favourite comes up and you can pick up more points than average
Quote from HVS5b :A big no to reducing the number of tracks from me....

+1
I'd say increase the number of tracks for each server.

The lack of tracks in LFS is what is keeping my interest low at the moment.

The lack of tracks for each CTRA server is even more of a problem.
Quote from The Moose :+1
I'd say increase the number of tracks for each server.

+1 to your +1 and to that suggestion.
#48 - SamH
I've been thinking about this recently too. I would be happy to expand the number of available tracks in higher servers. It will mean that there will be tracks that a vocal minority will bitch about, but there are some tracks that I think people should be willing to give a chance. Let's look at the track list and get down to it.

Race 2 and Race 3 use the following tracks:
BL1_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
KY2_Standard
WE1_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS7_Standard
SO5R_Standard
SO6R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2R_Standard
WE1R_Standard
AS3R_Standard
AS7R_Standard
SO4_Standard
FE4_Standard
KY3_Standard
AS4_Standard
AS5_Standard
AS6_Standard
SO4R_Standard
FE4R_Standard
KY3R_Standard
AS4R_Standard
AS5R_Standard
AS6R_Standard

Pretty comprehensive list. There's not much missing from there.

To help, here's a list of all tracks available to those servers:
BL1_Standard
SO1_Standard
SO2_Standard
SO3_Standard
SO4_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE1_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
FE4_Standard
SO1R_Standard
SO2R_Standard
SO3R_Standard
SO4R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
FE1R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
FE4R_Standard
KY2_Standard
KY3_Standard
WE1_Standard
AS1_Standard
AS2_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS4_Standard
AS5_Standard
AS6_Standard
AS7_Standard
KY2R_Standard
KY3R_Standard
WE1R_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2R_Standard
AS3R_Standard
AS4R_Standard
AS5R_Standard
AS6R_Standard
AS7R_Standard

Let's hammer it out.. inclusions and reasons, exclusions and reasons please
#49 - VoiD
For the TBO's and GT's i see no reason not to include every track except FE1, SO3 and AS1 (and the reverse configs of those of course)

CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG