Poll : SETUP HOLDING (SETUP FIX)

Closed since :
YES, it need for fair onemake race
No, it no need
Setup Holding (setup Fix)
Hi, racers

you guys imaginable about onemake race?

which mean setup holding
(i can't sure but in nascar or rfactor call the setup fix)

maybe when i open the server and i want just all guest use FXO with

hardtrack setup.

but LFS not possible.

i want hear your opinions.

ps. sorry my bad english. but i just try and try practice
We Need~! One Make Race. Very Fun
(ex. FXO Hardtrack Set In Aston Club Race Very Fun.)
#3 - J.I.T
i agree to make setup fix.

maybe that will be one of fair game options , i think.
Are you guys the Korean triplets?

+1 for the idea though, but it's been suggested many times before
i agree to make setup fix.

Good Idea :]
#6 - Nobo
You mean something like the possibility to force a certain setup for everyone?
I would like that idea to, but its not very high on my priority list
-
(megaepsilon) DELETED by megaepsilon
hmm already other post have been posted.. I didn't know about it.. Do I have to delete my post?
If it means to force people on a server to use a certain set, it`s a +1 from me. It would be fun to have races where everyone is using the same setup.
Yes, exactly
#11 - _ak
What's the point? That might be ok for road cars but IRL teams may setup their cars even when all have the same cars
+1
This is like a RL "cost limitation", but all we can spend is time fiddling with the setup. Give closer races, and prevent uber setup users.

I personally would go mad if I had to race some setups, but I like the option anyway.

Question: I think this is already possible for a series, with setup scrutineering via the replay?
Good idea. Then all racers would compete on equal premises, and the most skillful driver would be the one to win.
a big +1
would make racing nicer, easyer for the weaks like me and thougher!
I've been asking for a server-side fixed setup option for ages, myself.

Always worked very well in NR2003.

edit: DSR has been doing something similar in their FBM league, where they use a "spec" setup based on the actual FBM league limitations, but the lack of a server-side option to set the setup means they have to go through the rigamarole of having everyone send the admin their set before qualifying starts to ensure they're using a "legal" one.
No one expects the Korean inquisition..........
You guys do realize a couple of things:

1) Hard limiting setups would be a bullet in the head for game play. I have certain-wheel-with-a-25-in-the-name, drive without any aids using H-shifter when necessary and use 100% linear steering thus I want to change my steering degrees and brake balance to suit my personal driving style (using lots of trail braking for instance).

2) We good drivers would still rape you inside out and thus we are back in status quo.

I do like the idea of removing lot of setup options from the road cars.
#18 - Woz
+1 BUT you need to be able to unlock parts of the setup. Such as steering lock, tyre pressure etc.

It its just a simple select a set and everyone must use then BIG no.
This does bring up an important subject. Do conjoined triplets have to pay for separate licenses?
-
(megaepsilon) DELETED by megaepsilon
Quote from Woz :+1 BUT you need to be able to unlock parts of the setup. Such as steering lock, tyre pressure etc.

It its just a simple select a set and everyone must use then BIG no.

+1, ability for the server to lock setup options separately. e.g. fix suspension but leave ARB tuneable. That would make for very interesting races.
Quote from spankmeyer :You guys do realize a couple of things:

1) Hard limiting setups would be a bullet in the head for game play. I have certain-wheel-with-a-25-in-the-name, drive without any aids using H-shifter when necessary and use 100% linear steering thus I want to change my steering degrees and brake balance to suit my personal driving style (using lots of trail braking for instance).

2) We good drivers would still rape you inside out and thus we are back in status quo.

I do like the idea of removing lot of setup options from the road cars.

Not so much. It worked great in other games (NR2002). It works great in real life (there are many leagues on the entry-level that do this, alot of them in karting)

If your still a better driver, of course you will do better, thats the whole point. With fixed setups, the drivers win, not the cars. I can shave 5 seconds of of alot of tracks with just the right setup (compared to the basic "hardtrack") setup.

Also, it would allow the server to force more realistic setups. One area that LFS is lacking is ride-height. It handles it correctly as far as the suspension goes, but it doesn't handle airflow under the car affecting its performance...so many setups out there jack the cars up so they can smash the curbs to get better lap times...IRL, that wouldnt fly...
Quote from rjm1982 :so many setups out there jack the cars up so they can smash the curbs to get better lap times...IRL, that wouldnt fly...

Oh so wrong...

In real life.. it would fly.. a LOT.
Quote from CasseBent :This does bring up an important subject. Do conjoined triplets have to pay for separate licenses?

Can't believe I didn't spot this comment before. I just laughed hard!
+1
+1 for fixed setups!
Meh... people should just take the time to learn how to setup a car. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes a lot of fun. Learning how to setup a car properly will also help you with your driving, and managing your tyre temperatures. If all else fails then just download a hotlap setup off team Inferno and reduce the camber and increase the tyre pressure, that literally takes 10 seconds to do and I can be within 1 second of the WR no problem most of the time.

-1. Just because a few people can't be bothered setting up their car, everyone has to suffer a potentially poor handling setup? no thanks.

Setup Holding (setup Fix)
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG