The online racing simulator
Newbeginners drift event
(30 posts, started )
#1 - Nemox
Newbeginners drift event
Hello
We are still abit of a new team, although all of us have been members of other teams before this.
Now, what we were thinking, to get the newbeginners who want to get abit better in drifting and getting a better feel of drifting an S2 car something to sink their teeth into
we decided to host a little newbeginners drift event.
You can do a lap drifting either the XRT, RB4, FZ5 or LX4 and send the replay file to our mail. 8 of the best will be invited to a private server where they will compete for the nr 1 position! the winner gets a personal custom skin created by a very good photoshopper..

Planning to make this a monthly thing, although it isn't a pro comp I think they would get abit of a feel for all of it. Our teammembers are also gonna be there to guide, give you some pointers etc during the practice session.

For those of you that don't know, this is how you save and send the replay: After you have done your lap, press "2" on your keyboard, save it, call it whatever u want. then go to your LFS S2 folder, then
data/spr... You found it? yes you did! Now, attach it to a new e-mail message and send it to us.

Send us your replay at : [email protected]
You may put your username in there too.

Please excuse my bad spelling, I haven't slept in 48 hours.

good luck!

best regards
Team Shift Lock
Well i am a beginner on drifting and i drift with keyboard but i want to ask some questions ;P .On what track must we drive on the replay ? how many laps we have to do and when is the end of the competition ? thanks Nice event
My question is the same as moskovich.
Where we must do our laps?on wich track

Greetzz aroutin
I suppose any map will do?
#5 - Nemox
Quote from daloonie :I suppose any map will do?

That's right.. the replay is only so we can see you drift a little.
1 lap only. We can't sit and watch spr's all day. And deadline for sending in replays is Friday 12:00 CET
I sent my replay on that e:mail
Well i that isn't possible dude Becouse you probably drvie with patch X but we all are with Y
Also, you are restricted to the XRG i would assume for drifting, instead of XRT. I accidently was drifting (practicing) with the XRG last night lol, the cars look too alike.
what's wrong with the XRG? it's non turbo, but so what? you can drift anything RWD that can brake traction.

BTW, i want to join too if he is getting in
Quote from Auzas :Why should i be restricted if i have acess to license

I would assume that means that a friend of your have a license you can use or something? Well, that's really not my buisness who's license it is, so if you wanna do that, then go ahead..

And guys, please! Don't make this tread about which car's can be drifted or not. There are threads about that around the forum.
yeah, can i join even if i can only use the XRG, but what about using the BMW formula car? would that be cheating?
Quote from atlantian :yeah, can i join even if i can only use the XFG, but what about using the BMW formula car? would that be cheating?

That wouldn't be cheating... Cause you wouldn't be able to enter...
The server is restricted to XRT, FZ5, RB4 and LX4...
Quote from Nemox :That wouldn't be cheating... Cause you wouldn't be able to enter...
The server is restricted to XRT, FZ5, RB4 and LX4...

oh, whoops nevermind, apperently this is not a demo friendly event...
Can I join?
I send my replay to! I'm not that good yet but i'm not the worst either.
Quote from Smoky DRFT :I send my replay to! I'm not that good yet but i'm not the worst either.

You do that.. we are struggeling with getting enough people to join it.. Some people just wanna drift in a newbeginners event to win it and get a confidence boost.. But feel free to send us the replay.. Looking forward to seeing it..
On what track does it have to be done on?
Quote from -DrftMstr- :On what track does it have to be done on?

Already answered that... any track you'd like.. just keep it to 1 lap..
Quote from josh8989 :its coz u dunno how to use the car!!!

Nr 1: Why are u replying to a thread about a S2 event?
Nr 2: Who are u talking to? Find the quote button will ya?
I'll enter this. Not a really good drifter so I guess it's my place.
Quote from Riders Motion :I'll enter this. Not a really good drifter so I guess it's my place.

But i'll be fair... no RB4 for me. XRT or FZ5.

Quote from Nemox :Nr 1: Why are u replying to a thread about a S2 event?
Nr 2: Who are u talking to? Find the quote button will ya?

he's talking to me. Let him talk bull
Quote from Riders Motion :I'll enter this. Not a really good drifter so I guess it's my place.

Haha! yeah! uhhh, no... :P I saw you go a couple of laps on our server today, and u were good.. :P But you are free to join our event on Tuesday for the more experienced... Applications for that is also sent to [email protected]
:s I haven't played LFS today... Maybe it was yesterday tho? Anyway, I don't think it would be fair for Gordon or me to enter this but I'll still try to send a .spr this weekend.

Newbeginners drift event
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG